• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What happened to Christians being loving and kind?

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
not sure, but a christianity that is based upon the unwritten common understanding that "we who gather in this building every sunday are gods chosen because we believe the right doctrine and tithe and everyone else goes to hell" are of course not nice ppl LOL. Jesus never did anything like that haha.

I say that as a believer in the gospel for many decades and someone who believes christianity as a role to play, not against it.

Also some spiritual people may seem harsh for a reason, but thatas a whole other matter. You know Jesus took out the whip a few times, it happens! But thats probably not whats been happening in your case.

Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yeah well I'm alone 95% of the time and I feel like I want to die. I've only started two or three threads and I've basically just gotten negativity, condescension, assumptions....anything but support. I've asked why does God want me to suffer and I was met with nothing but assumptions. No one really wants to know another's story and offer practical advice. Telling someone who is alone and wants to die due to the crushing loneliness...you don't tell them to get over it or learn to like it or anything of the sort...and yet that's the only answer I get.

Loneliness Can Kill, Literally | HuffPost

• Prayers
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Anytime I post anything here I get nothing but condescension, judging and assumptions. No support love or understanding. Why?
Many would not be that way "face to face", but, for some reason online, people seem to be different...

Sorry...

I am trying to be the same on here as I am in person, but, it does take "work" and "time"...

People can be very cold and cruel online, and I think it is because they know they will not have to ever face them, face to face, and are really "cowards" and two faced...

My prayers are with you...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah well I'm alone 95% of the time and I feel like I want to die. I've only started two or three threads and I've basically just gotten negativity, condescension, assumptions....anything but support. I've asked why does God want me to suffer and I was met with nothing but assumptions. No one really wants to know another's story and offer practical advice. Telling someone who is alone and wants to die due to the crushing loneliness...you don't tell them to get over it or learn to like it or anything of the sort...and yet that's the only answer I get.

Do you get online and be mean to people because of this, or act very differently than you would ever act face to face...?

Many do, and I'm not saying that "you" do, just that, and to point out that many do do that, and it is really a "problem with them" and not you...

You can PM me anytime, I've had to adjust to being alone most of time, and have struggled with suicide myself, and mental problems and issues as well, on top of that, so, if you want to, you can "try me on" by PMing me anytime...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Anytime I post anything here I get nothing but condescension, judging and assumptions. No support love or understanding. Why?

Sin. Pray for them, because they are having the same struggles with flesh like you and me.

If you're looking to find someone that you feel more comfortable to talk with, I'm here PM me.

God bless you, do not be discouraged :)

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Are you attending a church right now ?

The cure for lonliness is to establish new relationships with people (i.e. friends, family, co-workers, church members, etc.). Get out among people ... and make new connections. Find a place of service that teams you with other people. Pray that God will bring you into contact with those who will connect with you.

There are many women out there who are looking for a good man to love them. Be that good man.

• Agree
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
You will never be alone. Not here or in life as God is with you. Ok, you may feel lonely but sometimes one has to carry on trudging through the desert while praying and being strong in your faith and outlook however hard it feels.

God bless you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stuart lawrence

Oct 21, 2015
✟70,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Head knowledge, knowing much of the literal letter of scripture does not mean love must be the result, often just the opposite

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Not sure.. But this is the first time i have seen your name NW82??

Is this your first accout? Or have you come here and been banned before?

Anyway if you have some genuine points i am willing to consider them via the message system..

Upvote 0

christianforumsuser

Oct 28, 2017
Rochester
✟3,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you want to hear sweet words I might not have any to offer today. But I also might not kick you just because it makes me feel better and self-righteous.
-
Find the remission of sin. Consider the heart and spirit. You need God's Word.
If everything were like a Paradise in the world maybe people wouldn't seek God. In fact maybe so many people consider their life so great and themselves strong. Such height must be slippery isn't it. Anyways everyone who has sin needs to repent don't they. But do you know true repentance and remission? Do you believe?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums