What happened to Jesus Christ after resurrection?

Isop777

Jul 1, 2019
Los Angeles
✟8,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This question came to me under some circumstances.

I’ve researched. What I found, they say in Islam, he lived until 158 years old and died on May 27th. Nowhere in the Bible I found this information to be confirmed.

Others believe He went to be with the Father after 40 days.

I would be very greatful if someone could lead me to scriptures, where I can get this information and settle this question for myself.

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I’ve researched. What I found, they say in Islam, he lived until 158 years old and died on May 27th. Nowhere in the Bible I found this information to be confirmed.

I would be very greatful if someone could lead me to scriptures, where I can get this information and settle this question for myself.
Read the ends of all 4 gospels and the opening chapter of Acts.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I’ve researched. What I found, they say in Islam, he lived until 158 years old and died on May 27th.

Complete nonsense.

Act 1:2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:
Act 1:3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.
Act 1:5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
Act 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
Act 1:7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
Act 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Act 1:9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
Act 1:10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Reactions: Isop777
Upvote 0

AvgJoe

Member since 2005
Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2005
Texas
✟332,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private

Yes, 40 days is correct. Here is a timeline from the Resurrection to Penecost~~~> A Timetable of Events From The Resurrection to Pentecost | | Spotlight Ministries

Reactions: Isop777
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Why do you go after what the Quran says. Jesus lived for 158 years? That's meant to deceive. They won't accept the fact that Jesus Christ was crucified.

Here is some more information regarding Jesus's life and resurrection.

The Number 44 and 444

The final part of Jesus' earthly ministry is 44 days long. This period began on the day he was crucified, which was Wednesday, April 5 in 30 A.D. (Nisan 14 in the year 3790 according to the Hebrew calendar used in the Bible). It ended on the day he gave his final instructions to his disciples and ascended to heaven from the Mount of Olives, which occurred on Thursday, May 18 (Iyar 27).

According to the book "The Appointed Times of Jesus the Messiah" (page 213), there seems to exist an interesting relationship between the number 444 and Christ's ministry. Jesus' ministry began in the fall of 26 A.D. In his first recorded public address, he links his ministry and message to the start of the Jubilee year (Luke 4:16 - 21, see also Isaiah 61:1 - 2). This special period of liberty and freedom began every 50th year on the Day of Atonement (Leviticus 25). Christ's linkage suggests that his ministry, like the Jubilee, also started on this holy day.

The Day of Atonement in 26 A.D. corresponds on the Hebrew calculated calendar (used to determine God's annual Feast Days) to Wednesday, Tishri 10 in the Hebrew (Jewish) year 3787. If Christ's ministry began on this day, it means it lasted 44 months (Hebrew years 3787 and 3789 had 13 months in them) and 4 days (444) until his crucifixion on Passover in 3790 (30 A.D.).

Upvote 0

Isop777

Jul 1, 2019
Los Angeles
✟8,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you go after what the Quran says. Jesus lived for 158 years? That's meant to deceive. They won't accept the fact that Jesus Christ was crucified.

Here is some more information regarding Jesus's life and resurrection.

The Number 44 and 444

The final part of Jesus' earthly ministry is 44 days long. This period began on the day he was crucified, which was Wednesday, April 5 in 30 A.D. (Nisan 14 in the year 3790 according to the Hebrew calendar used in the Bible). It ended on the day he gave his final instructions to his disciples and ascended to heaven from the Mount of Olives, which occurred on Thursday, May 18 (Iyar 27).

According to the book "The Appointed Times of Jesus the Messiah" (page 213)...

Why do you assign to me what "I go by"? If I went by anything, I wouldn't have had a question. I did not ask you to judge what I do or what I don't do. I asked for information from the BIBLE, not any other book, including the one you mentioned. So I could clear my confusion.
No need for condescending attitude.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What happened to Jesus Christ after resurrection?

As our SoF says, He ascended into Heaven (Luke 24:51; Acts of the Apostles 1:10) and sits at the right hand of the Father.

By stating that you are Christian, you have already said that you believe this.

I’ve researched. What I found, they say in Islam, he lived until 158 years old and died on May 27th.

FWIW, Muslims teach that Jesus is still alive somewhere, and will return again.

Upvote 0

Isop777

Jul 1, 2019
Los Angeles
✟8,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As our SoF says, He ascended into Heaven (Luke 24:51; Acts of the Apostles 1:10) and sits at the right hand of the Father.

By stating that you are Christian, you have already said that you believe this.

FWIW, Muslims teach that Jesus is still alive somewhere, and will return again.

I asked for scriptures to clear up my confusion. Yet here you are questioning my faith.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I asked for scriptures to clear up my confusion. Yet here you are questioning my faith.

No, I'm saying that to register as a Christian on this board, you actually have to agree to all this.

I would urge you to follow that link, check out the Scripture verses, and come back with any questions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Isop777

Jul 1, 2019
Los Angeles
✟8,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For all the next ones to respond:

May be the wording of my original post did not come out right.

What I meant to say: the question came into my mind, I googled and came across the info about 158 years on google, which turned out to be Islamic version of event. Right after I came across that information on google (!) not Quran, I turned to Bible to find information/dates/numbers about those events.
Then I figured I'd ask those, that perhaps are more equipped to direct me to exact scriptures....

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joined2krist

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
✟427,078.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Islam should not be a reference for Jesus' life. Read the end of Matthew and the first chapter of Act. God bless

Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do you assign to me what "I go by"? If I went by anything, I wouldn't have had a question. I did not ask you to judge what I do or what I don't do. I asked for information from the BIBLE, not any other book, including the one you mentioned. So I could clear my confusion.
No need for condescending attitude.

I didn't get this information from some book but from the biblestudy website where many christians goes to. You are very condemning for no reason at all.

Upvote 0