What does Trump need to do so as to raise his approval rating?

jax5434

Nov 27, 2007
✟31,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Keep his campaign promises.
1.He promised cheaper health care with better coverage. Where is it?
2. He promised tax reform. Instead he offers tax cuts for the wealthy and tax increases for the middle class.
3. He promised infrastructure repairs. No action yet.
4. Release his tax returns and resolve his business conflicts.
5. Break up with Putin

God Bless
Jax

Upvote 0

majj27

Mr. Owl has had quite enough
Jun 2, 2014
✟82,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'd be pleasantly surprised if he cut his support for the tax plan. Looking at how it is constructed and it's potential effects, it looks rather horrible.

Other than that, I'm not certain, as I've disagreed with a LOT of his choices and actions so far.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
He needs to stop tweeting immediately.

Then he needs to start acting like a president in a dignified manner without constantly putting people down or seeking ego stroking. He then needs to work with both parties to encourage the sort of compromise that real governance is all about.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
5. Break up with Putin

Not too sure about that one.

Working together they could get a lot done. True, Putin is not on our side but, he does still carry much weight in the world.

I think that even Putin knows that a strong America in many ways helps him and his country???

He would probably like to make some deals with Trump??? I do trust Trump's negotiating skills.

Noted Trump is very rough around the edges but, that is what my wife prayed for before she found me.

Watch what you pray for.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You know when @brinny mentioned the approval ratings don't make sense there is some validity in that statement. I don't put must trust in all these ratings. Just look at what happened in the Election. Everyone was saying that Hilary Clinton had the Election pretty much wrapped up and the majority of the ratings then showed that as well. What happened.... She didn't win. I don't trust the ratings as being 100% accurate at all.

Neither do i.

It doesn't add up.

He just had a successful trip to China, bonded a respectful relationship with this key world power, and while he was there, was instrumental in getting the 3 athletes who stole from an exclusive shop near the hotel where they were staying, released.They were quite possibly facing 10 years of hard labor in a Chinese prison.

It doesn't make sense.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,013.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To truly repair our infrastructure is going to cost a whole lot of money and a truly done to the degree needed each taxpayer will feel the punch in a big way.
That contradicts his grand Tax Cut scheme which is already due to put the country even deeper in debt - especially for our children. It doesn't help that the middle-class components expire while the one percent components are forever.

Some of the free programs might have to be cut and we know that no one likes that especially if it's their program.
What "free" programs? Most of them are cost effective.

We need to plant more of those Money Trees as soon as possible.
Good idea.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Neither do i.

It doesn't add up.

He just had a successful trip to China, bonded a respectful relationship with this key world power, and while he was there, was instrumental in getting the 3 athletes who stole from an exclusive shop near the hotel where they were staying, released.They were quite possibly facing 10 years of hard labor in a Chinese prison.

It doesn't make sense.
Others don't find that as persuasive as you and do not approve of the president, how does that not add up?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Neither do i.

It doesn't add up.

It doesn't make sense.

That's all very true brinny but, we must realize that at least (at this time) many here in the United States refuse to give Trump credit for anything good.

Our stocks have never done better but, some still give credit for this to Obama. Our stockbroker laughs at that idea and could not wait for Trump to get into office just as many others.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
brinny said:
Neither do i.

It doesn't add up.

It doesn't make sense.
That's all very true brinny but, we must realize that at least (at this time) many here in the United States refuse to give Trump credit for anything good.

Our stocks have never done better but, some still give credit for this to Obama. Our stockbroker laughs at that idea and could not wait for Trump to get into office just as many others.

M-Bob
That's all very true brinny

Yes. It IS true.

That's why none of this makes ANY sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not too sure about that one.

Working together they could get a lot done. True, Putin is not on our side but, he does still carry much weight in the world.

I think that even Putin knows that a strong America in many ways helps him and his country???

He would probably like to make some deals with Trump??? I do trust Trump's negotiating skills.

Noted Trump is very rough around the edges but, that is what my wife prayed for before she found me.

Watch what you pray for.

M-Bob

I agree that he is "rough around the edges".

That's why he's President, and none of the other Republican candidates are. And that is because it took a "rough around the edges" candidate who had the guts to speak out about what ev'ry other Republican candidate wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole.

That's why they all fell like flies.

One-by-one.

"Approval ratings" could not be relied on before he was President. They were dead wrong.

So much for "credibility" of "approval ratings" and the glaring discrepancy of what these "approval ratings" are now, regarding President Trump.

There's something seeeeriously a-miss here.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Neither do i.

It doesn't add up.

It doesn't make sense.

Except that was a direct contradiction of one of his campaign promises, where he stated that the Chinese were currency manipulators and he was going to hold them accountable and fix the trade deficit. Instead, while the deals may overall be good, if anything they will make the trade deficit worse and he's done nothing about their currency manipulation.

• Winner
Reactions: RogerRoger
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Except that was a direct contradiction of one of his campaign promises, where he stated that the Chinese were currency manipulators and he was going to hold them accountable and fix the trade deficit. Instead, while the deals may overall be good, if anything they will make the trade deficit worse and he's done nothing about their currency manipulation.

Was President Trump's visit to China a failure?

In addition, there's also that glaring little detail about 3 athletes released, and home now.

Bad move on Trump's part?

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Focus on infrastructure and energy projects and job creation in these areas.

A lot of our bridges and underground water pipes need massive repairs. I'm a retired Civil Service employee and repaired water lines, valves etc. Some here in San Diego are 100 years old and breaking daily.

Seems all politicians of the past have spoken of fixing these problems but, when they leave office it seems not much really happened.

Admitted, Trump has also been talking big regarding these matters let's see what he can do or will do.

M-Bob

Isn't this more of a state by state issue even down to the local when it comes to infrastructure and the likes? My local Gov takes out of my sales tax, for example, portions to fix the roads and parks among other things.

I don't see how this is a Trump issue. This has been going on for a very long time before Trump. I see this as a state issue. California is a good example of misuse and high state debt. I know states get subsidized by the feds but the states also collect on you as well to pay for things like roads.

California has extremely horrible roads whereas Nevada does a good job in maintaining them (sorry California people its just that that state is a pretty big target to pass up with all its mess).

No, not a Trump issue. I don't like Obama as a president and it wasn't an Obama issue either. This is a state issue down to the local. They need to buck up and stop their ridiculous mismanagement of funds.

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
start acting Presidential.

How does he do that?

Letting the media destroy him with accusations?

That has been the problem the media has elevated itself ABOVE the law of decency, morality and the legal law.

Look at what they did for Obama by not reporting correctly about his violating the rule of law with his phone and pen.

Why have they not reported on the robust economy that we have now under President Trump?

We do not elect the press yet they are trying to control all aspects of our lives.

MAGA it is happening domestically and Internationally.

IMHO Satan controls the media.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
He needs to stop tweeting immediately.

Then he needs to start acting like a president in a dignified manner without constantly putting people down or seeking ego stroking. He then needs to work with both parties to encourage the sort of compromise that real governance is all about.

Without the tweets his message would not get out as the media does not report his message. So are you in favor of the media running this country like they did for Obama.

Did Obam work with both parties? Is that what you mean "start acting like a president" doe as Obama did?

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Without the tweets his message would not get out as the media does not report his message.

The president has many other avenues to board cast his message but the usage of twitter is not the issue, his posting juvenile comments unbecoming of an adult with any self respect is.

Granted anytime the president is out in public and off script he's no better, like his speech to the BSA...

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, as it stands today Trump's approval rating is 38%.

To improve on this what do you think he needs to do?

Seems for one thing he needs to appeal to ones other than his base. Some of the softer ones who voted for Trump are slowly drifting away, yet his base stands strong.

His tax plan needs to get approved.

He needs to implement some type of program to take care of the DACA children -- young adults. This I think would bring to him many new voters in the next election.

As soon as possible get a medical program in place so as to replace Obamacare.

M-Bob
Build that wall, that is the only way. I'm not a supporter but this is the key to his agenda, he either builds that wall or goes down in flames. I cannot believe he didn't make this a major selling point of the budget process. If this tax plan goes down this administration is a lame duck on an epic scale, what on earth was he thinking, he has to build that wall.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The president has many other avenues to board cast his message but the usage of twitter is not the issue, his posting juvenile comments unbecoming of an adult with any self respect is.

Granted anytime the president is out in public and off script he's no better, like his speech to the BSA...

Board cast?

Upvote 0