✟150,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
For me:

Traditional art - pencil for sketches and shading, pen for outlines, colored pencil for coloring
Digital art - SAI (a digital art program) and a Wacom tablet

I have used other tools in the past but these are my favorites to use.

Also, what do you most enjoy drawing? Characters and animals are what I like to draw the most and am best at.

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me:

Traditional art - pencil for sketches and shading, pen for outlines, colored pencil for coloring
Digital art - SAI (a digital art program) and a Wacom tablet

I have used other tools in the past but these are my favorites to use.

Also, what do you most enjoy drawing? Characters and animals are what I like to draw the most and am best at.
I have a basic sketch pad and some Faber-Castell penicls in a tin. I've only just began and tbh I'm having trouble comitting to it. Ideally I'd like to draw buildings, landscapes and furniture. I can't even draw a half-decent circle and my shading looks very bad.

I only got the pencils because they were half price. My plan is to become a joiner so that's what sparked my interest in drawing

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
For traditional art, I mainly use pencil, pen or a sharpie for outlines. I sometimes also use various sizes of Micron markers for outlines, and Prisma color markers for adding color.

For digital art, I use SketchUp, Blender 3D (for making vector-based textures, but it also supports drawing via a grease pencil), GIMP and Paint.net. I also downloaded the program Inkscape, which I still need to lear how to use, lol.

Lately, I mainly enjoy doing small drawings, to visual something I'm working on. I also like to draw random things like buildings, objects, etc.

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟874,352.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For digital I either use an old wacom pen tablet. Or I just draw with the mouse. Which is strange because I am left handed and draw with the wacom with my left hand. But I use a mouse with my right hand. It still largely works though. It is whatever you practice. In fact I often use both at the same time!

I use Corel Photopaint, Coreldraw (vector), and Corel Painter. They each have advantages over the other.

Other times I might use Gimp for a particular function, but rarely.

Lately I have also done digital painting on my Nintendo 2ds XL. My son bought it for me because he wanted to play some video games together. However, it also has a stylus. I use the Colors3d app and really like it. It has all the simple tools you need, with basically no extras. And it is great for packing a lot of power into a small package. I think of it as almost like a watercolor travel palette but without the need for paper, etc. And the buttons are great for quick undo, size adjustments, color picking etc. The only draw back is that the maximum output size is somewhat limited, but since it is vector based (but performs more like raster) you can still export to about wallpaper size.

For traditional, just whatever strikes me at the time. Ballpoint pen, water or pigment based pens, brush pens, pencil, crayon, color pencil, etc. Lately I have enjoyed just using a dry erase marker and then taking a photo of the results, cleaning it up or coloring it digitally, etc. and then you have wasted no paper, and have a picture you can email to anyone.

I try a bit of watercolor painting and such as well.l

Subjects, people, animals, landscapes. But I do not do well at architecture (practicing), and I need more practice building out full scenes.

Upvote 0