What exactly am I?

MuteReality

Sep 14, 2012
✟7,617.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well original post was honestly bad speculation alternate theories, however, I have prayed to God to guide me to the answers before and i know in my heart it is true.. I had a personal revelation In my life when I was in a very bad place and when I broke down and prayed I saw light in a night sky form into a face that I feel in my heart was Jesus helping me change... Sounds weird to most people I tell, but I assume at least some of you have had similar experiences

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you sound like is the product of other peoples ideas and theories. Our modern age is filled with theories trying to fill the void left by a world that has become increasingly secular.

The best way to find out what you are is meet Christ as your personal saviour. Once you meet Christ you will know as we do and you will call yourself christian and know why. You then will have found true joy and will forget the theories.

Here is the truth not a theory:

Jesus is God and is our creator, union with Jesus is personal completion and the weight of guilt and sin removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moreover, what do Christians believe that days refer to in Genesis
While some Christians believe that the "days" in Genesis refer to 24-hour periods, others think that the days refer to indeterminate long periods of time (e.g., "the day of the Lord" isn't just a 24-hour day).

Don't let that get you hung up, though. What you believe about the length of the days in Genesis isn't crucial to salvation.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I believe Jesus was resurrected. how exactly do you figure a text dating to 125 A.D. was written by someone who died literally 36 years earlier.

The oldest fragment of a copy of John we have is from 125. The original would have been written much earlier. Especially as John would have been written in what's now Turkey, and the manuscript fragment was from a copy made in Egypt.

Upvote 0

talitha

Cultivate Honduras
Nov 5, 2004
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Visit site
✟22,601.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus is guiding you, you will soon ditch your unbelief concerning the Old Testament and Gospel accounts and your belief in reincarnation. If that doesn't happen, it is not the son of God who is guiding you but an imposter. I know that happens sometimes - it certainly happened to Sylvia Browne, for example..

Upvote 0

Spiritlight

✰•.¸¸★•*´¨`*•.¸.✰
Apr 1, 2011
manitoba
✟23,118.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If Jesus is guiding you, you will soon ditch your unbelief concerning the Old Testament and Gospel accounts and your belief in reincarnation. If that doesn't happen, it is not the son of God who is guiding you but an imposter. I know that happens sometimes - it certainly happened to Sylvia Browne, for example..
That does happen and the bible warns of false teachings in the latter days if this is them. if its not then we have lots of crazy teachings now circulating in society anyway.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes I believe Jesus was resurrected. how exactly do you figure a text dating to 125 A.D. was written by someone who died literally 36 years earlier...

Moreover, what do Christians believe that days refer to in Genesis

1. The book of John was written in circa 90 a.d. ---- Its the earliest copy that we have which is dated 125 a.d. And 35 years for a manuscript from the original, is extremely desirable since most ancient literary works survive on copies being 1000 years after the original .

2. Christians are divided on the length of creation , and it is something that we can extend charity for the most part. I personally cant fathom Hebrews thinking each day of creation represented millions of years , plus, it would mean that God allows bloodshed of animals including cancer and other health ills to invade what he created.....which after he was done creating emphatically called : 'Good , VERY good' --- so that doesnt add up at all . It calls into question Gods character and nature for him to use the millions of years of alleged slow, wasteful, less than perfect Evolution, as our science of the day has brainwashed us all with.Christians who adopt a hybrid form of Creation are trying to accomodate modern science since the populace holds Scientists in high esteem and even Idols in many cases .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's very much a minority opinion on John.

I'd say the majority opinion was for a date around 80, but there are certainly a lot of people arguing for a pre-70 date, for reasons famously articulated by J.A.T. Robinson..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dragnog

Jul 10, 2006
✟15,466.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
K so here it goes.

I have been a believer in God and a follower of Christianity for several years now, but I do not believe in the standard definition of Christianity in being that Jesus Christ was the true son of god and he was created in order to live on earth and perform miracles before being sacrificed in a disturbing ritual all for our sins.

So here's what I believe in a nutshell...

I believe God is the creator of the universe. However, I believe god is genderless and non-corporeal, meaning its not an individual existing entity by any means. I think that god is the center or "source" of the entire universe. In other words I believe god is literally inside all of us, and all non-living things as well. Or from a scientific perspective, god is the singularity of all matter in one point super concentrated and infinitely voluminous, that understand everything and exists in perfect harmony with all of its other parts.

Now this is where my beliefs seriously conflict with Christianity, I believe that God was ready to experience life from a multiplicity of perspectives, in order to learn and become more whole through understanding of gods own self.

So God "became" the big bang, exploding with such tremendous force that the universe was created in its earliest form in nearly an instant. And that was the first day.

Then God created the stars, the second day.

Then God created the planets, the third day.

etc, etc.

What we see today in existence is a manifestation of many different perspectives and personalities of the same consciousness.

Now as for Christ, I honestly think he was a messenger of God. However, I believe he was simply an incredibly enlightened and centered individual, who was able to communicate with the full consciousness of the Source (God). God told him the ideal way that life should be undertaken and acted upon, and so Christ being a man of virtue and perseverance, told the people he met of this communication even though he understood quite well he would be persecuted for revealing such information.

Christ was sacrificed because he knew the truth of our existence and how amazing we can be as human beings, a martyr to underline and highlight the truth of his teachings.

So my real question is, am I Christian? And if not, how would you define me?

Also thanks for your time, I know this is a ton of information!

I don't feel that Christian would be the correct term for your belief structure at this point in time. others have given you the general doctrines that most Christians have believed through most of time (Orthodoxy).

I think that the best term for you would be Pantheism with a side of Shamanism. You obviously have Pantheistic beliefs (God is in all living matter - similar to the Star Wars "Force" concept). But I also see that you have a belief in "Holy Men" who were enlightened by the God within all. Does this definition work for you?

Upvote 0

PureDose

Pinball Wizard
Sep 18, 2012
✟850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So my real question is, am I Christian? And if not, how would you define me?

Also thanks for your time, I know this is a ton of information!

No idea. Depends on how you live your life and if you follow the teachings of Jesus. What he said, not what people said he said, or what people say you must do. What Jesus said.

Theories are abundant and people rarely know what they really, deeply believe, anyway.

Would you be orthodox? No. But there are a lot of Christians who are really very good Christians but believe some really wacky stuff about what the Bible says that just is not true.

But, I do not see how you believe that concept fits with anything. We are not all that different from God. Look at video games or movies. We create our own worlds all the time. It is our nature.

Every night when we dream, we create our own dream worlds and usually put ourselves right in the middle of it.

That all of the heavens and earth is some kind of matrix is definitely not difficult for anyone to understand in an age of such technology.

Though, anyone with a pen and a paper can start to create their own worlds. One can do it even with out that.

I do think it is amazing the incredible lengths God goes through to ensure the universe is very "real" and "believable" to us. It is absolute in design and amazing in its' intricacy.

Upvote 0