Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What gives conservative Christians the right to try and force the religious and moral believes onto another. What gives them the right to tell a person how they should live there life, who they should love, how they should worship. I am not trying flame or pick a fight but it bugs me. Funny enough I do believe alot of the stuff conservatives believe but were I differ is I believe that my beliefs are just that mine, I do not believe I have the right to enforce my views onto another. Please do not say they do not, cause all you have to do is use google and you can find millions of articles and videos from people claiming (note I said claiming ) to be Christian and arguing that there views are more important than everyone else. People who are not Christian are appalled at the bigotry, judgmental, near racist, condescending views that many Christians seem to have. People are leaving the church cause there being forced to chose between god, or their church and there gay children. Kudos to Abraham but most parents would not be willing to sacrifice there child to god, well at least people who were not raised in the bronze age. I am sorry if I am sounding sarcastic but it is an issue. More and more people are looking at all organized religions as lunatics. Jesus was about love, forgiveness, helping those in need, turning the other cheek, I see very little of that in Christians today. Now this is debating and discussing I am not trying to flame but I need to understand.

Last edited:

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
lol probably the conviction that they are the right side of an issue, the right side of history etc. Kind of like all the liberals that are always trying to get us to change our behavior in regards to climate change, eating meat, gender fluid nonsense etc. only that God is involved because their are some outstanding issues like abortion etc. that warrant those kind of beliefs.

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
lol probably the conviction that they are the right side of an issue, the right side of history etc. Kind of like all the liberals that are always trying to get us to change our behavior in regards to climate change, eating meat, gender fluid nonsense etc. only that God is involved because their are some outstanding issues like abortion etc. that warrant those kind of beliefs.

Right side of history, not so sure of that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What gives conservative Christians the right to try and force the religious and moral believes onto another. What gives them the right to tell a person how they should live there live, who they should love, how they should worship. I am not trying flame or pick a fight but it bugs me. Funny enough I do believe alot of the stuff conservatives believes were I differ is I believe that my beliefs are just that mine, I do not believe I have the right to enforce my views onto another. Please do not say they do not, cause all you have to do is use google and you can find millions of articles and videos from people claiming (note I said claiming ) to be Christian and arguing that there views are more important than everyone else. People who are not Christian are appalled at the bigotry, judgmental, near racist, condescending views that many Christians seem to have. People are leaving the church cause there being forced to chose between god, or their church and there gay children. Kudos to Abraham but most parents would not be willing to sacrifice there child to god, well at least people who were not raised in the bronze age. I am sorry if I am sounding sarcastic but it is an issue. More and more people are looking at all organized religions as lunatics. Jesus was about love, forgiveness, helping those in need, turning the other cheek, I see very little of that in Christians today. Now this debating and discussing I am not trying to flame but I need to understand.
The hypocrisy in this post is staggering.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I kind of think that people like that are flat earthers, no matter what evidence is shown they will not believe.

lol now what was that you said about now wanting to Flame....

I think it is easy to make a case on abortion if you are willing to look at any of the evidence coming out in the last decade or so that shows that fetuses respond to stimuli etc. that shoots down the "mindless tissue" arguments/assumptions, when you see videos of fetuses trying to swim away from the vaccum cleaner thing abortionists use etc.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Why is your "signature" “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.”? It is in contradiction to your post.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I think it is easy to make a case on abortion if you are willing to look at any of the evidence coming out in the last decade or so that shows that fetuses respond to stimuli etc. that shoots down the "mindless tissue" arguments/assumptions, when you see videos of fetuses trying to swim away from the vaccum cleaner thing abortionists use etc.

Aside from this having nothing to do with the thread's subject...

Your understanding of abortion is simply not true. It is a valid medical procedure that is decided upon by a woman and her physician and/or midwife. Your emotion-laden "mindless tissue" and "vaccum [sic] cleaner thing" statements contribute nothing to the discussion of that topic (which is discussed in other threads).

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yeah I notice and I corrected it

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What gives conservative Christians the right to try and force the religious and moral believes onto another. What gives them the right to tell a person how they should live there life, who they should love, how they should worship. I am not trying flame or pick a fight but it bugs me. Funny enough I do believe alot of the stuff conservatives believe but were I differ is I believe that my beliefs are just that mine, I do not believe I have the right to enforce my views onto another. Please do not say they do not, cause all you have to do is use google and you can find millions of articles and videos from people claiming (note I said claiming ) to be Christian and arguing that there views are more important than everyone else. People who are not Christian are appalled at the bigotry, judgmental, near racist, condescending views that many Christians seem to have. People are leaving the church cause there being forced to chose between god, or their church and there gay children. Kudos to Abraham but most parents would not be willing to sacrifice there child to god, well at least people who were not raised in the bronze age. I am sorry if I am sounding sarcastic but it is an issue. More and more people are looking at all organized religions as lunatics. Jesus was about love, forgiveness, helping those in need, turning the other cheek, I see very little of that in Christians today. Now this is debating and discussing I am not trying to flame but I need to understand.
The question is, what is the definition of a conservative. It used to be a person who holds to" traditional values". Now add to that label , "Christian conservative ", this group can not be defined with confidence . Our Lord , Jesus Christ of Nazareth made it clear that we render unto the government separately from rendering unto God. That which is God's is not of this world. Christian conservatism is an oxymoron. Its cornerstone is of this world. It does not represent the Kingdom nor does it build that Kingdom with Christ as the Chief Cornerstone. One must choose the Cornerstone in which to build their faith. Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
What gives conservative Christians the right to try and force the religious and moral believes onto another. What gives them the right to tell a person how they should live there life, who they should love, how they should worship. I am not trying flame or pick a fight but it bugs me.
It sounds like an attempt to pick a fight.

But let's go with it anyway. You ask what right Christians have "to tell a person how they should live there [sic] life."

For one thing, in a free country, there is freedom to state one's beliefs about what is thought to be moral, just, beneficial, and so forth.

For another, almost every political or philosophical faction DOES IT. The atheists, freethinkers, Buddhists, everyone. So why single out Christians for your criticism????

And finally, what "telling" do you object to SPECIFICALLY? Do appeals for peace instead of war, for justice to prevail in criminal matters, and/or against such practices as the international traffic in sex slaves seem oppressive or dictatorial to you? If so, why?

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is not a discussion on abortion but if your gonna speak lets be accurate. Vacuum aspiration is used in the first 12 weeks (first trimester) of pregnancy. I know what video you are talking and a simple fact the fetus does not recognize things like pain or suffering or even consciousness till about 28 weeks give or take, that part of the brain does not form till then. Yeah the video is horrifying in itself until you take the time to learn the actual facts. Now this is not a discussion about abortion I am not supporting abortion so stay on topic

• Winner
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
TThat which is God's is not of this world. Christian conservatism is an oxymoron. Its cornerstone is of this world. It does not represent the Kingdom nor does it build that Kingdom with Christ as the Chief Cornerstone. One must choose the Cornerstone in which to build their faith. Be blessed.
Conservatism, properly understood, is the political "ism" that DOES make the religious heritage of our culture--and not just an adherence to it but, rather, the value of it--a part of its belief system. Classical Liberalism does not. Marxism obviously does not. No other such ism does.

What's more, virtually every political cause that comes up in political debates involves the values that our culture has championed, the same ones that Conservatism has tried to preserve--ending slavery, preserving free speech, opposition to racism, the right of a person to keep what he has earned honestly, and so on.

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What gives conservative Christians the right to try and force the religious and moral believes onto another.
In case something is wrong, we have the right to say so.

Because God expects us to teach our children right from wrong, so they do not get in trouble with God and get themselves hurt because of doing what is wrong.

Also, we need to know what is wrong so we ourselves don't do it.

And if something really is wrong in the sight of God, it is right to make laws against it.

And yes there are wrong things which should be illegal. For example, pretty much anyone understands that murder is wrong; so it is not hard to get most people to accept laws against murder.

So, you might need to be more specific, since it is not wrong to make a law against what is wrong, right?? Making right laws is not forcing yourself on others; but it is honoring God. So, then, I would think you already know this; so what are you concerned about? Plus, do you have Biblical support for what you are concerned about??

Reactions: Palmfever
Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For another, almost every political or philosophical faction DOES IT. The atheists, freethinkers, Buddhists, everyone. So why single out Christians for your criticism????
Sorry I know plenty of Buddhist I have never seen one try and force there beliefs on another. As for Atheist and Homosexuals yeah they attack christians in media, for years Christians attacked them many times physically and go back a few hundred years you could be killed.

And finally, what "telling" do you object to SPECIFICALLY? Do appeals for peace instead of war, for justice to prevail in criminal matters, and/or against such practices as the international traffic in sex slaves seem oppressive or dictatorial to you? If so, why?

Okay the horrible treatment of gays by Christians, the bad treatment of Muslims by christians, google it. Christians telling gays they can not marry or adopt. There are other topics but to speak of them would get you banned here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This is not a discussion on abortion but if your gonna speak lets be accurate. Vacuum aspiration is used in the first 12 weeks (first trimester) of pregnancy. I know what video you are talking and a simple fact the fetus does not recognize things like pain or suffering or even consciousness till about 28 weeks give or take, that part of the brain does not form till then. Yeah the video is horrifying in itself until you take the time to learn the actual facts. Now this is not a discussion about abortion I am not supporting abortion so stay on topic

Um but this is actually is on topic concerning the rhetorical question "What gives Conservatives the right?" this is the big motivator. Especially for the folks that believe that the nation will "come under God's judgement" etc. they see the millions of babies killed as being a moral reason that will make them overlook some of the rough mannerisms of Trump over more gentlemanly candidates that have less backbone like Jeb Bush and McCain. That and the issue of putting conservatives on the Court, but even with that issue overturning Roe v. Wade is the biggest motivator and is so because of the previous reasons.

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In case something is wrong, we have the right to say so.

Because God expects us to teach our children right from wrong, so they do not get in trouble with God and get themselves hurt because of doing what is wrong.

Also, we need to know what is wrong so we ourselves don't do it.

And if something really is wrong in the sight of God, it is right to make laws against it.

And yes there are wrong things which should be illegal. For example, pretty much anyone understands that murder is wrong; so it is not hard to get most people to accept laws against murder.

So, you might need to be more specific, since it is not wrong to make a law against what is wrong, right?? Making right laws is not forcing yourself on others; but it is honoring God. So, then, I would think you already know this; so what are you concerned about? Plus, do you have Biblical support for what you are concerned about??
There are laws that every culture has, do not steal or kill

Then there are moral ones, and again many laws made are made over religious beliefs. What is religiously wrong for you may not be for another.

I am not sure I asked the question right I am just trying to understand it

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sorry I know plenty of Buddhist I have never seen one try and force there beliefs on another.
Then you haven't been properly observant. But don't try to evade the issue with that comment. Let's just leave the word Buddhists out of my post, so you can speak to the rest of what I wrote.

All that this response of yours does is try to shift the focus to something that was not one of my points. Does that mean you agree with me on them?

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Um but this is actually is on topic concerning the rhetorical question "What gives Conservatives the right?" this is the big motivator. Especially for the folks that believe that the nation will "come under God's judgement" etc. they see the millions of babies killed as being a moral reason that will make them overlook some of the rough mannerisms of Trump over more gentlemanly candidates that have less backbone like Jeb Bush and McCain. That and the issue of putting conservatives on the Court, but even with that issue overturning Roe v. Wade is the biggest motivator and is so because of the previous reasons.
The thing is for me to respond to you is to risk being banned. You can argue your view but I am limited what I can argue. I hate to break this to you most woman do not have abortions for willy nilly reasons, and it is normally done in the first few months. Personally I believe it to be wrong unless there is medical reason. I think my brother mentioned it but our mom had cancer and got pregnant she chose to have an abortion about 11 weeks in because the fetus would not survive chemo. I would argue if you want to stop abortions other than for serious medical reasons it would better to teach sex education and contraception. The countries in the world with the strictest abortion laws have the most abortions. The ones the teach sex education and contraception have the least. Now if the goal is to stop abortion and save lives which I believe to be a good idea you would think that christian would support the idea that has the most success. NOW JUST TO BE CLEAR WITH STAFF I DO NOT CONDONE OR SUPPORT ABORTION Mr. Pavel Mosko put it in the topic you can delete the topic if you want

Upvote 0

Yoko.52

Dec 4, 2020
Chicago
✟9,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then you haven't been properly observant. But don't try to evade the issue with that comment. Let's just leave the word Buddhists out of my post, so you can speak to the rest of what I wrote.

All that this response of yours does is try to shift the focus to something that was not one of my points. Does that mean you agree with me on them?
On some of them yes. Muslims do it and so do Atheist. I change the topic title

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.