• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

What grieves the holy spirit?

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Goodbook, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Goodbook

Goodbook Reading the Bible

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Also bear in mind there are gifts which are given freely and then there are fruits which can take a bit of time to cultivate.

2. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    The holy spirit can be sad thats why its called grieving. its not a good thing to make Him sad or to be hurtful to others.

3. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    You can mock Jesus but you can't mock the holy spirit. The holy spirit is life itself, if you do that you have a death spirit in you or demon.
    Thats why Jesus said blaspheming the holy spirit is unforgiveable.

4. aus22

aus22 Newbie

+4
    Catholic
    Married
    The Holy Spirit is important for Catholic as we believe He guides the Church. But He also guides al believers.

5. smithed64

smithed64 To Die is gain, To Live is Christ Supporter

+272
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Constitution
    You might what to rethink this paragraph above. Makes no sense.
    Why would the Holy Spirit have intercessions, but not intercede them to God or Christ? I understand He doesn't speak of 'Himself'.
    Why would they be "unspeakable", it would defeat the Purpose of the Holy Spirit doing His job.
    He does speak, for us, when we can't.

You might want to research that a little. That isn't what Hebrews 4:12-16 says. I think you meant Romans 8:26-27...correct me if I am wrong. But it is the Holy Spirit that does according to His will.

Remember, The Holy Spirit is one of the trinity. He is not just the Holy Ghost, He is God also.

How do you know this?

Where does it say this please, Book, chapter verse please. Especially the prohibition part

Your right he intercedes for us, to the father, thru Christ.

This is a confusing paragraph. please clarify.

I agree the KJV is the main one I study with.

John 16:13 tells it like it is.
    He's the Spirit of truth
    He guides us unto all truth
    He never speaks of Himself
    He speaks of what He hears
    He shows us things to come.

There's no argument here.

Romans 8:26-27
    26.He assist us, who mutually bear the same load or carry it between us, burderns. He who prays, receives help from the Spirit of God; but he who prays not receives no such help.
    What ever our strength may be, we must put it forth, even while most implicitly depending on the strength of God himself.

Sometimes we don't know what we ought to pray. We are liable for many mistakes in our prayers, The Holy Spirit excites suitable desires and has the power to bring these desires, by prayer, before the throne of grace.

With groaning's which cannot be uttered.
    This could be translated like this: " The Spirit greatly aids or support us in those deep emotions, those intense feelings, those inward sighs, which cannot be expressed in language, but which he enables us to bear, and which are understood by Him that searcheth the hearts.

27. And he that searcheth the hearts. God. To search the heart is one of his attributes which cannot be communicated to a creature

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit. He does not need that those deep emotions should be expressed in words; he does not need the eloquence of language to induce him to hear; but he sees the anxious feelings of the sould, and ready to aid and to bless.

Maketh intercession for the saints. Aids and directs Chrisitans. According to God. It is according to his will in the following respects:
    1. The Spirit is given according to his will. It is his gracious purpose to grant his aid to all who truly love him.
    2. The desires which he excites in the heart of the Christian are those which are according to his will; they are such as God wishes to exist--the contrite, humble, and penitent pleading of sinners for mercy.
    3. He superintends and guard Christians in their prayers. That man is most safe who yields himself most entirely to the influence of the Holy Spirit.
    The doctrine here stated is one that is full of consolation to the Christian.
    We are poor, and needy, and ignorant, and blind; we are the creatures of a day, and are crushed before the moth. But in the midst of our feebleness, we may look to God for the aid of His Spirit, and rejoice in His presence and in His power to sustain us in our sighings, and to guide us in our wanderings'

I agree there are some modern bibles that are questionable.

Okay, where does it say that there will not be an outpouring of God's Spirit? in the latter days.

One, I didn't say anything about this. I gave a description of the Holy Ghost and used scripture to back it.

Also, when the Holy Ghost spoke with tongues during the day of Pentecost. He wasn't speaking of Himself. He was speaking of Christ, death and resurrection to those people around who couldn't understand the Apostles language at that time. Most spoke Aramaic or Hebrew, most likely both

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  6. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    the holy spirit can speak in all languages thats why the gift of tongues is given and we ourselves might not know what the holy spirit is saying in our natural mind but in our spiritual selves we are edified.

7. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    the holy spirit does not speak of himself but magnifies God. Whenever we speak in tongues we are magnifying the Lord.

8. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I know there seems to be a bit of confusion about the holy spirit on here.

But the holy spirit is not an entity on its own he is the spirit that is given to all believers in Jesus. The holy spirit will never say anything contrary to scripture. You need to test the spirits to see if they are of God.

9. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Many people might not have the gift of tongues or its latent because it is given as a sign to those who don't already believe in Jesus.

The way it operates is so we know something supernatural has occured. it is not our own selves talking, although we move our tongues. Kinda hard to explain but if you have it you'd know what I'm writing about. If you don't well, you can ask but don't worry too much if you do not. Also don't knock other people who have been given the gift that is NOT christian to think you above others.

10. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    We also cry 'abba' father if we have been adopted. So if we know God as our Father we will call Him that.

11. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    There will always be an outpouring of Gods spirit on anyone who repents and believes the gospel. That is why people get baptised!!! Its not as if God just poured it out in the first century AD and then stopped lol.

12. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,411
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Only being ignored.

13. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+7,411
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Nearly all hospitals, schools, and especially orphanages would be non-profit.
    The devotion to the best interests of the client does not change that much.
    Companies fail if they are not putting the clients or customers first. What
    changes is the income and pay structure of an organization.

Correction: About 18% are for-profit.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
  14. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I have worked in university that is for profit. The way they get income is from international students paying more for education.
    Private hospitals are for profit. The rich are willing to pay more for unnecesary cosmetic surgeries.

I dont know about orphanages I dont personally know any. I have heard some bad things about some though especially fostering with abuse that goes on. Some of them have high cases of sexual abuse and the children can even bully each other.

15. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Thry say they arent for proft but they make money and the money doesnt go to thw workers who do the work it kinda just goes to the top people and they spend it on luxuries for themselves....and the 'stakeholders' or the people that buy into the business hoping to make a dividend.

Thats why companies can get taken over by rich people who are not interested in the clients even but owning the business or company and making money from it.

16. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,321
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Preventing grieving > "Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault" (in Philippians 2:13-16).

17. com7fy8

com7fy8 Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,321
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Certainly, a unique understanding.

But the Holy Spirit does make intercession. To me, "unspeakable" can mean deeper than words, how love communicates.

18. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    I think tellastory is a bit confused, their post didnt make much sense to me..

Remmeber in the book of acts how some of the disciples hadnt heard of the holy spirit acting and they then got baptised in the name of jesus. I know its in There I can find the refrence if you like.

Also hebrews does say the spirit makes intercession for us as well. Not just Jesus. There are three in the Godhead or trinity ...father, son and holy spirit (or holy ghost in some translations)

19. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    The holy spirit is the helper. The other names people call the holy spirit include comforter, and i think in the greek or is it latin known as 'the paraclete'

The holy spirit dwells within all believers. Thats why Jesus said about the body being the temple of the holy spirit. We...our physical bodies. And collectively we as a church being christs body.

20. Goodbook

+5,065
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Actually it is groaning and sometimes crying. Sometimes the words dont come out and thats why they unspeakable but the holy spirit also gives us utterance. Its in the bible too and I can also find the reference.

I think maybe some posters need to read their bibles again. And ask God for wisdom.