What Ellen G. White Says About Sabbath Observance

Do you agree with Ellen G. White's statement?

• YES

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • NO

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
(2 John 4-6)

As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Have we heard it from the beginning? I guess John's disciples did.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It has given me great joy to find some of your children walking in the truth, just as the Father commanded us. And now, dear lady, I am not writing you a new command but one we have had from the beginning. I ask that we love one another. And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.
(2 John 4-6)

As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

Have we heard it from the beginning? I guess John's disciples did.
Yes, love is shown through our obedience to God’s commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes, love is shown through our obedience to God’s commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome.
That's because the command is to love.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You might want to read it again. The command is to keep the commandments and doing so is love. Do we show love when we obey or disobey?

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

Love God...the first Commandments. Love your neighbor...the last Commandments. The Sabbath in the middle joining loving God and loving your neighbor. On these hang all the law and the prophets :)

• Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, like they were invented in the New Testament...Yeshua taught Torah

That sounds sort of Messianic rather than Eastern Orthodox. Whatever the case it's practically impossible for me to follow what you're saying. Like the other fellow on this page, it's too abstract.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
until you understand what the first commandment is, and the division it causes when not kept, you can not understand what the law is and why when it is kept becomes a rest to us ...

The fist commandment is "You shall have no other gods before me". I was saying the fourth commandment is what gets focused on so much, while the rest of the law hardly gets mentioned. Meaning it's like the fourth commandment is the supreme law that outshines all the others. And in Ellen White's vision, that's exactly what happened.

A division exists because there is an orthodox understanding that has existed since the beginning, which is held by most Christians. And then there's an unorthodox understanding that came along much later that's only held by a few.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fist commandment is "You shall have no other gods before me". I was saying the fourth commandment is what gets focused on so much, while the rest of the law hardly gets mentioned. Meaning it's like the fourth commandment is the supreme law that outshines all the others. And in Ellen White's vision, that's exactly what happened.

A division exists because there is an orthodox understanding that has existed since the beginning, which is held by most Christians. And then there's an unorthodox understanding that came along much later that's only held by a few.

i am referring to the first time the law was spoken to Adam, of which the ten commandments are mans perception of ...

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i am referring to the first time the law was spoken to Adam, of which the ten commandments are mans perception of ...

That's gobbledygook to me because I have a foundation in orthodoxy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That sounds sort of Messianic rather than Eastern Orthodox. Whatever the case it's practically impossible to follow what you're saying.

You asked "you mean like as in new covenant". I said I thought you meant they were new commandments, as in first mentioned in the NT. I said they were from Torah originally, so Yeshua was teaching Torah, not something new.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,944.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To illustrate how things you say sound to me compared to the decades of orthodox teaching I've received.

i see the 66 books as one singular cohesive narrative which defines itself ... to add anything to it corrupts it and it becomes of no effect ...

it would appear that the women added to Gods words pertaining to the tree, but then both Jesus and Paul echoed her words ...

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You asked "new as in what". I said I thought you meant they were new commandments, as in first mentioned in the NT. I said they were for Torah, so Yeshua was teaching Torah, not something new.

Jesus gave us a new covenant which fulfilled the old covenant. Not abolished, fulfilled. Jesus is the fulfilment of the Torah. If the law started with Adam, then the law was fulfilled in Jesus. 1 Corinthians 15 etc. That's the Orthodox view. If you want to take an abstract and/or unorthodox view, that's fine, but I'm not going to keep trying to figure it out. Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,071.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i see the 66 books as one singular cohesive narrative which defines itself ... to add anything to it corrupts it and it becomes of no effect ...

it would appear that the women added to Gods words pertaining to the tree, but then both Jesus and Paul echoed her words ...

Whatever. I give up trying to figure out abstract comments like that. Have a blessed day.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.