What happened to those who believe in UR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nice try, no horseshoe
OK... let us try again to get a ringer...

Here's the question:
" Why do insist on this particular passage, relating to Jesus' temptation in the desert, as being interpreted literally? "

I know you don't have an inerrancy issue. I know that you don't believe Jesus is Satan. I know you don't believe Jesus was "babbling" to himself. I know you DO believe he was talking to Satan. So you don't have to address any of that.. just answer the question.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK... let us try again to get a ringer...

Here's the question: " Why do insist on this particular passage, relating to Jesus' temptation in the desert, as being interpreted literally? "

Who said I interpreted the account "literally?" How do we "discern" an "anti-Christ" spirit in a "literal sense?"
I know you don't have an inerrancy issue.

As stated, we haven't discussed it.
I know that you don't believe Jesus is Satan.

bravo
I know you don't believe Jesus was "babbling" to himself. I know you DO believe he was talking to Satan. So you don't have to address any of that.. just answer the question.

Why are you trying to pin "literalist" upon me now? Got some diatribe ready to unleash?

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Who said I interpreted the account "literally?" How do we "discern" an "anti-Christ" spirit in a "literal sense?"

As stated, we haven't discussed it.

bravo

Why are you trying to pin "literalist" upon me now? Got some diatribe ready to unleash?

enjoy!

squint
You are the one insisting he is talking to someone... that is a literal interpretation. You are the one saying he couldn't be talking to himself, that is literal. You are the one that insist Satan is real, that is literal.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are the one insisting he is talking to someone...

That seems rather obvious doesn't it? The term "someone" however is debateable.

that is a literal interpretation.

Not really. It's more of you trying to put your words in my mouth so you can slander your own conceptions. Is there some point to that?
You are the one saying he couldn't be talking to himself, that is literal.

Talking only to Himself would be more literal than Jesus addressing the Anti-Christ spirit eh?
You are the one that insist Satan is real, that is literal.

Again, another petty conception from your lips trying to paste itself on to me. Sorry. I just ain't buyin' your baloney today.

There are serious issues in trying to "scripturally understand" the ways, nature and workings of the Anti-Christ spirit. Your surface skimming is worthless to me personally, as your positions have been laid out as simplistic deridings of subject matter that you have stated you do not accept anyway. Burn your own strawmen and leave me out of it. Trying to tie me to your strawmen will just make you more frustrated.

Move on.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What frustrates me is the incomprehensibility of your posts.

Have you noticed that you must either be insane or so much more brilliant than everyone else... NO ONE understands what you are writing.

It is almost as if some monkey is pushing randomly arranged words on a key board to form these sentences of yours.

Reactions: Soul Searcher
Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What frustrates me is the incomprehensibility of your posts.

Freely translated to mean that I don't read through your intended filters. So What?
Have you noticed that you must either be insane or so much more brilliant than everyone else... NO ONE understands what you are writing.

You seemed to have picked up on some of the simplicities, so don't scratch your head too harshly. The fact that you wish me insane is proof enough of what you desire to bring. I know "who" I'm dealing with, you don't. In scriptural "fact" the arousal of the accusers of our fellow man comes hand in hand wherever The Word is sown. You are in this way, just the continual sign of this working that is in you as well. Surprise!
It is almost as if some monkey is pushing randomly arranged words on a key board to form these sentences of yours.

I am sure you will find more even more vile ways to slur me before you are finished. I know where you will land on these matters already.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Casstranquility

Potato, pineapple, pickle.
Aug 25, 2005
Vermont, U.S.A.
✟9,610.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi, squint. :)

I have a question for you, because I am curious:

Would you perhaps agree that Satan is sin?

Romans 7:11
For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, squint. :)

I have a question for you, because I am curious:

Would you perhaps agree that Satan is sin?

Romans 7:11
For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death.

The "Devil" is fully implicated in "all sin." And yes, I do equate Satan as the Devil, an Anti-Christ spirit that God Himself made to resist LOVE and to "cover His children" with his darkness in both our flesh and minds.

But as you also know, I do not and will not nor is there cause to make God, His Christ, or any of mankind THE SAME AS the workings of that anti-Christ spirit. Those who DO SUCH THINGS are under a spirit of error.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Casstranquility

Aug 25, 2005
Vermont, U.S.A.
✟9,610.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The "Devil" is fully implicated in "all sin." And yes, I do equate Satan as the Devil, an Anti-Christ spirit that God Himself made to resist LOVE and to "cover His children" with his darkness in both our flesh and minds.

Would you agree then that Jesus was tempted by sin?

But as you also know, I do not and will not nor is there cause to make God, His Christ, or any of mankind THE SAME AS the workings of that anti-Christ spirit.

Yes, I do know. I understand why you wouldn't want to do that. What I do not understand is why you will not allow another to have a different point of view on whether or not satan exists. You see, in my point of view, the word satan is just one word in place of another for the purpose of storytelling. Can it not be acceptable that I have this point of view? I do not hold the point of view that Jesus was what He was talking to. I only hold the point of view that it was not an entity.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Would you agree then that Jesus was tempted by sin?

Sin is an "action" of the devil/satan. Jesus had no "temptation" in His Flesh or His Mind. That is why we "listen to Him." Jesus addressed the workings of the Anti-Christ spirit as APART FROM THEM and in OPEN RESISTANCE to them, NOT as a part or pacel of Himself.

Many falsely claim that Jesus had "thoughts" like you or I have thoughts who DO NOT DIVIDE or SEPARATE ourselves from iniquity when we were carnally sold UNDER that mindset of THEM. Jesus did not have "sin" in any form in Himself or in His Words.
Yes, I do know. I understand why you wouldn't want to do that. What I do not understand is why you will not allow another to have a different point of view on whether or not satan exists.

You can believe whatever you please. Not my problem. But the promotions that mankind, God or His Christ are the same as the anti-Christ will receive the Light of Division by those who know better from His Words.

Do not mistake that in these dealings, that we deal with other people. We deal with "spirits."
You see, in my point of view, the word satan is just one word in place of another for the purpose of storytelling.

I am not and will remain disinterested in other people's fairy tales about the nature or existence of the anti-Christ spirit. That working is a very real working in this present world however you try and spin it or pin it. To relegate that working to "storytelling" is very true as it pertains to LYING.

There are very certain workings that the anti-Christ spirit brings to the flesh and mind, and those workings are ACTIVATED by handling The Word. This too is Gods Working. Wherever the Word is sown, Satan comes immediately to steal.

Can it not be acceptable that I have this point of view? I do not hold the point of view that Jesus was what He was talking to. I only hold the point of view that it was not an entity.

I do not call the anti-Christ spirit "an entity." It is the power of ANTI-LIFE, which contains many OPPOSERS or OPPOSITES. One of those workings is to DENY it exists. Another is to BLAME AND ACCUSE Gods offspring, all mankind. You will see this activity of the anti-Christ spirit wherever you find "BELIEVERS."

In the church has sat the greatest hatred of our fellow man that is available. That hatred is the promotion that those whom we are to love, ALL MANKIND, are going to be fried alive forever. So you can either blame the people who hold that view or you can understand the great working of that spirit and NOT blame them. I am in the latter camp. The camp of CLEAN CUTS which divide people from that working, as God has taught me via His Words. Most will not understand the working of division, even while the resistors in them are vilely aroused when they hear this Good News to mankind and the BAD NEWS to them and their workings.

You will see this resistance OPENLY wherever the Good News comes down between these vessels and the Sword of The Lord CUTS them off and shows them as the accusers and condemners they are. I do not count that working against my fellow man, but I do know their arousals and workings quite well.

1 John:
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God

There are many forms of "testing." One "test" is to see if anyone counts sins against our fellow man. IF they do so, they are speaking from the CONDEMNERS seat as a PAWN.

There is another testing. Those who make God or His Christ or MANKIND, Gods offspring as Satan or devils are assuredly speaking as missing the mark.

There is another test. Those who deny that there is such a power at work in this present world. These speakers speak from a position of BLINDNESS.

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. 8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

The condemners of our fellow man are aroused and infected when they hear this proclamation.

Someone who started this thread asked where all the christian universalists were? I say they remain locked in an ever greater form of resistance because they approached closer to HIS TRUTH, yet they remain awash in the condemnation of our fellow man, and they slur God and Christ as being the devil. That's where they landed. Nothing has really "changed" for them except the fanciful imaginations that have sprung up.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0

Casstranquility

Aug 25, 2005
Vermont, U.S.A.
✟9,610.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Sin is an "action" of the devil/satan. Jesus had no "temptation" in His Flesh or His Mind.

But, squint, the Bible says Jesus was tempted by the devil. Oh, you are saying that the temptation came from outside of Him, yes?
You do not agree that Satan is sin?

Jesus did not have "sin" in any form in Himself or in His Words.

I know. One cannot have sin, sin is not a thing to have.

But the promotions that mankind, God or His Christ are the same as the anti-Christ will receive the Light of Division by those who know better from His Words.

So, you are debating with everyone because you do not want what you believe to be false promoted?

Do not mistake that in these dealings, that we deal with other people. We deal with "spirits."

Hmm...

To relegate that working to "storytelling" is very true as it pertains to LYING.

Storytelling does not pertain to lying...did Jesus lie when He told parables? Those were stories, and they were true even though they never happened.

I do not call the anti-Christ spirit "an entity." It is the power of ANTI-LIFE

But, you have been calling Satan a separate entity. Now you are calling Satan a 'power'...

That hatred is the promotion that those whom we are to love, ALL MANKIND, are going to be fried alive forever.

Well, you know I don't believe that.

So you can either blame the people who hold that view or you can understand the great working of that spirit and NOT blame them.

There is another choice, blame no one for anything and love all, including the anti-christ spirit.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But, squint, the Bible says Jesus was tempted by the devil. Oh, you are saying that the temptation came from outside of Him, yes?

Yes, as an attempt to GLOM ONTO Him in flesh and mind, to make ANOTHER SLAVE of them, which was opely rebuked. And that working was DIVIDED by Jesus upon Israel. Jesus knew that the "children of the flesh" were IN Israel, but ARE NOT Israel. Paul calls these vessels of dishonor and vessels of wrath. as that is what they WILL assuredly GET from God.

You do not agree that Satan is sin?

Sin is an "action" of Satan in the flesh or mind. It's an action of "missing the mark," violating law, or anything that is not of faith, which works by LOVE.

I know. One cannot have sin, sin is not a thing to have.

We cannot say we have "no sin" or the Truth is not "in us." An interesting little lesson in being "truthful." An even greater lesson in SEPARATING yourself or your fellow man from same.

You may see that without a position of the anti-Christ spirit upon which to judge you will only have yourself or your fellow man to blame, and that won't "cut it" scripturally speaking.
So, you are debating with everyone because you do not want what you believe to be false promoted?

I declare the unconditional Love and Grace of God for all of mankind. In that the resistance movement becomes very aroused, as that is promised what will happen by Gods Words.
Storytelling does not pertain to lying...did Jesus lie when He told parables? Those were stories, and they were true even though they never happened.

A storytelling that results in saying the anti-Christ spirit does not exist apart from mankind or God is a lie. A storytelling that makes our fellow man or God as those things is also a lie no matter how you powder it.

Jesus spoke in "parables" because the Good News is NOT unto the resistors. A parable forces spiritual understandings and also brings palpable divisions.
But, you have been calling Satan a separate entity. Now you are calling Satan a 'power'...

There are many workings of Satan. The power of deception. The spirit of slumber, blindness, error, illness. All the vile descriptions of it's workings. Even the power of death.
Well, you know I don't believe that.

You do perhaps like many "universalists" still condemn your fellow man in some shape or fashion. I have found very few who have departed from that working entirely.
There is another choice, blame no one for anything and love all, including the anti-christ spirit.

lol. There is no command to love the workings of darkness. The promotion of satanic salvation is another little gem from the camp of the blinded ones. You do realize that there is not a single scripture in the entire Bible that grants any form of salvation specifically to the devil and his messengers. Yet the pollyanna cry amongst many in "christian universalism" is that this will happen, even when they have EXACTLY ZERO scriptural validity to back up that claim. go figure. They sound like real idiots when confronting orthodoxy with that view. They usually and rightfully get their theological heads handed to them on a platter of ignorance.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
squint, I just want to say, that even though we disagree on some points, we agree on others, and I am glad you do not blame mankind for their sins and you offer love to all. :hug:

You also perhaps know then "why" the accusers come out 'in force." Jesus revealed "them" and drove "them" out of the temple prior, and that working continues to this day In Truth. There will be a DAY of ERADICATION for "them."

Upvote 0

Casstranquility

Aug 25, 2005
Vermont, U.S.A.
✟9,610.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, as an attempt to GLOM ONTO Him in flesh and mind, to make ANOTHER SLAVE of them, which was opely rebuked.

Well, I'll agree with that!

Sin is an "action" of Satan in the flesh or mind. It's an action of "missing the mark," violating law, or anything that is not of faith, which works by LOVE.

I know what sin is...it's Satan I'm trying to understand.

We cannot say we have "no sin"

No, really, we can't 'have' sin, sin is an 'action' as you have said, and not a 'thing'. One cannot 'have' an action but they can do an action.

You may see that without a position of the anti-Christ spirit upon which to judge you will only have yourself or your fellow man to blame, and that won't "cut it" scripturally speaking.

Well, for some reason I just can't see that... perhaps some day. I'd rather not judge anyone or anything or any power.

I declare the unconditional Love and Grace of God for all of mankind.

:thumbsup: That's great!

Jesus spoke in "parables" because the Good News is NOT unto the resistors. A parable forces spiritual understandings and also brings palpable divisions.

Yes, and the story of Jesus in the desert with Satan does the same thing, so I am suggesting that it is a parable.

You do perhaps like many "universalists" still condemn your fellow man in some shape or fashion. I have found very few who have departed from that working entirely.

I do not find it within my power to stop completely, I am still young and I was conditioned from childhood to judge everyone and everything. I do wish to discontinue this habit, though. It is not loving, nor is it good for my health or anyone else's.

lol. There is no command to love the workings of darkness.

I do not care, actually. I do not love anyone or anything based on a command, but because it is in my nature to love, and perfect love casts out fear. Therefore I will love the spirits of darkness, for loving them casts away my fear of them.

You do realize that there is not a single scripture in the entire Bible that grants any form of salvation specifically to the devil and his messengers.

No, I do not realize that...but, I also do not care. I see a God who is Love, and Love loves what it creates. If God loves satan and his demons, then so will I.

Upvote 0

squint

Jul 23, 2007
Mountain Regions
✟20,405.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, really, we can't 'have' sin, sin is an 'action' as you have said, and not a 'thing'. One cannot 'have' an action but they can do an action.

The "condition" of sin indwelling the flesh is as Paul stated, NO LONGER I, twice in Romans 7. That is "how" Paul separated "himself" from "iniquity."

Paul knew that whenever he desired to do good, that EVIL was present with him. Not that he, as Gods child was THAT EVIL.

It is most logical to connect that evil with him to the sin indwelling his flesh, which is aroused by the law, empowered by the law and the workings of SIN are OF THE DEVIL. It's not the "devil makes us do it." Sin is the DEVIL sinning in the FLESH, and making Gods offspring SUFFER from the association of being bound into the same flesh.

No, I do not realize that...but, I also do not care. I see a God who is Love, and Love loves what it creates. If God loves satan and his demons, then so will I.

Matt. 16:
23- Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God

The real "workers of inquity" will go to the infamous "Lake" and Gods offspring shall go entirely FREE of them.

2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

enjoy!

squint

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.