Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Covenants are promisses we should be able to reference as truths.
What is the biblical truths we can present about the Old Covenant?

When someone cannot identify the covenants or the covenant that they're under, they may not understand exactly what God requires of them.

Let's present dialog and reference scriptures to identify the Old Covenant.

Reactions: VictorC

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Covenants are promisses we should be able to reference as truths.
What is the biblical truths we can present about the Old Covenant?

When someone cannot identify the covenants or the covenant that they're under, they may not understand exactly what God requires of them.

Let's present dialog and reference scriptures to identify the Old Covenant.
How could it be any plainer for our fiends who reject these word of Moses -

13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

How could it be any plainer for the pronoun you to be misunderstood after reading -

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Next I can not understand how 1 could miss what applies after reading -

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

especially after reading the quoted words of Jesus at the last supper and reading the historical record of Acts.

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
This should be an interesting thread if you can get anyone to participate that will even attempt to spell out for us what they think it is instead of making it akin to a game of twister with us waiting for the maze to be made for us to try and navigate through.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This should be an interesting thread if you can get anyone to participate that will even attempt to spell out for us what they think it is instead of making it akin to a game of twister with us waiting for the maze to be made for us to try and navigate through.
Ah puzzles, mazes and riddles are all fun.;) NTL I will at least follow with interest.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They brag about the ten commandments being written with the finger of God.
They brag that only the law was in the ark of the covenant.
Then they argue that the law is not the covenant.
Here is a thread for them to answer straightforward questions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They brag about the ten commandments being written with the finger of God.
They brag that only the law was in the ark of the covenant.
Then they argue that the law is not the covenant.
Here is a thread for them to answer straightforward questions.
They can not and will. If they did their arguments would not stand, as if they do. They can not admit the truth. They say 1 thing and do another. It is impossible for them to be consistent.

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

just trying to understand
Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
How could it be any plainer for our fiends who reject these word of Moses -

13 And he declared unto you his covenant, which he commanded you to perform, even ten commandments; and he wrote them upon two tables of stone.

How could it be any plainer for the pronoun you to be misunderstood after reading -

5 And Moses called all Israel, and said unto them, Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your ears this day, that ye may learn them, and keep, and do them.

2 The Lord our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

Next I can not understand how 1 could miss what applies after reading -

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

especially after reading the quoted words of Jesus at the last supper and reading the historical record of Acts.

what law is God going to write in "their" hearts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
Not the Old Covenant that you fail you identify.
I have yet to see an honest argument as to how the Sabbath command is to be written on hearts and why for the most part the only reason some Christians even keep an honest Sabbath is that they had to either be told about it or read about keeping it. I could probably equate Christians without access to a Bible that would keep most of the 10 commandments without knowing them at all but none of them would think about the Sabbath Day.

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to Jeremiah is not the covenant they broke issued at Sinai. Remember it says very clearly the covenant God made. Does this leave you guessing?

no it doesn't, giving that the word "covenant" and "law" have different meanings!

or do we suspend etymology for the sake of argument?

again, what law will be written in the heart?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
no it doesn't, giving that the word "covenant" and "law" have different meanings!

You are funny. You should tell that to a HOA. They will take you to court for a violation and win.

We do suspend your etymology.

Reactions: Sophrosyne
Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are funny. You should tell that to a HOA. They will take you to court for a violation and win.

We do suspend your etymology.

but none of you will answer my question and that's a fact!

I've been asking this one for years and none of your ilk will answer it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian

If one has any sense, no complex laws could be written on hearts which pretty much disposes of the Sabbath of such "writing".

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If one has any sense, no complex laws could be written on hearts which pretty much disposes of the Sabbath of such "writing".

I don't see an answer to my question in all that rhetoric you just spewed!

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
I don't see an answer to my question in all that rhetoric you just spewed!

easy.. love your neighbor as it is the only law written in the new testament that fulfills ALL of the Law according to several authors of the new testament Including Jesus, John, and James. There is no need for any other law to be written there as in love one won't desire to murder your brother or steal from him or sleep with his wife or encourage his kids to turn against him or whatever. I'm sure you have had the scriptures posted a hundred times for you to look at to ignore every time and have seen you as ask this identical question again and again hoping to find someone who can't answer it as a "gotcha". No sale here.

Upvote 0

JohnRabbit

Site Supporter
Feb 12, 2009
i am in alabama
✟55,288.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
easy.. love your neighbor as it is the only law written in the new testament that fulfills ALL of the Law according to several authors of the new testament Including Jesus, John, and James. There is no need for any other law to be written there as in love one won't desire to murder your brother or steal from him or sleep with his wife or encourage his kids to turn against him or whatever. I'm sure you have had the scriptures posted a hundred times for you to look at to ignore every time and have seen you as ask this identical question again and again hoping to find someone who can't answer it as a "gotcha". No sale here.

no "gotcha" theology here my friend!

love toward God and love toward neighbor is simply the ten commandments summed up! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Sophrosyne

Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
no "gotcha" theology here my friend!

love toward God and love toward neighbor is simply the ten commandments summed up! :thumbsup:
I disagree, your debate style is that of "gotcha" by asking leading questions waiting for certain answers to ask more leading questions.... till you catch someone who can't answer your questions then you got them. The fact you have asked here with all of us present over and over the question about what law is written upon the heart with yourself NEVER answering it in a fashion that proves anything at all it also a gotcha.

Upvote 0