What does this text have to do with prayer?

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Daniel 10:11-13, “And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia [a demon] withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael [an archangel], one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.”

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Daniel 10:11-13, “And he said unto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee am I now sent. And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling. Then said he unto me, Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand, and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words. But the prince of the kingdom of Persia [a demon] withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael [an archangel], one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.”

The prayer was in the previous verses. Daniel prayed for understanding, among some other things. This verse was the angel speaking.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I believe it tells us that now more than ever we all need to recognize that we are in a spiritual warfare position. It tells me that it is amazing how many times the Devil can short circuit our prayer life.

One of the reasons that public prayer and church prayer meetings are so dead is because those who go to them say some pretty little prayers without the concept of the situation that they are in.

Prayer has been been made fun of in todays society. Most of the prayers I hear are ones of FLOWERY words or THEOLOGICAL words instead of words from the heart.

Real prayer is and should be agonizing.

IT has to be to get through the spiritual barriers Satan puts up. It can not be done with fancy language.

2 Corth 10:3-5...……..
"For thought we walk in the flesh we do not war after the flesh":
For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exaleth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ".

Upvote 0