USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bee_Brian, the thief on the cross said "remember me" Jesus said.. this DAY you will be with me (WHERE?) in hell? In the grave sleeping? No..with ME in paradise. The word says when we die we go to the Father..

So what each man personally believes is not Gods word. If anyone knows Christ. to HIM is where you go

Upvote 0

-Luca

Apr 11, 2017
United Kingdom
✟29,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Incorrect. We do not lay dormant. I have never had a near-death experience or anything such as that but I believe that when we pass from this life, we immediately either wake up in Heaven or we will wake up in Hell. The Bible says that a man named Lazarus (not the one Jesus raised from the dead) "lifted up his eyes in Hell" (I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact scripture) so - that tells me partly that when we die our souls will either be with Jesus or we'll wind up in Hell if we're not right with God.

And, by the way, I wouldn't trust the NIV. If you've never noticed, the NIV and the writers/translators of that particular version of the Bible, have removed any and all references to the Blood of Jesus and the power of His blood. So, please do be careful.
Would it be possible that he experienced a vision? And I am wary of the NIV, I just snatched that quote I mentioned from the internet.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Actually the doctrine of Karma is very Scriptural.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, THAT shall he also reap.

And with regard to the formula for receiving God's Blessings for doing good or punishments for doing evil (breaking His Law), we can turn to His Law to find out exactly how it works.

Deuteronomy 27:26, 28:1-68
27:26 Cursed [be] he that confirmeth not [all] the words of this Law to do them. And all the people shall say, Amen.

You are conflating the non-Christian anti-Bible doctrine of "Karma from past lives" -- with the Bible doctrine that what you do in THIS life will judge you. There is no Bible text about someone having many past lives all pilling up karma upon them for this life.

And all Christians know this to be true. What is more the Bible states it clearly.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Incorrect. We do not lay dormant. I have never had a near-death experience or anything such as that but I believe that when we pass from this life, we immediately either wake up in Heaven or we will wake up in Hell.

And you are free to believe that -- but that is not in the Bible outside of the parable of the rich man and Lazarus where we find prayers to the dead and all appeal for resurrection made to Abraham alone as the sovereign of all the saints in heaven. So probably not the best parable to stretch into a historic event.

As for the Bible facts about the dormant state - well please note that these statements come in the form of doctrinal teaching in the Bible... and not extraction-extension-extreme-inference from parable.

John 11 "Lazarus sleeps - I go that I may wake HIM".

1 Thess 4
13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Proof via inescapable logic - of the future resurrection to a hostile audience -

Matt 22
29 But Jesus answered and said to them, “You are mistaken, not understanding the Scriptures nor the power of God. 30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven. 31 But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: 32 ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” 33 When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.

34 But when the Pharisees heard that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered themselves together.

Upvote 0

A Freeman

Apr 11, 2017
Sheffield
✟10,613.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are conflating the non-Christian anti-Bible doctrine of "Karma from past lives" -- with the Bible doctrine that what you do in THIS life will judge you. There is no Bible text about someone having many past lives all pilling up karma upon them for this life.

And all Christians know this to be true. What is more the Bible states it clearly.

Please take the time to read the article at the following link, which is replete with Biblical references to reincarnation, and thoroughly investigate the mountain of Scriptural evidence that proves reincarnation is an irrefutable FACT.

Reincarnation Is an Irrefutable Fact | Spirit

You can deny it all you wish, and claim reincarnation isn't Scriptural, but that simply isn't true, regardless of what is taught in the churches. You need to empty your "wineskin" of all of the nonsense so that it can be filled with the truth.

Christ (the Spirit-Being and God's Eldest Son - Col. 1:14-15 - Who is "NOT OF THIS WORLD - John 17:5, 18:36) when He incarnated the body of Jesus (the human born to Mary, who obviously was of this world) told us NOT to go to church (Matt. 6:5-8) and NOT to be a priest, pastor, rabbi, imam, etc. (Matt. 23:8-10) because they are the (spiritually) "blind leading the blind" (Matt. 15:14) and are leading their unwitting victims into the Pit, i.e. The Fire.

Christ clearly taught His Disciples about reincarnation, and apparently they understood the lesson.

Matthew 17:10-14

17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the lawyers that Elias must first come?
17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of Man suffer of them.
17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spoke unto them of John the Baptist (Elias - Elisha NOT Elijah).

These verses explain that John the Baptist was the reincarnation of Elisha, as evidenced by the mantle being given to Elisha by Elijah at the Jordan, and then being returned to Elijah (Christ – see John 3:13 and II Kings 2:11) when Elias/Elisha (John the Baptist) baptized Christ in the very same spot in the Jordan river (II Kings 2:13-14, Matt. 3:16-17).

Sidenote: See John 1:21 below, where John the Baptist clearly states he is NOT Elijah.

John 1:21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elijah? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

Unless one realizes that they are NOT the human animal body they see in the mirror but are in fact the spirit-Being temporarily incarnating that body, it is impossible to "see" the Kingdom of God much less enter it.

John 3:3-7
3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born from above, he cannot SEE the Kingdom of God.
3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water (human) and then is born (later) from above as his spirit-"Being" (his REAL self which is NOT human), he can NOT enter into the Kingdom of God (Who is a Spirit-"Being").
3:6 That which is born of the flesh is human; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (a spirit-"Being") - (a human+Being).
3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Would it be possible that he experienced a vision? And I am wary of the NIV, I just snatched that quote I mentioned from the internet.
Paul says about those who love and trust the Lord Jesus: "Absent from the body","present with the Lord" (2 Corinthians 5.8).

Upvote 0

Bee_Brian

Apr 6, 2017
Boise, ID, USA
✟20,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
People will be able to make a case for both sides Brian, and you might find yourself with a decision as to which you believe. I would like to submit to you, and others reading, that this is a non-issue that need not even be decided on.

First of all, you have no say beyond living a righteous life before the Lord you serve. He calls the shots and it is whatever He wants it to be. But most importantly, both sides have the same ending. I know that sounds odd so let me explain....

If you die and go to heaven immediately, the first thing you will see (I am assuming) is the Lord. And if you die and slept until the resurrection, you'll open your eyes and see the Lord. Either way, when you close your eyes in this life, the first thing you'll see in the next is Him. That's why I say this is a non-issue that unfortunately divides too many people. :)

Ken Rank, allow me to flatter you by saying that you are a remarkably wise man. I'm grateful that you posted in this thread. It made a difference to the way I think.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Bee_Brian, the thief on the cross said "remember me" Jesus said.. this DAY you will be with me (WHERE?) in hell? In the grave sleeping? No..with ME in paradise. The word says when we die we go to the Father..

So what each man personally believes is not Gods word. If anyone knows Christ. to HIM is where you go
There is no punctuation in the Greek... it can be "I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise" or "I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise." The rest of Scripture becomes the context that drives this verse.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Please take the time to read the article at the following link, which is replete with Biblical references to reincarnation, and thoroughly investigate the mountain of Scriptural evidence that proves reincarnation is an irrefutable FACT.

You can deny it all you wish, and claim reincarnation isn't Scriptural, but that simply isn't true,

I have not found any texts that support the idea of past lives of anyone ... period.

But I take it you have done research and you have clicked on that link and have found at least a few.

Fine. Post them.
Christ (the Spirit-Being and God's Eldest Son - Col. 1:14-15 - Who is "NOT OF THIS WORLD - John 17:5, 18:36) when He incarnated the body of Jesus (the human born to Mary, who obviously was of this world) told us NOT to go to church (Matt. 6:5-8)

1. Christ went to church. Luke 4:14-16
2. All the NT followers of Christ went to church Acts 18:4

Nothing about re-incarnation in any of that

Christ clearly taught His Disciples about reincarnation, and apparently they understood the lesson.

Matthew 17:10-14

17:10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the lawyers that Elias must first come?
17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
17:12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of Man suffer of them.
17:13 Then the disciples understood that he spoke unto them of John the Baptist (Elias - Elisha NOT Elijah).

Elias is the Greek word for the Hebrew Elijah -- the Bible was written in Greek. Details matter.

What is more Elijah shows up in Matt 17 prior to Matthew 17:10 -- with Moses.

IN the Reincarnation story - your former selves do not show up with you and talk to your current self -- because they are all supposedly "you".

So another great example in Matt 17 of NOT - reincarnation.

See John 1:21 below, where John the Baptist clearly states he is NOT Elijah.

Then in Matthew 17 Elijah does show up.

John came in the spirit and power of Elijah - but is not Elijah.

3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born from above, he cannot SEE the Kingdom of God.
3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Another great example where at baptism one is not "re-incarnated".

Please be serious. The bible doctrine on being born-again happens in this life when a person accepts the Gospel. 'IF anyone is in Christ He is a NEW Creation" -- it is an event that takes place during one's current lifetime.

Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No punctuation in the Greek. Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
When other scripture is taken into consideration, that we SLEEP we are not conscience that we are resurrected at the return of Christ, then the above verse would be in agreement with all other scripture by placing the comma AFTER today and reading "Truly I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise."
Think about it again, if Christ was telling the thief he would be in Paradise with Him THAT DAY then the thief would have been alone because Christ said AFTER His resurrection three days and nights later that HE had not YET ascended to His Father! Read it for yourselves! John 20:17! "Don't cling to me," Jesus said, "for I haven't yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Wow! Even Christ did not go to heaven when He died! He didn't go UNTIL AFTER HIS RESURRECTION!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Freeman

Apr 11, 2017
Sheffield
✟10,613.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have not found any texts that support the idea of past lives of anyone ... period.

But I take it you have done research and you have clicked on that link and have found at least a few.

Fine. Post them.

1. Christ went to church. Luke 4:14-16
2. All the NT followers of Christ went to church Acts 18:4

Nothing about re-incarnation in any of that

Elias is the Greek word for the Hebrew Elijah -- the Bible was written in Greek. Details matter.

What is more Elijah shows up in Matt 17 prior to Matthew 17:10 -- with Moses.

IN the Reincarnation story - your former selves do not show up with you and talk to your current self -- because they are all supposedly "you".

So another great example in Matt 17 of NOT - reincarnation.

See John 1:21 below, where John the Baptist clearly states he is NOT Elijah.

Then in Matthew 17 Elijah does show up.

John came in the spirit and power of Elijah - but is not Elijah.

Another great example where at baptism one is not "re-incarnated".

Please be serious. The bible doctrine on being born-again happens in this life when a person accepts the Gospel. 'IF anyone is in Christ He is a NEW Creation" -- it is an event that takes place during one's current lifetime.

If you don't realize that the REAL you is a spirit-Being that is temporarily incarnating the human-animal body that you see in the mirror, how can you possibly hope to be reborn as something you don't acknowledge or understand?

Until one is TRULY reborn as their true, spiritual self, the will continue to see everything upside down and backwards, as you undoubtedly are doing the "explanations" you've offered above (Elias was the Greek translation of the Hebrew name Elisha, NOT Elijah, as the Scriptural evidence clearly shows. So yes, details matter).

Christ told us unequivocally that He is NOT OF THIS WORLD and yet Jesus, the human body that the virgin Mary gave birth to definitely was of this world. Together they formed the human+Being we know as Jesus+Christ.

How obvious does it need to be?

You have all the information required to correct your mistaken beliefs. Please take the time to thoroughly review it (i.e. read and study the article previously linked and linked again here below) without PREJUDICE (pre-judging, which we've been COMMANDED not to do - Matt. 7:1-4).

The alternative is to live and die in ignorance of the truth about what and who you really are.

Peace be upon you.

Upvote 0

A Freeman

Apr 11, 2017
Sheffield
✟10,613.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No punctuation in the Greek. Luke 23:43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
When other scripture is taken into consideration, that we SLEEP we are not conscience that we are resurrected at the return of Christ, then the above verse would be in agreement with all other scripture by placing the comma AFTER today and reading "Truly I say to you today, you will be with me in Paradise."
Think about it again, if Christ was telling the thief he would be in Paradise with Him THAT DAY then the thief would have been alone because Christ said AFTER His resurrection three days and nights later that HE had not YET ascended to His Father! Read it for yourselves! John 20:17! "Don't cling to me," Jesus said, "for I haven't yet ascended to the Father. But go find my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
Wow! Even Christ did not go to heaven when He died! He didn't go UNTIL AFTER HIS RESURRECTION!

This should make it crystal clear that "paradise" and heaven are two different places (consider and compare with John 3:13). Not until He was taken up on a "Cloud" (Acts 1:9) did Christ go back to heaven.

"Paradise" from the Latin root "para dice", which literally means "to be told". It's where every Soul goes when it is freed from the body to receive its life review.

The Astral Plain

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What exactly happens after we die?

On one end, people say our souls go to their eternal destination. Heaven or hell.

On the other end, people say that our entirety, our whole being, our "soul" (which is used to refer to the entirety of a person and NOT something separate) goes to sleep in the grave to wake up in the resurrection of the dead, the day when earth will be renewed.

I ask that aside from just picking an answer, you explain why you think so too.

Thank you.

Jesus told the person on the cross beside Him that today you will be with Me in paradise. So to me that means you go to heaven. I think our spirit goes directly to heaven but we are given new bodies that will rise up when Jesus returns. So the body sleeps but our spirit goes directly to heaven. then later our body will rise up.

• Useful
Reactions: Bee_Brian
Upvote 0

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This should make it crystal clear that "paradise" and heaven are two different places (consider and compare with John 3:13). Not until He was taken up on a "Cloud" (Acts 1:9) did Christ go back to heaven.

"Paradise" from the Latin root "para dice", which literally means "to be told". It's where every Soul goes when it is freed from the body to receive its life review.

The Astral Plain
Paradise Strongs Greek #3857 paradeisos a park, a garden, a paradise. That is the definition of the Greek word that was used according the Strong's. Just wondering where you got your definition?
I believe when Christ told Mary not to cling to Him was because He was going to the Father then, which is why He said to tell the others that's where He was going...right then. Afterwards, Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." He had told Mary He was ascending to the Father and then when He appeared to the disciples He stated what had happened there.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
If you don't realize that the REAL you is a spirit-Being that is temporarily incarnating the human-animal body that you see in the mirror, how can you possibly hope to be reborn as something you don't acknowledge or understand?

I freely admit that I reject the non-Christian non-Bible teaching of re-incarnation where a person supposedly has multiple lives in the past that they do not remember, learn-nothing-from... etc.

I prefer the Bible on this one.'

Question for you - have you ever in your life heard of any scholar coming with "re-incarnation" who had only read the Bible - and only believes the Bible?

I have not.

Until one is TRULY reborn as their true, spiritual self, the will continue to see everything upside down

Reborn as in the Christian new birth where working at your day job today - you are a lost sinner... but then working at your day-job tomorrow you are now a born again Christian?

Or "reborn" as in today you work at your job - but tomorrow you are an infant in the hospital new-born ward? (Something we never find in all of scripture... no not even once)

and backwards, as you undoubtedly are doing the "explanations" you've offered above (Elias was the Greek translation of the Hebrew name Elisha, NOT Elijah,

Not true in real life.

Strong's Greek: 2243. Ἡλίας (Elias) -- Elijah, an Israelite prophet

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

danstribe

Mar 30, 2013
✟24,205.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus told the person on the cross beside Him that today you will be with Me in paradise. So to me that means you go to heaven. I think our spirit goes directly to heaven but we are given new bodies that will rise up when Jesus returns. So the body sleeps but our spirit goes directly to heaven. then later our body will rise up.
Why does Ecclesiastes 9:2 and 9 say It is the same for all. There is one fate for the righteous and for the wicked and For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything.
But it also says in Eccl. 12:7 and the dust returns to the ground it came from,
and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Upvote 0

Tina W

Dec 24, 2014
Arizona, USA
✟20,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why does Ecclesiastes 9:2 and 9 say It is the same for all. There is one fate for the righteous and for the wicked and For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything.

For the first verse, I think that's referring to the righteous verses the sinner. Sinners are often referred to as dead. So it's the sinners that do not know anything.

The second verse about the dust is referring to the body returning to dust and the spirit going to be with God. :angel::amen:

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
After those, I have next, Numbers 31:1.
"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying.

Numbers 31:2
"Avenge the children of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people."

next is Deuteronomy 32:50
"
And die in the mount...be gathered unto thy people; as Aaron thy brother died...and was gathered unto his people:"
//Why does it seem that Aaron and Moses are not gathered to the same bunch of people?
thy people = Moses
his people = Aaron

Joshua 1:1
"Now after the death of Moses..."
Joshua 1:2
"Moses My servant is dead..."

Joshua 24:29
"And it came to pass...that Joshua...died..."

Joshua 24:31
"And Israel served the LORD all the days of Joshua, and all the days of
the elders that overlived Joshua..."

Now, we find again the mention of Joseph, as his bones will be buried.

Skip a bit further now to Judges 2:8. The death of Joshua is mentioned again and then in verse 10 it tells that all that generation were gathered unto their fathers, but then it tells of an evil generation that came next. This evil generation forsook the LORD God of their fathers.

Dead believers are taken to paradise. Where is paradise today?
What exactly happens after we die?

On one end, people say our souls go to their eternal destination. Heaven or hell.

On the other end, people say that our entirety, our whole being, our "soul" (which is used to refer to the entirety of a person and NOT something separate) goes to sleep in the grave to wake up in the resurrection of the dead, the day when earth will be renewed.

I ask that aside from just picking an answer, you explain why you think so too.

Thank you.

Readings:

Luke 16:19-31

Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Before the Resurrection of Jesus paradise was located in the grave.

Then,

Matthew 27:52-53King James Version (KJV)

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Eph 4:7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

1 Peter 4:6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.

1 Peter 3:19-20Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

19 in which he also went and made proclamation to the spirits in prison 20 who in the past were disobedient, when God patiently waited in the days of Noah while the ark was being prepared. In it a few—that is, eight people—were saved through water

2 Corinthians 12:4 was caught up to paradise and heard inexpressible things, things that no one is permitted to tell.

Revelation 2:7 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.

2 Cor 5:6-8 'Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. We live by faith, not by sight. We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord.'

Phil 1:21-24 'For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.'

1 Thes 4:13-14 'Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.'

Jude 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,

There is a veiw called the eternalist view which explains the time between death and ressurrection of Christians, Saints.
basically, heaven has no time. When a believer dies, they go to judgement seat of Christ(yes everyone is there outside of time) than to resurrection(at the end of time --- think of it as time travel) then to paradise in heaven.

Hell, Sheol, Hades, Paradise, and the Grave

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

The unfolding of the Bible is progressive revelation. Also, the author of Ecclesiastes was backsliden at the time.

Upvote 0

A Freeman

Apr 11, 2017
Sheffield
✟10,613.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Luke 23:43 Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

John 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, [even] the Son of Man which is from heaven.

Clearly heaven and paradise are two different places.

Christ is the ONLY spirit-Being Who has ascended into heaven, the first time when He was here in the body of Elijah (II Kings 2:11), and the second time when He was here in the body of Jesus (Acts 1:9). Two humans - SAME spirit-Being (Christ). There is NO other way for all of these verses to be true, which of course they are.

This should also help explain the Second Coming described in the final chapter of the Old Covenant.

Malach 4
4:1 For, behold, the Day cometh, that shall burn like an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts, that it shall leave of them neither root nor branch (nothing).
4:2 But unto you that fear My name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
4:3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in The Day that I shall do [this], saith the "I AM" Lord of hosts.
4:4 Remember ye and return to The Law of Moses My servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, [with] the Statutes and Judgments.
4:5 Behold, I will send you EliJAH the Prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful Day of the "I AM" (Sura 43:61):
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Christ is the Sun/Son of Righteousness ("The Light of the world", Who is here with a NEW NAME. Christ and Eli-JAH the prophet are therefore one and the same SPIRIT-BEING (God's Eldest Son).

Revelation 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a NAME written, that NO man knew, but HE himself (ch. 2:17; 3:12).

JAHTruth.net

Upvote 0