What event or events could possibly re-elect Trump now?

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Baring a total mental collapse on the part of former VP Biden in the debates, and I am not certain that even that would do it, what could happen to possibly give the President a 2nd term?

1) large amounts of voter suppression

2) court cases arguing that mail-in ballots are illegal, or at minimum need to be studied for many months

3) court cases regarding any close states

AND NOW SOME SUBSTANTIVE POSSIBILITIES
4) Trump bringing home all troops from Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria. In addition, he would bring home many of troops in Germany and Japan, promising to continue to bring troops home.

5) a promise not to engage the US in military actions, unless our forces are directly attacked

6) the signing of an addition China deal

7) good job numbers

8) a stock market about the same as now, or a bit higher (of course, there will be all the warnings about what will happen the market if the Democrats take over

9) fear mongering with regard to raises in taxes under a Democratic administration

10) indictments against Obama and Biden

11) sports seasons going forward (giving folks a hope for a return to normalcy)

12) a promise to reduce the number of immigrants being allowed under special programs that take away US jobs

13) a continued attack on some of the participants in the demonstrations (surely Trump and his henchman can find someone to attack)

Upvote 0

TexFire316

Come as a child, with no agenda
Jan 31, 2017
Conroe, Texas
Visit site
✟29,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Baring a total mental collapse on the part of former VP Biden in the debates, and I am not certain that even that would do it, what could happen to possibly give the President a 2nd term?
I know what could happen to ge that guy elected to a second term...It's called the 2020 election! I will see you at the poles. I will be the guy in the Trump 2020 victory hat!

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
11) sports seasons going forward (giving folks a hope for a return to normalcy)

That could go the other direction. I happen to have played Rugby for over 40 years and still watch what games I can. I just finished watching the second match from New Zealand and they also cover other sports in a bar at the bottom of the screen. There are lots of athletes in American major sports teams that have tested positive. One Major League soccer team in Texas has been banned because 10 players tested positive. Several MLB teams have multiple players with positive tests.

Yes Trump could get lucky, but it is just as possible that a major game will be canceled because of players being infected. That won't go over well.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree with your comments. We were asked what COULD help Trump win a second term. I think that a successful season for a couple of the leagues would help. Of course, these are likely to be shortened seasoned before empty stadiums.

That could go the other direction. I happen to have played Rugby for over 40 years and still watch what games I can. I just finished watching the second match from New Zealand and they also cover other sports in a bar at the bottom of the screen. There are lots of athletes in American major sports teams that have tested positive. One Major League soccer team in Texas has been banned because 10 players tested positive. Several MLB teams have multiple players with positive tests.

Yes Trump could get lucky, but it is just as possible that a major game will be canceled because of players being infected. That won't go over well.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know what could happen to ge that guy elected to a second term...It's called the 2020 election! I will see you at the poles. I will be the guy in the Trump 2020 victory hat!
no doubt with Confederate flags on both sides.

Upvote 0

istodolez

Jun 7, 2020
Washington
✟24,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I don't think I want to go that particular strip club if the folks on the poles are wearing Trump 2020 victory hats.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Kind of weird to support a man who killed more Americans than most of our wars....

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well since people didn't think he could be elected the first time it is not unusual that some will think that he will not be reelected, you would think that they might learn but they dont.
So there will be people howling at the moon and crying on national television but Trump will win reelection. The liberals will have to come up with a new war plan for the resistance and they will have time to try to impeach him at least two more times and they will try because they never learn. Good news for the msm they will still have Trump to kick around and there will still be people who will believe anything negative that they tell them, no one will ask for proof or verification so the job will remain easy.

• Agree
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,828.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The obvious one is ongoing foreign campaigning for the incumbent. Expect lots of made up nonsense about Biden from concerned "citizens". And likely some similar nonsense from the DoJ.

Donald could start a war. Americans have been reluctant to switch leaders in the middle of one. Although we've already got a national crisis, and the normal "rally around the leader" thing hasn't worked, perhaps because he's not showing leadership.

Expect lots of election fraud and voter suppression from the GOP. In the past it was things like polling sites in Democratic areas mysteriously having problems on election day. Plus opportunities abound for things like this with write-in ballots - West Virginia Mail Carrier Admits Attempted Election Fraud

• Agree
Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Kind of weird to support a man who killed more Americans than most of our wars....

Most?

Covid-19 has more U.S. deaths than any war except for the Civil War and WW II. It will probably pass both of those for combat deaths as long as we only count Union deaths in hte Civil War.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

This is a distinct possibility. The professional basketball (NBA) and hockey (NHL) seasons that were suspended might successfully complete their seasons suspended in mid-March and baseball (MLB) might be able to complete its shortened season before things go sideways, but the challenge is football.

Assuming things don't go wrong before football starts in early September, the college (through Nov.) and NFL seasons could proceed OK into October and then as outdoor living ends for the winter and the flu season begins, things get worse and those leagues fall apart, just before election day.

Giving people on edge (which we are) hope (Disney is open, sports are coming back, schools are about to return) and then dashing those hopes (Football cancelled, schools close again, etc.) can have a devastating impact on moral, and with it confidence in the national leadership.

Short version: The return of sports could blow-up Trump's reelection hopes if they then are cancelled weeks before the vote.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟321,445.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
This is a distinct possibility. The professional basketball (NBA) and hockey (NHL) seasons that were suspended might successfully complete their seasons suspended in mid-March and baseball (MLB) might be able to complete its shortened season before things go sideways, but the challenge is football.

Assuming things don't go wrong before football starts in early September, the college (through Nov.) and NFL seasons could proceed OK into October and then as outdoor living ends for the winter and the flu season begins, things get worse and those leagues fall apart, just before election day.

Giving people on edge (which we are) hope (Disney is open, sports are coming back, schools are about to return) and then dashing those hopes (Football cancelled, schools close again, etc.) can have a devastating impact on moral, and with it confidence in the national leadership.

Short version: The return of sports could blow-up Trump's reelection hopes if they then are cancelled weeks before the vote.

College football has already changed. Several conference are playing league games only. No USC Notre Dame game this year. The last time that happened was 1945 when travel was far more difficult and there was and WW II as still going on.

Also big names in every sport have opted out of playing this year. The only sport that I know of that has not had at least one case of Covid-19 reported is Formula 1 racing. But that was several days ago. That may have changed by now.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
College football has already changed. Several conference are playing league games only. No USC Notre Dame game this year. The last time that happened was 1945 when travel was far more difficult and there was and WW II as still going on.

Oh how will we live without USC-ND :scratch:

It would serve ND right if every conference canceled non-con and ND was left with no one to play. (Or maybe they'd get their 5 pseudo-conf games with the ACC) They should have joined the MAC when they had the chance.

Upvote 0

JustSomeBloke

Unacceptable Fringe Minority
Site Supporter
Sep 10, 2018
My Home
✟177,126.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The events that will re-elect Trump have probably already happened, and other similar events may occur before November that will further boost Trump's re-election. Those Americans who do not live in the less salubrious areas of Democrat-run cities were able to ignore the decades of mismanagement that made parts of those cities intolerable to all those who value law and order. Not any more. There is a real risk that rioting, looting, arson, and shooting will spill over into other areas, including residential areas. Incidents like this could happen to anyone in future, because law and order is breaking down. It would be absolute madness to vote for a political party that is pandering to those engaging in destruction, pillaging and murder. Covid will seem like a minor threat when Biden's re-election further emboldens the Bolshevik Liberation Movement, Burn Loot Murder rabble.

P.S. I stopped believing opinion polls some time ago. I don't think they're reliable anymore.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Something similar to the Clinton email links at just the right time maybe? Anything that might convince anyone on the fence not to bother voting.

Upvote 0