What does the overall story of God tell us about the heart of God...? Did he change...?

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That He truly cares about His children, so that one of us harms another of us, He cares about that.

He lets us have natural consequences of our actions, like a perfect parent, yet also will in key ways rescue us if we rely on Him in trust. He comes to the aid of those who trust and love Him (and to love Christ includes keeping His commandments Christ said in the Gospel of John).

He patiently chose a man of great faith -- Abram -- and through him and his descendants brought both the Rule of Law (law superior even to the King), and also aid to those that trusted in Him, and in time, a Savior, for all humankind, to help us in our failures, and help us be born anew, to help restore what was lost.

Overall, He shows us Justice and Mercy, both, and both show His great love.

He is very forgiving to those who confess and turn to Christ, and remembers our sins no more. What amazing Grace!

From Isaiah 55 NIV to the wonderful saving grace of the New Testament, we have so much to be grateful for, and best of all is just to abide in His love.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
That He truly cares about His children, so that one of us harms another of us, He cares about that.

He lets us have natural consequences of our actions, like a perfect parent, yet also will in key ways rescue us if we rely on Him in trust. He comes to the aid of those who trust and love Him (and to love Christ includes keeping His commandments Christ said in the Gospel of John).

He patiently chose a man of great faith -- Abram -- and through him and his descendants brought both the Rule of Law (law superior even to the King), and also aid to those that trusted in Him, and in time, a Savior, for all humankind, to help us in our failures, and help us be born anew, to help restore what was lost.

Overall, He shows us Justice and Mercy, both, and both show His great love.

He is very forgiving to those who confess and turn to Christ, and remembers our sins no more. What amazing Grace!

From Isaiah 55 NIV to the wonderful saving grace of the New Testament, we have so much to be grateful for, and best of all is just to abide in His love.
Are Christ and the Father (YHWH) different, cause they seem to be almost polar opposites at times...? How are they the same...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Those were their (Father and Son's) "feelings" in the OT, which I guess we did, and do need to know... His/their stance on sin and or moral issues, ect... But also, how they felt afterward, and after that was done and shown, despite those former feelings that they had that we needed to know and had to be expressed though...

So did he/they change, or did his/their feelings change, but not their stance on moral issues and/or sin...?

If their feelings did change, but not their stance on moral issues and/or sin, what does that mean for us...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
What does the overall story (Old Covenant and New Covenant) (OT and NT) of God, taken as a whole, tell us about the "heart" of God...? Or his feelings toward us...?

Did he change at all ever...?

Comments...?

God Bless!
No, I don't think he changed. I think he had it all planned before anything in the Old Testament took place. I believe the Lord is motivated totally by love. That doesn't mean he won't discipline us, for our own good.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No, I don't think he changed. I think he had it all planned before anything in the Old Testament took place. I believe the Lord is motivated totally by love. That doesn't mean he won't discipline us, for our own good.
YHWH and Christ seem so very different though...? How are they the same...? It is easy to see how the man, Jesus, is Love, but/and a bit harder to see how the God, YHWH is that (Love), and even harder still to see how they (YHWH/Jesus) are the same (one)...?

Don't you think so sometimes...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
YHWH and Christ seem so very different though...? How are they the same...? It is easy to see how the man, Jesus, is Love, but/and a bit harder to see how the God, YHWH is that (Love), and even harder still to see how they (YHWH/Jesus) are the same (one)...?

Don't you think so sometimes...?

God Bless!
Part of love is implementing discipline. I don't think Jesus disputed this.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Part of love is implementing discipline. I don't think Jesus disputed this.
The way YHWH implemented discipline, and the way Jesus did (if he even did) were very, very different, like near polar opposites sometimes...? Don't you think so...?

How do we explain this...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
The way YHWH implemented discipline, and the way Jesus did (if he even did) were very, very different, like near polar opposites sometimes...? Don't you think so...?

How do we explain this...?

God Bless!
Jesus and God each warn us about hell. They just have different ways of doing so.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If they are one, they were always one right...?

But who's will was being done...? I can imagine them having conversations (God the Father and God the Son) in their head... "Father, what is your will...? My will is your will Son..." Then, in time, the Son maybe saying, "My will now has to be your will now Father... Please, we can't just do my will anymore or all the time now, make it your will Father, and make your will known now, we have to now Father...

This "my will is your will" thing is just not working anymore, I'm out of options, it has to be your will now Father, make your will known apart from mine now, oh please, Father... We just can't do it this way anymore, we need your will now, now oh Father, please...

You've told me "my will is your will" and I've faithfully followed that always making sure it was your will also first, and you have let me know every time that it is, or has been (or was), but now, now things have to change Father... I've faithfully followed your will, now take over now Father, and don't, and I know you won't let me down...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus and God each warn us about hell. They just have different ways of doing so.
There was no such thing as heaven or hell or eternal life or the afterlife in the OT, was there...?

If they have different ways of doing so, then are they different...?

And if they are one, then they were always one and were the same (person, entity, God) in the OT also right...? So the way they acted/reacted behaved in the OT was both of them's (feelings, emotions, actions, reactions, behavior, "whatever")...

They were exactly the same and in the same container in the OT, so why does the Son part of that God in the OT seem so different from the NT version of him/them...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dreadnought

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
There was no such thing as heaven or hell or eternal life or the afterlife in the OT, was there...?

If they have different ways of doing so, then are they different...?

And if they are one, then they were always one and were the same (person, entity, God) in the OT also right...? So the way they acted/reacted behaved in the OT was both of them's (feelings, emotions, actions, reactions, behavior, "whatever")...

They were exactly the same and in the same container in the OT, so why does the Son part of that God in the OT seem so different from the NT version of him/them...?

God Bless!
Yes, I believe they have always been one.
I believe the role of Jesus, in part, was to set an example for us. He was a teacher.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, I believe they have always been one.
I believe the role of Jesus, in part, was to set an example for us. He was a teacher.
Jesus should not be any different, in any way at all, at anytime, from YHWH, if they truly never change, and truly have always been "one" and the exact same and never change...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus came to give His life as a ransom for many. He did not come to judge or condemn but to save that which was lost.

Considering that God sent Jesus and Jesus plainly said that He only said and did what the Father told Him to say and do defeats any argument that they are or ever were different.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are Christ and the Father (YHWH) different, cause they seem to be almost polar opposites at times...? How are they the same...?

God Bless!

Jesus said that all His own Words came from the Father. That He and the Father were one (which I think of as being in one accord, as one, perfectly of one mind together about things, but there may be more of course!).

I don't know of anything that seems otherwise to me, and I've been reading through the Old Testament again for the first time in a long while, and am about 1/2 or more through. Have you read Isaiah chapter 55? It's quite a blessing to read! I linked it above.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus came to give His life as a ransom for many. He did not come to judge or condemn but to save that which was lost.

Considering that God sent Jesus and Jesus plainly said that He only said and did what the Father told Him to say and do defeats any argument that they are or ever were different.
Yet they do seem to be, if your gonna be honest that is... and if you are being honest, you should be able to tell us how they always were and are always the exact same and never changed at all ever...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus said that all His own Words came from the Father. That He and the Father were one (which I think of as being in one accord, as one, perfectly of one mind together about things, but there may be more of course!).

I don't know of anything that seems otherwise to me, and I've been reading through the Old Testament again for the first time in a long while, and am about 1/2 or more through. Have you read Isaiah chapter 55? It's quite a blessing to read! I linked it above.
As "one God", including in the OT, that never changed or changes ever, even in, and especially from, the OT to the NT...?

You truly don't see any differences...? (between YHWH and Jesus)...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

DavidFirth

Saved by the blood of the Lamb
Site Supporter
Nov 8, 2017
North Georgia
✟47,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yet they do seem to be, if your gonna be honest that is... and if you are being honest, you should be able to tell us how they always were and are always the exact same and never changed at all ever...?

God Bless!

Well, if you turn off your tv, radio and access to media there seems to be peace in the world, too.

It does not seem they are different to me. Jesus told some people that harlots would enter the kingdom of heaven before they did. If Jesus was such a great guy to everyone, then why did his own people and the Romans kill Him?

Upvote 0