Semarang
✟15,678.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I'm a Christian, but I dont have a deep understanding about my belief. I want to die, but I dont know what will happen to me after I die. I believe in heaven and hell, but I dont know how the judgement work. Will God forgive me if I take my self? How Christianity explain life after death?

Jen35

Mar 31, 2019
Over the moon like centipedes
✟19,420.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a Christian, but I dont have a deep understanding about my belief. I want to die, but I dont know what will happen to me after I die. I believe in heaven and hell, but I dont know how the judgement work. Will God forgive me if I take my self? How Christianity explain life after death?
Well wouldn't it be better to give your life to Jesus and die and suffer for him for him to come in your life and help you understand instead of taking your life away and suffering that other way? I don't know what you are really going thru and I'm going thru stuff myself but I have thought it would be better that way. I know its like dam if you do, dam if you don't but it seems more better to suffer and die for Jesus to however live for the better half of him and it.

Upvote 0

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Hearing God in the Midst of Suicidal Thoughts
(Matthew Wireman)
"Had someone asked me why I was thinking about suicide, I would never be able to rationally explain my reasoning. It’s hard to admit that I thought life was so hard that I wanted to end it ---"

It can be dangerous to speak generally about depression and suicide, and I don’t want to give anyone the impression that such thoughts of self-harm are acceptable. While they are more common than we care to admit, we should not give in to the debilitating lie that death is better than life. This is true especially in light of our overly psychologized culture that too readily qualifies us as victim—and not also a perpetrator in our own mess.

No Easy Answers

Lest you think that I ascribe an overly simplistic approach to depression (by saying it’s all about decisions and doing), let me clarify that I offer an anecdotal account and do not mean to prescribe or denounce your experience. But for those going through such struggles, I hope you may find that much of my antidote—listening for the voice of God in Scripture—will speak to your own experience.

I am writing to you who feel like suicide shouldn’t even be entering your mind. After all, you have the mind of Christ, and such thoughts seem contradictory to his. You know you have been declared righteous—but you don’t care. You just want the world to stop. You want the blur of confusion and numbness to go away. If you could just cast yourself upon the rocks below, you think you would be able to enjoy bliss.

Let’s start with what we know to be clear in Scripture. You know that it is wrong to murder (Lk 18.20). You know that God will never leave you or forsake you (Heb 13.5). You know you have been brought out of darkness into his marvelous light (1Pet 2.9).

Yet you also know that the darkness seems to pull you in like a black hole. No matter how much you preach to yourself, the darkness doesn’t flee. You feel alone and forsaken. And you know you have murdered yourself a hundred times over in your heart.

God Meets Us in the Darkness
This is where the gospel meets us. The sadness you feel over your sin and the world is exactly how you should feel. The darkness surrounding you is real. No shiny, happy people holding hands here. Grief and disgust is entirely appropriate for our fallen world.

When I had suicidal thoughts in my Christian life I used to condemn myself for thinking such horrible things. I used to try to think of my “happy place.” But I have come to embrace the reality we live in: This fallen world is painful.

God invites you to embrace this sadness, for on the other side lies hope. It may only be a flickering flame, yet it pushes back the darkness. Hear your maker’s voice asking, “Where are you?” (Gen 3.9). And as your head is heavy with grief, you hear his voice again saying, “My soul is so sorrowful, even to death” (Matt 26.38). You hear him as he weeps and cries out in anguish. You feel the torment. You grieve. You feel helpless. And yet, you hear his voice again asking, “Why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” (Jn 20.15).

This is the beginning of the remedy. In the midst of your garden of sorrow, seek his face. Know that he was a man of sorrows, acquainted with grief (Isa 53.3). You are not alone or forsaken.

---- Matthew S. Wireman lives in Charlotte and serves Redemption Church of Charlotte. He earned his PhD from Southern Seminary in theology and patristics. He wants to be involved in training pastors and church planters both near and abroad. You can read more from him here. You can also follow him on Twitter.

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I do not know what suffering you are going through, but please know that your life is very precious to the Lord.

If you haven't you might read the book of Job. He suffered terribly, yet he continued to rely on the Lord ... and after his tremendous struggles he was blessed by the Lord ten times over.

It may not seem like it now, but whatever is going on can change for the better.

Are you seeking counseling? If not, it would be wise to do so.

Please go to prayer, cry out to the Lord and ask Him to heal your pain, change your circumstances and give Him some time to help you

1 Peter 5:6-7

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Isaiah 41:10

10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

May the Lord hold you close. Amen.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

God-made us and said we were good.

One of the 10 commandments is to not murder and suicide would be murder.

When we sin we should repent and the problem with suicide is it leaves us no time to repent.

Then there is the complicated issue of hospice.
Is it OK to be assisted with a faster death if one is suffering greatly?

We do not want to make a mistake regarding these important issues that could end us up in hell.

How long must one suffer? We will not be on Earth long compared to how long we will be in eternity.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Yennora

2022 UPDATE: I regret any UNBIBLICAL posts I made.
Dec 31, 2016
Sydney
✟58,103.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Suicide will not end your pain or relieve you, check this out: Suicide: Read This First

It is a quick read but meaningful! A friend of mine come through it before and it was helpful to her during times of stress. I'm glad she is alive today because she matters, even though we were not yet friends back in those times, now we are and now she is grateful she didn't commit suicide.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

We love you and we want to see you in heaven. Please don't commit suicide. I believe and pray that Jesus will save you from killing yourself. Please don't give up. Committing suicide is rejecting God's ownership on your life. He is the author of your life. It is only His right to give or take life. Don't take His right in your hands. It is rebellion against Him. It was His decision to give you life and you shall live until He takes it. If you do so, you will be utterly ashamed of yourself when He asks you for an account of your life on the day when you stand before the judgement of God. 2 Corinthians 5:10.

Upvote 0

ilovemoon

Jul 2, 2019
Semarang
✟15,678.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We love you and we want to see you in heaven. Please don't commit suicide. I believe and pray that Jesus will save you from killing yourself. Please don't give up. Committing suicide is rejecting God's ownership on your life. He is the author of your life. It is only His right to give or take life. Don't take His right in your hands. It is rebellion against Him. It was His decision to give you life and you shall live until He takes it. If you do so, you will be utterly ashamed of yourself when He asks you for an account of your life on the day when you stand before the judgement of God. 2 Corinthians 5:10.
thank you, i know killing myself is wrong. I'm crying now as i read all the reply. But I've been thinking end my life for a year and I know the pain will never go. My mom will come see me in few days, and I thought this is the right time to end my life, because I dont want anyone else to find me but my mom. Sometimes I wanna live and I remember God, but I keep feel the pain and everyday is hell for me.

Upvote 0

GospelS

A Daughter of Zion Seeking Her Father in Heaven!
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2017
She is The Land!
✟450,710.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
thank you, i know killing myself is wrong. I'm crying now as i read all the reply. But I've been thinking end my life for a year and I know the pain will never go. My mom will come see me in few days, and I thought this is the right time to end my life, because I dont want anyone else to find me but my mom. Sometimes I wanna live and I remember God, but I keep feel the pain and everyday is hell for me.

Please hold on dear. It is worth waiting. We need you here until we meet in heaven. We all love you so much. God can give you the strength to endure the pain. We will share your suffering and pain. We will cry with you also. It is never a right time to end your life. Only God's time is right when He takes our life. God remembers you too and He wants you to live. It might feel like hell but you don't want to go to another real hell forever. So please keep waiting. Your life will be renewed. God is already with you and working in your heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I have heard it said often that suicide is the most selfish thing that a person can do.
I have heard that too, but I disagree. In my experience, a person in a deep state of depression can lose the ability to even CONSIDER the repercussions of suicide on that person's loved ones. So it is a loss of perspective rather than selfishness. I came somewhat close to suicide once, and I lost track of time, I was unaware of the security person a few feet behind me ready to arrest me if I tried to jump (LOL), I had forgotten all about my friends and loved ones, I had even forgotten my beloved cat alone in my apartment. All I could think about at that moment was how beautiful and appropriate it seemed for me to commit suicide. Basically it is like being in a trance. I have read accounts of people who survived suicide and many of them were in a similar trance-like state.

So suicide is a result of mental illness. To call it selfish is not fair.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I hope you feel better somehow. Are you getting any kind of psychiatric help?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time.
Unfortunately, I can't find a suicide hotline in Indonesia, but I do encourage you to find psychiatric help.
And let me know if there's a way I can take some of your pain, even if just for a moment.

• Friendly
Reactions: Yennora
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
@ilovemoon , sometimes psychotherapy can be done through the internet, so you might consider that as an option. Also there may be something on the internet similar to a suicide hotline where you can talk to somebody in your native language about your problems.

Upvote 0