What does the word "perfect" or perfected, or perfection mean by original languages in...

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What does the word "perfect" or perfected, or perfection mean by original languages in scripture, and by God's definition of the word...?

How can we be perfect but different...?

Does God define perfect differently from any language we have and know of...?

What is perfect...?

Lastly, how do you define perfect...?

Comments...? Discussion...?

Peace,

God Bless!

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Well, to start with, Jesus tells all disciples: "you must be perfect, because your Father in heaven is perfect".
So
(1) It is possible.
(2) It is only for those who are born of the Father in heaven.
(3) Whatever it means, as God says it,
we are to be perfect as He is , in His Purpose and Plan. (not as men perceive perfect , obviously , ... )

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, to start with, Jesus tells all disciples: "you must be perfect, because your Father in heaven is perfect".
So
(1) It is possible.
(2) It is only for those who are born of the Father in heaven.
(3) Whatever it means, as God says it,
we are to be perfect as He is , in His Purpose and Plan. (not as men perceive perfect , obviously , ... )
You mean to be like him (God)...?

And us all...? Even if that were possible, we would all be the same, which is very unlikely...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
You mean to be like him (God)...?
As He Says. It is His Word.
And us all...?
No. Read it again.
Even if that were possible,
He Says it is.
we would all be the same,
:) ..... sigh...... it is wonderful and beautiful when brethren are seen in union with Jesus.
No, they do not look the same,
Yes, they are all in union, in perfect harmony, as God Plans and Accomplishes This.
which is very unlikely...
When did God's Purpose, Plan and Salvation

ever become unlikely ?

When did God EVER, concerning anything, NOT do as He Says ?

Notice as God Says, was already seen, in Scripture.

Some people never see it in their lifetime, in anyone around them, but it
is clearly seen in ACTS, EPHESIANS, PHILIPPIANS, et al when God's People
Lived as God Says to.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
As He Says. It is His Word.

The enemy says it too, wish to explain that...?

No. Read it again.

All Christians or true Christians then...?

He Says it is.

Mentioned above...

:) ..... sigh...... it is wonderful and beautiful when brethren are seen in union with Jesus.
No, they do not look the same,

I said "be" the same, not look the same, in their essence and being and personality/perspective(s)/points of view, attitudes, all of it, who they are, will all be the "same"... ?

Yes, they are all in union, in perfect harmony, as God Plans and Accomplishes This.

Union how...? Perfect harmony how...?

When did God's Purpose, Plan and Salvation ever become unlikely ?

When we began to redefine his definition of perfect maybe, I don't know, and that is mainly what I want to be my focus here, in this thread...

When did God EVER, concerning anything, NOT do as He Says ?

And God will make us all perfect...? Or do we...? And, what will that look and be like...?

Notice as God Says, was already seen, in Scripture.

Some people never see it in their lifetime, in anyone around them, but it
is clearly seen in ACTS, EPHESIANS, PHILIPPIANS, et al when God's People
Lived as God Says to.

So, to be perfect means to live as God says to...? In his word or by personal revelation from the H.S.

Or does it mean to "be" as God says we should be? To live, do, and be as he says...?

No one can live up to it you know...?

Everyone besides Jesus, in the Bible, all except Jesus were not "perfect" according to how God is perfect, they made mistakes, they had prejudices, the were only men, imperfect still sinful, whether they knew it or not, "men", only made perfect for and in the moments for the tasks at hand needed to completed by God, by the H.S...

Look, Do you happen to know what the word(s) translated "perfect" originally were or meant by chance...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Union how...? Perfect harmony how...?
In Scripture, God's Word, God says how. Repeatedly. Over and over and over again.
For a pleasant (and distressing) reading time, look up "in union" on a Bible search
and
see how often GOD SAYS His people were living in union ,
in union with His Son Jesus,
on earth
in the assemblies.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And God will make us all perfect...? Or do we...? And, what will that look and be like...?
God accomplishes this.
Most people refuse God.

It will look like the assembly of believers all through the NEW TESTAMENT (and actually Old Testment also, at times anyway)...

and when you meet and see them, you will know it - even unbelievers recognize it when they see believers whose lives are
nothing at all like the lives of others around them,
and nothing at all like the lives before they became believers - a total life change accomplished by God, by His Will and His Purpose, by 'birthing' His children - i.e. being born again.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You can listen to the enemy if you want to, free will and all.
That's what most everyone does -
it is the wide road that is popular.
And is death, destruction.
Whatever...

Can you or someone on here at least answer as to the word "perfect" at least...?

I don't want to get derailed from that right now...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
God accomplishes this.
Most people refuse God.

It will look like the assembly of believers all through the NEW TESTAMENT (and actually Old Testment also, at times anyway)...

and when you meet and see them, you will know it - even unbelievers recognize it when they see believers whose lives are
nothing at all like the lives of others around them,
and nothing at all like the lives before they became believers - a total life change accomplished by God, by His Will and His Purpose, by 'birthing' His children - i.e. being born again.
I hate to say this, but, none of them are actually sinless, they might be close, but all miss, have missed, and will miss, the mark...

People being very fickle and all, they were not sinless their entire life, or even from a certain point onward in their life either...

If they did manage to be, for a time, it would be on some days, or some periods of time, and some not, just the way it is... And that is the way they were, the way we all are...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I hate to say this, but, none of them are actually sinless, they might be close, but all miss, have missed, and will miss, the mark...

People being very fickle and all, they were not sinless their entire life, or even from a certain point onward in their life either...

If they did manage to be, for a time, it would be on some days, or some periods of time, and some not, just the way it is... And that is the way they were, the way we all are...

God Bless!
See why not to put man's meaning in God's Word ?
It looks like you flipped "perfect" into "sinless" .

Realize few in Scripture were perfect as God says; they were(are) blameless in the assembly of saints, in the ekklesia.

Most people don't want to give up their sins - sinning is a habit they enjoy - so they keep on willingly sinning.

Some repent, stop sinning willingly, stop sinning over and over and over again without repenting.
When they repent, they enjoy the 'perfect' fellowship in union with Jesus and the other believers.
It is the narrow road, not many find, to life Jesus is.

"Perfect"? I never worried about what it meant -
I just believed Jesus when He said it,
and believed God when He said it,
knowing that they know what they mean.(and they do).

Same with All of Scripture - God's Word - Perfect and Truth, All.

It is men who mess up.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does the word "perfect" or perfected, or perfection mean by original languages in scripture, and by God's definition of the word...?

How can we be perfect but different...?

Does God define perfect differently from any language we have and know of...?

What is perfect...?

Lastly, how do you define perfect...?

Comments...? Discussion...?

Peace,

God Bless!
"Completed" is a better word especially seeing our definition of perfect means no flaws. God can be perfect (no flaws) but we can not be.

H8549
tâmı̂ym
BDB Definition:
1) complete, whole, entire, sound
1a) complete, whole, entire
1b) whole, sound, healthful
1c) complete, entire (of time)
1d) sound, wholesome, unimpaired, innocent, having integrity
1e) what is complete or entirely in accord with truth and fact (neuter adjective/substantive)

Strong's adds the idea of "without blemish."

Context, as is the case with any word seeing all words have more than one meaning, drives the definition. We are to seek perfection (innocence, being in accord with truth or fact) but when somebody is said to be perfect, the Strong's addition (above) is probably not applicable because until we are changed (made incorruptible) we are not without blemish. Forgiven? Yes! Belonging to God? Yes! But not "perfected" yet. God is perfect in the sense we use the word today... and we are to strive for perfection but won't get there until He makes us that way.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As far as "perfect", remember the "perfect" athlete , Jim Thorpe ?
Or
any of many others before and after him.

God's Gift to have talent and ability.

Did they have to practice ?

(maybe only 4 to 10 hours per day, for years ! )

DOing what is right and
not doing what is wrong
Wisdom, experiential knowledge, endurance, long suffering, experience, joy, peace, righteousness
all
in what God calls perfect.

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe our imperfections makes us perfects in a strange way, Maybe we are perfect because we are not perfect. We as humans are not perfect, we never will be, but what would it look like if we were, we would not learn anything, and the point is knowledge. We would not know good if we did not know bad, everything in this world is Yin and Yang, doublesided, except God. I i know i will never be perfect, maybe that knowledge is the biggest knowledge to becomming perfect:)

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Maybe our imperfections makes us perfects in a strange way, Maybe we are perfect because we are not perfect. We as humans are not perfect, we never will be, but what would it look like if we were, we would not learn anything, and the point is knowledge. We would not know good if we did not know bad, everything in this world is Yin and Yang, doublesided, except God. I i know i will never be perfect, maybe that knowledge is the biggest knowledge to becomming perfect:)
Maybe... but when God perfects us (makes us incorruptible) we will no longer be able to be tempted, no longer be able to sin... we won't be God but we will be "like" Him. :) Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe... but when God perfects us (makes us incorruptible) we will no longer be able to be tempted, no longer be able to sin... we won't be God but we will be "like" Him. :) Blessings.
I hope so, but it seems to me it will not be in this life, but the life beyond. I´m a little strange:) i believe we are here alone, that God does not interfear much in our lives, to get us to understand and take responsibility for the life we have received, to become wiser. But i could be wrong.... Blessings to you too

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Maria.V.H, post: 71141173, member: 394977"]I hope so, but it seems to me it will not be in this life, but the life beyond. I´m a little strange:) i believe we are here alone, that God does not interfear much in our lives, to get us to understand and take responsibility for the life we have received, to become wiser. But i could be wrong.... Blessings to you too[/QUOTE

How good a shepherd would Jesus Be if He left us sheep in the midst of wolves , all alone ? !
His Repeated Promise in One verse, not just twice emphasized, no,
but 3 times (or more) :

Hebrews 13:5Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

.....be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have];
for He [God] Himself has said,

I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support.

[I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
and Jesus Promise :
RSV
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”
RSVCE
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age.”
TLV
teaching them to observe all I have commanded you. And remember! I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
VOICE
Then disciple them. Form them in the practices and postures that I have taught you, and show them how to follow the commands I have laid down for you. And I will be with you, day after day, to the end of the age.

Matthew 28:20Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

20 Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you [a]all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. [c]Amen (so let it be).
Footnotes:

Matthew 28:20 John Wycliffe, The Wycliffe Bible.
Matthew 28:20 Webster’s New International Dictionary offers this phrase as a definition of “always.”
Matthew 28:20 Some manuscripts do not contain this ending.

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
QUOTE="Maria.V.H, post: 71141173, member: 394977"]I hope so, but it seems to me it will not be in this life, but the life beyond. I´m a little strange:) i believe we are here alone, that God does not interfear much in our lives, to get us to understand and take responsibility for the life we have received, to become wiser. But i could be wrong.... Blessings to you too[/QUOTE

How good a shepherd would Jesus Be if He left us sheep in the midst of wolves , all alone ? !
His Repeated Promise in One verse, not just twice emphasized, no,
but 3 times (or more) :

Hebrews 13:5Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

.....be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have];
for He [God] Himself has said,

I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support.

[I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!]

-----------------------------------------------------------------
and Jesus Promise :
RSV
RSVCE
TLV
teaching them to observe all I have commanded you. And remember! I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
VOICE
Then disciple them. Form them in the practices and postures that I have taught you, and show them how to follow the commands I have laid down for you. And I will be with you, day after day, to the end of the age.

Matthew 28:20Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

20 Teaching them to observe everything that I have commanded you, and behold, I am with you [a]all the days (perpetually, uniformly, and on every occasion), to the [very] close and consummation of the age. [c]Amen (so let it be).
Footnotes:

Matthew 28:20 John Wycliffe, The Wycliffe Bible.
Matthew 28:20 Webster’s New International Dictionary offers this phrase as a definition of “always.”
Matthew 28:20 Some manuscripts do not contain this ending.
Yes, that´s nice, God is with us, i know he is, that was not what i meant, i meant that we live our lives the way we want to, we have the freedom to do what we wan´t. That is why this earth is not perfect, because we make it that way. God does not come and make it all perfect, he let us live the lives we have choosen so we can decide what is right and wrong, not by dictatorship but by knowledge by experience. That is why he does not interfere much i think, so we can get the experiences we need. Learning by doing just like children:)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
i meant that we live our lives the way we want to, we have the freedom to do what we wan´t
Per the thread OP/ TITLE,
the people doing what the want is what the people got punished for.
Ananias and Saphira died at once when confronted,
and the assembly in Corinth had many who were sick and dying for it.
i.e. the opposite, almost , of perfect --- instead of being good testimony, and seeing joy, peace and healing, (daily),

they had dis-harmony, arguments, sickness, anger, divorce and death
when the people disobeyed God's Instructions.

Upvote 0

Maria.V.H

Feb 1, 2017
Denmark
✟34,519.00
Country
Denmark
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Per the thread OP/ TITLE,
the people doing what the want is what the people got punished for.
Ananias and Saphira died at once when confronted,
and the assembly in Corinth had many who were sick and dying for it.
i.e. the opposite, almost , of perfect --- instead of being good testimony, and seeing joy, peace and healing, (daily),

they had dis-harmony, arguments, sickness, anger, divorce and death
when the people disobeyed God's Instructions.
Fine, i will get punished for what i´m doing wrong then, so be it, but we all go against Gods Instructions.. No one is perfect..

Upvote 0