Massachusetts
✟583,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What gives them the right to tell a person how they should live there life, who they should love, how they should worship.
Jesus says to love any and all people. So, a conservative Christian will not tell you who to love. But > Jesus says >

"For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" This is in Matthew 5:46.

So, we do warn you not to pick and choose who you love. Ones have a way of loving only the ones they can use for what they want. This selfish way of selective loving is not Biblical. There are ones who isolate with only certain people, and claim they love them; this is not how Jesus says to love.

There are ones who stay in groups mainly with others who have the same preferences for pleasure. Their treasure is pleasure, not really God's way of loving, then!! So, if you care about people like this, you will tell them how they are wrong, for their own good.

It is wrong to discriminate against wrong people by telling them they do not need the forgiveness which comes with the shed blood of Christ. But we see now in the United States, how certain wrong people are being told they do not need Christ's forgiveness; this is a hate crime, in the sight of God, to so discriminate against certain people. And ones are trying to legally force conservatives to stop telling certain wrong people that they need forgiveness of Jesus on the cross; and at the same time they are accusing conservatives of being the ones forcing people and discriminating.

But, of course, there are people claiming to be conservative who have not shown their children how to relate in a close relationship, such as marriage. And so, their children discover how their parents' ways do not satisfy them in love; and so they go hunting elsewhere, and end up with peers who likewise have not found out how to love. And they isolate and inbreed in seeking pleasure, in their desperation to feel something nice. And with this comes plenty of wrong ways of doing things, and deep breakdown emotionally > in their weakness for pleasure they are also weak for suffering deep pain and emotional chaos. And so they are a product of certain ones claiming to be conservative, but who do not have the character of Jesus and how He has us loving with "rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29)

Therefore, it is Biblical to warn you against what God knows is wrong. But it is not Biblical to force this on people. But be an example of how Jesus gives us "rest for your souls" while we do what is truly right. And point out how there is "Destruction and misery" (Romans 3:16) in their wrong ways, because of the weakness of the wrong spirit of wrong things. But Jesus gives us strength with creativity for how to love any and all people.

Laws and force can not bring what is really good; nor can blaming church culture Sunday-only copy-cats. But we know how prayer with example and sharing God's word does work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus says to love any and all people. So, a conservative Christian will not tell you who to love. But > Jesus says >

"For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?" This is in Matthew 5:46.

So, we do warn you not to pick and choose who you love. Ones have a way of loving only the ones they can use for what they want. This selfish way of selective loving is not Biblical. There are ones who isolate with only certain people, and claim they love them; this is not how Jesus says to love.

There are ones who stay in groups mainly with others who have the same preferences for pleasure. Their treasure is pleasure, not really God's way of loving, then!! So, if you care about people like this, you will tell them how they are wrong, for their own good.

It is wrong to discriminate against wrong people by telling them they do not need the forgiveness which comes with the shed blood of Christ. But we see now in the United States, how certain wrong people are being told they do not need Christ's forgiveness; this is a hate crime, in the sight of God, to so discriminate against certain people. And ones are trying to legally force conservatives to stop telling certain wrong people that they need forgiveness of Jesus on the cross; and at the same time they accusing conservatives of being the ones forcing people and discriminating.

But, of course, there are people claiming to be conservative who have not shown their children how to relate in a close relationship, such as marriage. And so, their children discover how their parents' ways do not satisfy them in love; and so they go hunting elsewhere, and end up with peers who likewise have not found out how to love. And they isolate and inbreed in seeking pleasure, in their desperation to feel something nice. And with this comes plenty of wrong ways of doing things, and deep breakdown emotionally > in their weakness for pleasure they are also weak for suffering deep pain and emotional chaos. And so they are a product of certain ones claiming to be conservative, but who do not have the character of Jesus and how He has us loving with "rest for your souls." (Matthew 11:29)

Therefore, it is Biblical to warn you against what God knows is wrong. But it is not Biblical to force this on people. But be an example of how Jesus gives us "rest for your souls" while we do what is truly right. And point out how there is "Destruction and misery" (Romans 3:16) in their wrong ways, because of the weakness of the wrong spirit of wrong things. But Jesus gives us strength with creativity for how to love any and all people.

Laws and force can not make this happen, but we know how prayer with example and sharing God's word does work.
Thank you

• Friendly
Reactions: com7fy8
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What gives the government the right to force it's laws on it's citizens with the threat of a gun to the head of anyone who disobeys it's laws?

If we accept this premise that the government in order to maintain order must use violence when necessary, even at the cost of lives, property and honour. It's not too far a step in suggesting a conservative Christian state which prizes Christianity more than it does above the freedom of it's citizenry or subjects.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What gives the government the right to force it's laws on it's citizens with the threat of a gun to the head of anyone who disobeys it's laws?

If we accept this premise that the government in order to maintain order must use violence when necessary, even at the cost of lives, property and honour. It's not too far a step in suggesting....

When did government violence, let alone any group of our people advocating it, enter into this thread? It wasn't part of the Original Post.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,330.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then there are moral ones, and again many laws made are made over religious beliefs. What is religiously wrong for you may not be for another.
If a moral is Biblical . . . God's way . . . it is right to make it a law. This is partly so wrong morals do not become the norm and then many people become degraded because of it.

And yes if something is right, this world has plenty of ways to try to make it look bad.

There are wrong ones who will just scream that you hate them. This is what children can do, when Mom or Dad stands up to a wrong child. But saying a right person hates you does not mean the right person is wrong. We need right morals for our own good . . . so we ourselves do not do what is wrong and so our children know right from wrong.

But yes Satan's kingdom can have false Christians going around pushing correct morals but in a bad way, so that what is good is made to look bad.

This is how counterfeiting can work > fake what is good so it looks bad to people.

And maybe you have noted how ones against Christianity will point at counterfeits, and use those counterfeits as their reason for rejecting Biblical Christianity. So, it is wise to know God's word so you know what is really right, plus His reasons for having the morals which we find taught in His word.

For example, if you know Romans 1:18-32, this can help you to understand why certain things are wrong, and not for the wrong person's own good. But you can see how wrong people can so get themselves hurt, but be in denial blaming others, including counterfeits. People in wrong stuff can have a very clever way of connecting with others who hurt them or help them stay in what degrades them . . . while avoiding the ones who genuinely love them and could help them get with God and real loving, instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
When did government violence, let alone any group of our people advocating it, enter into this thread? It wasn't part of the Original Post.
What are we talking about except the imposition of 'conservative Christian' values on others?

If the Idea is to speak about Christians conservatives on a grand scale somehow forcing their values on people without that aid then the OP's claim is laughable. Conservative Christians don't have the cultural vitality or institutional power to even consider this as an option. At most conservative Christians can raise their children conservative and perhaps the OP hates this idea the most.

Hence why I brought up government force as a thing we all accept and condone. We're okay with the government using violence to enforce it's will. Why then should anyone be especially hesitant of Christians enforcing their will on others? Unless they're non-Christian.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Yes, you're right! I'm not Gandalf!
Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,125,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What gives conservative Christians the right to try and force the religious and moral believes onto another. What gives them the right to tell a person how they should live there life, who they should love, how they should worship. I am not trying flame or pick a fight but it bugs me. Funny enough I do believe alot of the stuff conservatives believe but were I differ is I believe that my beliefs are just that mine, I do not believe I have the right to enforce my views onto another. Please do not say they do not, cause all you have to do is use google and you can find millions of articles and videos from people claiming (note I said claiming ) to be Christian and arguing that there views are more important than everyone else. People who are not Christian are appalled at the bigotry, judgmental, near racist, condescending views that many Christians seem to have. People are leaving the church cause there being forced to chose between god, or their church and there gay children. Kudos to Abraham but most parents would not be willing to sacrifice there child to god, well at least people who were not raised in the bronze age. I am sorry if I am sounding sarcastic but it is an issue. More and more people are looking at all organized religions as lunatics. Jesus was about love, forgiveness, helping those in need, turning the other cheek, I see very little of that in Christians today. Now this is debating and discussing I am not trying to flame but I need to understand.

In looking at what you've said, I think the key word and focal point here is "force." If this is the case, it's pretty much a no-brainer that according to the New Testament itself, Christians of any political stripe don't have the right to force their views of faith upon non-believers.

However, this isn't to say that being a Christian means, biblically, that we're necessarily supposed to live our lives with clamped mouths. So, as long as that's understood, I don't have a huge problem with not having a personal right to force non-believers to agree with me.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What are we talking about except the imposition of 'conservative Christian' values on others?
It was the conversion of that idea into support for violence on the part of the government that I was asking about. See here:

If we accept this premise that the government in order to maintain order must use violence when necessary....

I think he was not referring to violent enforcement so much as them allegedly preaching to other people about what they should do, pressuring them to conform, and working to pass laws, etc.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟287,816.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It was the conversion of that idea into support for violence on the part of the government that I was asking about. See here:

The thing is, we all accept this. Governments must use force in the end to back their laws. If we don't and jail is not an option in the apprehending of a violator of the law, the person is essentially free to do as they wish.

I think he was not referring to violent enforcement so much as them allegedly preaching to other people about what they should do, pressuring them to conform, and working to pass laws, etc.

If the latter is involved then I think my statement was relevant. Though only tangentially so. I'll admit I didn't read the OP fully. Still my premise holds. If the OP hates the Idea of Christians forcing their beliefs on others, why is he okay with the secular system of laws which forces it's beliefs and standards on everyone?

That's more of a question for the OP. Who I can see agrees with most things progressive and woke.

Upvote 0

LightLoveHope

Jesus leads us to life
Oct 6, 2018
London
✟79,581.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What gives conservative Christians the right to try and force the religious and moral believes onto another. What gives them the right to tell a person how they should live there life, who they should love, how they should worship. I am not trying flame or pick a fight but it bugs me. Funny enough I do believe alot of the stuff conservatives believe but were I differ is I believe that my beliefs are just that mine, I do not believe I have the right to enforce my views onto another. Please do not say they do not, cause all you have to do is use google and you can find millions of articles and videos from people claiming (note I said claiming ) to be Christian and arguing that there views are more important than everyone else. People who are not Christian are appalled at the bigotry, judgmental, near racist, condescending views that many Christians seem to have. People are leaving the church cause there being forced to chose between god, or their church and there gay children. Kudos to Abraham but most parents would not be willing to sacrifice there child to god, well at least people who were not raised in the bronze age. I am sorry if I am sounding sarcastic but it is an issue. More and more people are looking at all organized religions as lunatics. Jesus was about love, forgiveness, helping those in need, turning the other cheek, I see very little of that in Christians today. Now this is debating and discussing I am not trying to flame but I need to understand.

This is an interesting question. How do you address the gay issue yourself and where we lie in terms of scripture?

One of the dilemmas of the modern world is we are just discovering what happens when people can blow their minds on drugs, inappropriate contentography and hedonism is any form they like. And it is not pretty or sane.

I have a relative who is gay, who got married, who lived with another guy, who now has married someone else, and my relative now has a new partner. To me the idea of marriage is actually about family and kids, and the rest is an immitation.

I do not deny people have a great deal of variation of experiences in their relationships, but family is the central unit of our society, and we need to encourage and defend it as best we can. If society has a future, that is where it is. I would suggest the principles behind Gods laws are survival and faithfulness, honouring the deep bonding between people unto death. I do not want to impose these ideas on people, but rather invite them to honour our frailty and our need to walk in honour to one another.

God bless you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The thing is, we all accept this. Governments must use force in the end to back their laws. If we don't and jail is not an option in the apprehending of a violator of the law, the person is essentially free to do as they wish.
You're talking about the possibility of any group's demands being made law and then enforced and then enforced by "violence." I don't believe that this was the OP question to us.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.