Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The Holy Spirit intercedes for us INDIRECTLY because there is only One Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5 The Holy Spirt cannot utter His own intercessions. He has them, but He cannot give them to the Father and thus they are "unspeakable".

You might what to rethink this paragraph above. Makes no sense.
Why would the Holy Spirit have intercessions, but not intercede them to God or Christ? I understand He doesn't speak of 'Himself'.
Why would they be "unspeakable", it would defeat the Purpose of the Holy Spirit doing His job.
He does speak, for us, when we can't.

This is why Jesus Who searches our hearts, Hebrews 4:12-16, is the One that knows the mind of the Spirit because The Son is the One that intercedes in according to the will of God.

You might want to research that a little. That isn't what Hebrews 4:12-16 says. I think you meant Romans 8:26-27...correct me if I am wrong. But it is the Holy Spirit that does according to His will.

Remember, The Holy Spirit is one of the trinity. He is not just the Holy Ghost, He is God also.

Jesus gives our intercessions and the Spirit's intercessions to God the Father so that when He says "Yes" to any of those intercession, Jesus answers the prayer so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers: John 14:13-14

The Holy Spirit cannot speak for Himself or speak on His own accord. John 16:13

Anything He hears, that He speaks ( John 16:14-15 as the words of the Father are now the Son's in glorifying the Son in being our Good Shepherd guiding us through the Holy Spirit in us. )

So the Holy Spirit will not take God's actual gift of tongue to speak unto the people and turn it around as a form of prayer language for Himself to use in "praying" back to God.

How do you know this?

So the Holy Spirit does have intercessions, but He cannot utter His own intercessions or make them known to God the Father, because Jesus's job prohibits that from happening when the Father is glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

Where does it say this please, Book, chapter verse please. Especially the prohibition part

Your right he intercedes for us, to the father, thru Christ.

He intercedes for us "itself" as serving as a means for His intercessions to be made known by the Son knowing the mind of the Spirit's. He does not intercedes "Himself" because He can't do so by Himself. That is why "itself" was used in the KJV whereas in other parts of the KJV Bible, Him and He has been used in referring to the Holy Spirit. Itself was not used to mean a gender neutral when scripture refers to the Holy Spirit in most modern Bibles as a "He" or "Him

This is a confusing paragraph. please clarify.

Anyway, I hope the Lord will cause the increase as to why I felt it necessary to clarify how the Holy Spirit intercedes for us as it is written in His words as kept in the KJV which all modern Bibles have overlooked in its meaning since modern bibles version of John 16:13 is contrary and exposes their mistranslation of the actual meaning in Roman 8:26-27.

I agree the KJV is the main one I study with.

John 16:13 tells it like it is.
He's the Spirit of truth
He guides us unto all truth
He never speaks of Himself
He speaks of what He hears
He shows us things to come.

There's no argument here.

Romans 8:26-27
26.He assist us, who mutually bear the same load or carry it between us, burderns. He who prays, receives help from the Spirit of God; but he who prays not receives no such help.
What ever our strength may be, we must put it forth, even while most implicitly depending on the strength of God himself.

Sometimes we don't know what we ought to pray. We are liable for many mistakes in our prayers, The Holy Spirit excites suitable desires and has the power to bring these desires, by prayer, before the throne of grace.

With groaning's which cannot be uttered.
This could be translated like this: " The Spirit greatly aids or support us in those deep emotions, those intense feelings, those inward sighs, which cannot be expressed in language, but which he enables us to bear, and which are understood by Him that searcheth the hearts.

27. And he that searcheth the hearts. God. To search the heart is one of his attributes which cannot be communicated to a creature

Jer 17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit. He does not need that those deep emotions should be expressed in words; he does not need the eloquence of language to induce him to hear; but he sees the anxious feelings of the sould, and ready to aid and to bless.

Maketh intercession for the saints. Aids and directs Chrisitans. According to God. It is according to his will in the following respects:
1. The Spirit is given according to his will. It is his gracious purpose to grant his aid to all who truly love him.
2. The desires which he excites in the heart of the Christian are those which are according to his will; they are such as God wishes to exist--the contrite, humble, and penitent pleading of sinners for mercy.
3. He superintends and guard Christians in their prayers. That man is most safe who yields himself most entirely to the influence of the Holy Spirit.
The doctrine here stated is one that is full of consolation to the Christian.
We are poor, and needy, and ignorant, and blind; we are the creatures of a day, and are crushed before the moth. But in the midst of our feebleness, we may look to God for the aid of His Spirit, and rejoice in His presence and in His power to sustain us in our sighings, and to guide us in our wanderings'

The truths in the scripture all lines up in the KJV in defense of the faith in these latter days; modern Bibles cannot make that claim, but only

I agree there are some modern bibles that are questionable.

Jesus can help you see the truth in His words to see which Bible is in line with the faith in exposing apostasy in these latter days where they would preach another receiving of the Holy Spirit with evidence of tongues and try to justify using tongues as a form of prayer language citing modern Bible versions of Romans 8:26-27 when their John 16:13 says the Holy Spirit cannot use God's gift of tongues in that way, and therefore that tongue is not of Him nor is this other calling to receive the Holy Spirit "again".

Okay, where does it say that there will not be an outpouring of God's Spirit? in the latter days.

One, I didn't say anything about this. I gave a description of the Holy Ghost and used scripture to back it.

Also, when the Holy Ghost spoke with tongues during the day of Pentecost. He wasn't speaking of Himself. He was speaking of Christ, death and resurrection to those people around who couldn't understand the Apostles language at that time. Most spoke Aramaic or Hebrew, most likely both

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know there seems to be a bit of confusion about the holy spirit on here.

But the holy spirit is not an entity on its own he is the spirit that is given to all believers in Jesus. The holy spirit will never say anything contrary to scripture. You need to test the spirits to see if they are of God.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Many people might not have the gift of tongues or its latent because it is given as a sign to those who don't already believe in Jesus.

The way it operates is so we know something supernatural has occured. it is not our own selves talking, although we move our tongues. Kinda hard to explain but if you have it you'd know what I'm writing about. If you don't well, you can ask but don't worry too much if you do not. Also don't knock other people who have been given the gift that is NOT christian to think you above others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right, and most (that I've ever seen or heard of) orphanages and schools are for profit (not concerned with anyone's best interests/ health/ well-being except as the money calls for it). Again, with the few living exceptions when there are any.

Nearly all hospitals, schools, and especially orphanages would be non-profit.
The devotion to the best interests of the client does not change that much.
Companies fail if they are not putting the clients or customers first. What
changes is the income and pay structure of an organization.

Correction: About 18% are for-profit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have worked in university that is for profit. The way they get income is from international students paying more for education.
Private hospitals are for profit. The rich are willing to pay more for unnecesary cosmetic surgeries.

I dont know about orphanages I dont personally know any. I have heard some bad things about some though especially fostering with abuse that goes on. Some of them have high cases of sexual abuse and the children can even bully each other.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thry say they arent for proft but they make money and the money doesnt go to thw workers who do the work it kinda just goes to the top people and they spend it on luxuries for themselves....and the 'stakeholders' or the people that buy into the business hoping to make a dividend.

Thats why companies can get taken over by rich people who are not interested in the clients even but owning the business or company and making money from it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Holy Spirit intercedes for us INDIRECTLY because there is only One Mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5 The Holy Spirt cannot utter His own intercessions. He has them, but He cannot give them to the Father and thus they are "unspeakable".
Certainly, a unique understanding.

But the Holy Spirit does make intercession. To me, "unspeakable" can mean deeper than words, how love communicates.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think tellastory is a bit confused, their post didnt make much sense to me..

Remmeber in the book of acts how some of the disciples hadnt heard of the holy spirit acting and they then got baptised in the name of jesus. I know its in There I can find the refrence if you like.

Also hebrews does say the spirit makes intercession for us as well. Not just Jesus. There are three in the Godhead or trinity ...father, son and holy spirit (or holy ghost in some translations)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The holy spirit is the helper. The other names people call the holy spirit include comforter, and i think in the greek or is it latin known as 'the paraclete'

The holy spirit dwells within all believers. Thats why Jesus said about the body being the temple of the holy spirit. We...our physical bodies. And collectively we as a church being christs body.

• Winner
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Certainly, a unique understanding.

But the Holy Spirit does make intercession. To me, "unspeakable" can mean deeper than words, how love communicates.
Actually it is groaning and sometimes crying. Sometimes the words dont come out and thats why they unspeakable but the holy spirit also gives us utterance. Its in the bible too and I can also find the reference.

I think maybe some posters need to read their bibles again. And ask God for wisdom.

Upvote 0