• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What Forgiveness Looks Like To You

Lightbearer3

Veteran
Apr 21, 2007
✟17,630.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If anyone knows about abuse it is Joyce M.

Balance is important...to forgive an abuser doesn't mean we should have to live with them to be subjected to more of it, or seeing them everyday to be reminded of it. It is God's love and grace that enables us to forgive those who have severely abused us or our children.

We are a work in progress, sometimes that takes awhile. Some people don't get "instant" deliverence" from their wounds.

The more we strive to be closer to God the less unforgiveness will reign in our hearts.

Where to begin? Make a confession with your mouth that you "will to forgive in your heart" and ask God to help you forgive them. Forgiveness is not a feeling. It is a decision. Keep praying and seeking God the "feeling" will catch up with your "decision" to forgive.

Doing what's right doesn't always "feel" good; sometimes there is only numbness, no feeling. But when we make a decision to come into agreement with God about forgiveness that's when you've made a step in the right direction. Just take it to God with all your emotion, bear your heart and soul to Him. Pour it all out, how you feel, everything. Then ask Him to help you to forgive, tell Him you don't want unforgiveness to be in your heart and it is your will to forgive.

Your tears and prayers are stored in vials and come up before the Lord as a sweet smelling savour. He hears you and knows you.

Upvote 0

Surviving

Veteran
Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
✟10,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I love Joyce Meyer and I think that she has alot of great things to say ln this subject.

Forgiveness is very hard, but I believe that it does happen...eventually. I haven't forgiven my abuser, and I am a long way off from doing it. I'm still trying to forgive my parents for not stopping it or being there. It's a long process, but you will get there.

Upvote 0