Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is basically gonna cause a little bit of controversy. People say things like "God made Evolution" "Evolution doesn't NEED god" "Evolution isn't real." Well, all of those are all kinda wrong except for the first one. God did make all the animals, but not in the way Evolution says. And it's one thing that Darwin states that prevents us from understanding how it works for both science and God. What is the one thing he missed...? It wasn't from ONE kind of cell that it was evolved.

Of course, others may or may not see where i am getting at. Let me explain. Darwin states that our ancestors evolved from one organism and it's children (kinda) changed and evolved.
But, that is the VERY flaw that Darwin got wrong. And to explain this before i say what i mean, let's go to Yellowstone. Over a decade ago, the native wolves were kinda eradicated from the area, and that's where it starts to crumble. The deer over populate, the grass and plantation decreases over time, and everything starts to crumble. It wasn't until the wolves are introduced to Yellowstone again that everything starts to come back into order. Now, back to Evolution.... in order for it all to be explained, there needs to be one thing. Balance. How do we get balance? If there were many different orgnisms made. Before i continue, i must say that our genes are like a book, made of different components. but they were put in perfect order by God, like a writer who made a book. Now then, God most likely made different organisms, and they reproduced to make their own family trees. Like cat trees, dog trees, ape trees, plants trees, and all other species of animal are part of their own individual tree... with the exception of Adam and Eve.

Anyways... that's what I believe evolution is. God's plan to make all animals by making their own biological codes and helps them grow, adapt, and evolve according, then he made humans after all the diverse animals were made.

Anyways, that's enough rambling.

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is basically gonna cause a little bit of controversy. People say things like "God made Evolution" "Evolution doesn't NEED god" "Evolution isn't real." Well, all of those are all kinda wrong except for the first one. God did make all the animals, but not in the way Evolution says. And it's one thing that Darwin states that prevents us from understanding how it works for both science and God. What is the one thing he missed...? It wasn't from ONE kind of cell that it was evolved.

Of course, others may or may not see where i am getting at. Let me explain. Darwin states that our ancestors evolved from one organism and it's children (kinda) changed and evolved.
But, that is the VERY flaw that Darwin got wrong. And to explain this before i say what i mean, let's go to Yellowstone. Over a decade ago, the native wolves were kinda eradicated from the area, and that's where it starts to crumble. The deer over populate, the grass and plantation decreases over time, and everything starts to crumble. It wasn't until the wolves are introduced to Yellowstone again that everything starts to come back into order. Now, back to Evolution.... in order for it all to be explained, there needs to be one thing. Balance. How do we get balance? If there were many different orgnisms made. Before i continue, i must say that our genes are like a book, made of different components. but they were put in perfect order by God, like a writer who made a book. Now then, God most likely made different organisms, and they reproduced to make their own family trees. Like cat trees, dog trees, ape trees, plants trees, and all other species of animal are part of their own individual tree... with the exception of Adam and Eve.

Anyways... that's what I believe evolution is. God's plan to make all animals by making their own biological codes and helps them grow, adapt, and evolve according, then he made humans after all the diverse animals were made.

Don't mistake me for an expert on either intelligent design or on evolution. But I think both sides acknowledge the balance one typically finds in nature. So I don't think the mere fact that nature finds balance is proof of evolution or of some type of intelligent design/creationism.

If it helps establish my (lack of?) bona fides (A) I find a certain amount of evolution to be undeniable and (B) I reassert the fact that I am not be mistaken for an expert on evolution.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, for example,cats and dogs( actually feliform Carnivora and caniform Carnivora) evolved out of the miacid tree so they share a distant common ancestry . Humans evolved out of Primates. In fact we’re classified as apes now. The old family name for the non human apes - Pongidae is now retired. The other apes are now classified as Hominidae with us. This was done in the late 90s due to the chimpanzee genome being sequenced . There had already been a groundswell of support for changing the classification to just one family for the apes and humans for decades before it happened but Scientists wanted more information before they did it. This change has been accepted by the international scientific community due to it being based on evidence. Creationists tend to pretend that this hasn’t happened.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Either way, it does not change my views on God, or Creator or seeder of life...

The universe did not come from nothing or no one, and life did not either... but it was planted, or seeded, or introduced, or set in motion, or began by, a intelligent creator or designer, or giver, or bringer about of, "life"...

And the process of evolution itself, was guided and directed by a intelligent code or plan, or design (sea life always comes before land life, ect) (as just one example of how the plan of life always happens, wherever or whenever, even elsewhere) and DNA carries that specific code or plan (for life)... Which led to us of course, as all a part of the plan or code, or design...

It's really pretty amazing, the intelligent design behind it all, and beauty of it all... that it is not just all "random", but it all proceeded and happened and does all happen, according to a plan or code or design, by a designer, that we can see in DNA...

There is an order to the process of life that not only was preparing (the way) for us (to come about), but also reeks of intelligent design, and order, and plan, (or program) in my opinion...

DNA, (or that which carries the primary code for directing the process and program of life), is a lot like a computer program is, just using biology instead of mechanism... And any computer program has a designer, or creator, or maker of it...

If we were to create AI, or multiple AI's, we would start with a primary program or code, that would give it life, and would then, grow, change, and evolve all on it's own and by itself, but would also be guided and directed by the primary program we made or put into it... and, it would be building on, and would be using the primary program, or primary code for it's life, becoming something much more complex as it went on...

In a way, biological life, is or are just "machines", or computer intelligence's in a way, just bio-electro-chemical ones instead of mechanical ones... Biological life, is just basically bio-electochemical machines, and DNA is it's primary program...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe that God created the universe, I’m not an atheist. Science, however, has no way of determining how God did it . Mixing science with religion is a mistake as it opens the door to baseless claims and causes ideology to run science instead of verifiable evidence.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,110.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Hello Devin
Welcome to CF.

Interesting theory. Don't worry about causing controversy - that's normal for CF. :)

Do you have any thoughts about when God made the first animals and what they were?

Where do you think animals that went extinct millions of years ago (like dinosaurs), would fit into your proposed individual family trees?
OB

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, for example,cats and dogs( actually feliform Carnivora and caniform Carnivora) evolved out of the miacid tree so they share a distant common ancestry .
No. They didn't.

Humans evolved out of Primates.
No more than humans evolved from marshmallows.

In fact we’re classified as apes now.
Not by God.

The old family name for the non human apes - Pongidae is now retired. The other apes are now classified as Hominidae with us. This was done in the late 90s due to the chimpanzee genome being sequenced . There had already been a groundswell of support for changing the classification to just one family for the apes and humans for decades before it happened but Scientists wanted more information before they did it. This change has been accepted by the international scientific community due to it being based on evidence. Creationists tend to pretend that this hasn’t happened.
Why would creation believers want to pretend religious people of the evo persuasion do not prefer to classify things in an evo way??

So why would God have potatoes share genetic similarities (or chimps) with humans? Science sure doesn't know...they have just attributed it all to common ancestry in a religious way.

I could take a glass of sand, and a glass of fine wine, and claim that the glasses were both glass, and 98% similar. However, the contents are what really matter most. Man has a God breathed spirit and life capacity to be like and draw close to God. Chimps have a capacity to be animals.

Science cannot see what is in man.

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Devin
Welcome to CF.

Interesting theory. Don't worry about causing controversy - that's normal for CF. :)

Do you have any thoughts about when God made the first animals and what they were?

Where do you think animals that went extinct millions of years ago (like dinosaurs), would fit into your proposed individual family trees?
OB
With that, i believe most dinosaurs fit in the reptile family. Why i say that is that repiles have many variants yet similarities. Including size and what they do. I do believe they were made before Man, but died during the great flood.

• Informative
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frater_domus

Faith is all that matters.
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2018
Berlin
✟186,302.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe that God created the universe, I’m not an atheist. Science, however, has no way of determining how God did it . Mixing science with religion is a mistake as it opens the door to baseless claims and causes ideology to run science instead of verifiable evidence.

There are no contraditions between the laws of nature and the laws of scipture, only in our interpretations thereof, namely science and theology. God is perfect, we are not.

But I agree, the purpose of the bible isn’t science. It is knowing God, His will and the way to our salvation. It isn’t a science book...

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,419.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
With that, i believe most dinosaurs fit in the reptile family. Why i say that is that repiles have many variants yet similarities. Including size and what they do. I do believe they were made before Man, but died during the great flood.

Reptiles include birds, turtles, lizards, snakes and crocodiles. They're not a family, but an entire class. So, if you're looking for morphological similarity, you're out of luck.

Similarity, evidence of any "great flood" - as in a globe spanning inundation that wiped out 99.99% of extant life - is completely non -existent. Not in geology, archaeology, biology or any one of the proxies used for monitoring the climatological history of the planet. Oh, and the Chinese, Egyptians and Indus Valley civilizations- not to mention dozens of smaller cultures - completely failed to notice it.

I understand that you'd like to have your creation story borne out by the evidence, but I'm afraid it just isn't supported by what is known of the world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Reptiles include birds, turtles, lizards, snakes and crocodiles. They're not a family, but an entire class. So, if you're looking for morphological similarity, you're out of luck.

Similarity, evidence of any "great flood" - as in a globe spanning inundation that wiped out 99.99% of extant life - is completely non -existent. Not in geology, archaeology, biology or any one of the proxies used for monitoring the climatological history of the planet. Oh, and the Chinese, Egyptians and Indus Valley civilizations- not to mention dozens of smaller cultures - completely failed to notice it.

I understand that you'd like to have your creation story borne out by the evidence, but I'm afraid it just supported by what is known of the world.
Yet all those other cultures, most of them have a flood legend of their own, and this is for a reason... The legends are real in a way, but perhaps not literally maybe, not here, at least maybe... They (the legends) are meant to teach us something very important about ourselves, and that is what is most important about them...

And it's not as if God is or was lying, cause they did, and do happen "somewhere" at "sometime", or perhaps at all times, all the time(s), somewhere or someplace in the universe...

Like described here: Is it true, that particles on their smallest level, seem to pop in and out of existence...?

All possibilities that can happen, do happen, (and have happened, and will happen again, and again, and again) as described there in that thread and post (above)...

So, it's not as if God is lying... Genesis 2:4 (non KJV translation) should read not only that "this is a history of the heavens and the earth", but, "this is a ("a" history, mind you) (not the exact actual literal history of just this earth maybe) but "a" history of the heavens and the (or their) "earths" (plural)... Or, this is the stories about mankind (and the heavens, (and the gods and God) and the "earths", and humankind) that matter (most)...

They have happened somewhere at sometime, and in that God is not lying, it just would have been too hard to explain or reveal to them back then...

The story of the flood legend and it's "meaning" as it applies to us (and God, or the gods) is what is trying to be conveyed and what matters most...

Since other cultures have a flood legend or myth of their own, but there is no physical evidence of those floods, does not mean it is not, or is unimportant... In fact the fact that most of them actually do have one (a flood legend) should tell us something about it's importance to us instead...

Jesus talked about how the last days would "like the story" of Noah and the flood... Now did he mean "literally"...? No... But perhaps metaphorically, and the way it applies metaphorically or figuratively or symbolically should be very important to us, and we should want to know it's meaning in that way and manner... Cause it should be important to us in that way...

So, the Bible and Genesis, should be very important to us, the story of Adam and Eve, the Garden of Eden, the Serpent, Tower of Babel, Noah and the flood, all of it, regardless of whether it's "literally true here" or not, certainly does apply very much to us all here in many, many ways... Our is to figure out "how" and then after that "why"...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,110.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Since you mentioned the Flood can I assume that you believe in a literal interpretation of the bible with a literal genesis around 6000-10,000 years ago?

If this is your belief, are you aware that evidence from a number of scientific disciplines directly contradicts this interpretation?

There is a view among some Young Earth Creationists that Evolution/Old Earth concepts are atheistic inventions. I'm not sure if you share this view but are you aware that many Christians, Christian scientists, and Christian denominations are quite comfortable with the scientific explanation?
OB

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But I agree, the purpose of the bible isn’t science. It is knowing God, His will and the way to our salvation. ..
Knowing Him means knowing the creator. Adam walked in the garden with Jesus, and part of knowing Him was knowing he had just created him and everything else.

Do you think there really was a garden?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Knowing Him means knowing the creator. Adam walked in the garden with Jesus, and part of knowing Him was knowing he had just created him and everything else.

Do you think there really was a garden?
Not really, believing in the Golden Age was a very old archetypal myth

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Flood myths from other areas of the global happen because , ( gasp) there were floods. During the Age of Enlightenment and later during the time of the British empire Europe and the Americans sent out explorers to find evidence of biblical phenomena or historical sites. Some they found ( lost cities) and some they didn’t ( evidence for a global flood). The fictional Indiana jones movies are modern day fantasies based on these or later historical explorations

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

. Basically reptiles does include birds, pterosaurs , dinosaurs crocodiles turtles lizards snakes and others. If you add synapsids ( and their descendants the mammals) theyre called clade reptilomorpha. But if you really want to get technical all land vertebrates are classified as a type of lobefin fish - Sarcopterygii

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh, and Dad, potatoes ( and other plants)are more closely related to humans than bacteria are, because we’re eucaryotes. The split between the lineages happened during the precambrian

• Optimistic
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0