What Does the Grace of God Teach Us?

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

Titus 2:11-14 "The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope— the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

While cynics may claim that the grace of God implies a license to sin, in fact the grace of God teaches just the contrary. For the hope it invokes in view of the promise of eternal life motivates one to godly living. The promised inheritance is not just a promise of forgiveness, but also a promise for freedeom for sinfulness itself. There will not be sin nor the temptation to sin. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1Peter 1:3-5 Likewise the grace of God frees us from putting our hope in the material or temporal. There will be no need for money, food, transportation or the like. There will be no insecurity or other things which in the present age the world makes into idols or as motivations to sin.

Paul also writes, "What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under law, but under grace? May it never be! Don't you know that to whom you present yourselves as servants to obedience, his servants you are whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?" Rom 6:15,16

So why be slaves to sin? What has sin ever done for you but brought corruption. The grace of God ensures a fate free from sin. So let's prepare for that destiny by living appropriately as children of God.

What has the grace of God taught you?

The Berean Christian Bible Study Resources

• Agree
Reactions: SkyWriting

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Titus 2:11-14 "The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope— the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good."

While cynics may claim that the grace of God implies a license to sin, in fact the grace of God teaches just the contrary. For the hope it invokes in view of the promise of eternal life motivates one to godly living. The promised inheritance is not just a promise of forgiveness, but also a promise for freedeom for sinfulness itself. There will not be sin nor the temptation to sin. "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept by the power of God through faith for salvation ready to be revealed in the last time." 1Peter 1:3-5 Likewise the grace of God frees us from putting our hope in the material or temporal. There will be no need for money, food, transportation or the like. There will be no insecurity or other things which in the present age the world makes into idols or as motivations to sin.

Paul also writes, "What then? Shall we sin, because we are not under law, but under grace? May it never be! Don't you know that to whom you present yourselves as servants to obedience, his servants you are whom you obey; whether of sin to death, or of obedience to righteousness?" Rom 6:15,16

So why be slaves to sin? What has sin ever done for you but brought corruption. The grace of God ensures a fate free from sin. So let's prepare for that destiny by living appropriately as children of God.

What has the grace of God taught you?

We are to judge sin in ourselves, but never in others.

James 4:17

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

1 Samuel 16:7
But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the Lord sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.”

Jeremiah 31:31-34
“Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, not like the covenant that I made with their fathers on the day when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, declares the Lord. But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they shall be my people. And no longer shall each one teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, declares the Lord.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Titus 2:11-12 is a passage I use against those who believe in Faith Alone. For when a person says "Faith Alone" they are saying they do not need to worry about sin, or doing good for the Lord as a part of His salvation. Yet, Titus 2:11-12 says God's grace teaches us to deny ungodliness, and that we should live righteously and godly in this present world.

Upvote 0