Epecho

Bible Student
Apr 13, 2013
✟7,814.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
This is the gospel (keep in mind Paul is speaking to those who have already become a Christian):

15 Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, 2 by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures - 1 Corinthians 15:1-4

7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power - 2 Thessalonians 1:7-9

6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? 2 Certainly not! How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The jailer was aware of his need to be saved. So Paul told them the word of the Lord, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the power of God for salvation, thereby granting them repentance and faith in Christ, through which they were saved. The adults believed the Gospel. Then the whole household was baptized into Christ. They rejoiced in their salvation.

If that's what you're saying then I'm right there with you.
Not even close.................
A. Why wont you say that Paul said; believe on the Lord, and thou shalt be saved? (this truth reenforce that they were all saved by God's grace through faith in the word.)
what must I do to be saved?
Act 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

B. God granted them forgiveness of sins which they repented of.

C. their faith came by hearing/believing the word of God.

You cant be serious.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No, not at all....

Tell me, from what did Christ come to save humanity?
Secondly, how did He do it?
The Old Law is a preparation for the Gospel. “The Law is a pedagogy and a prophecy of things to come.” It prophesies and presages the work of liberation from sin which will be fulfilled in Christ: it provides the New Testament with images, “types,” and symbols for expressing the life according to the Spirit. Finally, the Law is completed by the teaching of the sapiential books and the prophets which set its course toward the New Covenant and the Kingdom of heaven.

Christ the Lord, in whom the entire Revelation of the most high God is summed up, commanded the apostles to preach the Gospel, which had been promised beforehand by the prophets, and which he fulfilled in his own person and promulgated with his own lips. In preaching the Gospel, they were to communicate the gifts of God to all men. This Gospel was to be the source of all saving truth and moral discipline.[cf. Mt 28:19-20; Mk 16:15]

The Paschal mystery of Christ’s cross and Resurrection stands at the center of the Good News that the apostles, and the Church following them, are to proclaim to the world. God’s saving plan was accomplished “once for all” by the redemptive death of his Son Jesus Christ.

That's the gospel....

It's part of the gospel, pity you didn't read what I wrote before.

Upvote 0

shturt678

Senior Veteran
Feb 1, 2013
Hawaii
✟20,928.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The Old Law is a preparation for the Gospel. “The Law is a pedagogy and a prophecy of things to come.” It prophesies and presages the work of liberation from sin which will be fulfilled in Christ: it provides the New Testament with images, “types,” and symbols for expressing the life according to the Spirit. Finally, the Law is completed by the teaching of the sapiential books and the prophets which set its course toward the New Covenant and the Kingdom of heaven.

Christ the Lord, in whom the entire Revelation of the most high God is summed up, commanded the apostles to preach the Gospel, which had been promised beforehand by the prophets, and which he fulfilled in his own person and promulgated with his own lips. In preaching the Gospel, they were to communicate the gifts of God to all men. This Gospel was to be the source of all saving truth and moral discipline.[cf. Mt 28:19-20; Mk 16:15]

The Paschal mystery of Christ’s cross and Resurrection stands at the center of the Good News that the apostles, and the Church following them, are to proclaim to the world. God’s saving plan was accomplished “once for all” by the redemptive death of his Son Jesus Christ.

It's part of the gospel, pity you didn't read what I wrote before.

:):):) Nothing to add, nor subtract, to the above definition; however a comment:

Horrors to see multitudes of youths today turn to the Gospel, but not turn from Sin to the Gospel, i.e., Rom.3:1-20. :amen:

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Imperfections? You mean transgressions? Transgression of what?
Yeah, that's one of the parts I'm not totally happy with ...

As a very first presentation of law and gospel I wanted to use a term that would be easily understood. Understanding God as absolute perfection is not too difficult, I suppose, and thinking of all the ways that we are not like God as imperfections gets across that sin is not just what we do but who we naturally are.

Transgressions, aside from being a word rarely heard outside of religious discussions, is only the manifestation of our sinfulness in sinful thoughts, words and deeds, and does not address our sinful state or condition.

Upvote 0

Tangible

Decision Theology = Ex Opere Operato
May 29, 2009
cruce tectum
Visit site
✟59,743.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Yes

I did

Just step over to my believe-O-tron 5000 and drink the kool aid. Everything will be better soon enough

Because all your problems will be solved, and you will be rich. But of course that's no good so you'll have to give all your money to me. Hey its in the Gospel, I don't make the rules I just follow them.

Of course! What do you think you're giving me all that money for? And don't forget the guacamole!

You haven't finished your kool aid
Thanks for sorting that out for me. Mmmm this kool aid taste s like sun sh ine spa rk les meep orf

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Setyoufree

Mar 2, 2013
Southern USA
✟5,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Transgressions, aside from being a word rarely heard outside of religious discussions, is only the manifestation of our sinfulness in sinful thoughts, words and deeds, and does not address our sinful state or condition.

Because of our sinful state all men die. This is the first death:

Romans 5:12 ...just as sin entered the world through one man (Adam), and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned.... 18 .... the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men....

Christ did not come to save us from our first death, but instead He came to save us "from the curse of the law":

Gal 3:13 Christ redeemed us (i.e., saved us) from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us.... 22 ...the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe.

23 Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. 24 So the law was put in charge until Christ that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

So Christ came to save us from His own law. Why? What does the law demand?

1] Obey & live

2] Disobey & die

Since "all have sinned" and in the present tense "fall short of" God's agape love, "there is none righteous, no, not even one." Hence Christ came to save us from "the curse of the law".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.