What does the God of the creation think about homosexuality?

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What does the God of the creation think about homosexuality? He is very clear on identifying the act of homosexuality as a sin. If an individual sows iniquity, they will reap corruption. Those of us that believe and know the Truth are not careful to say…“There is a pestilence in the land because of ‘homosexual’ activity.” There has been an increase in the acceptance of homosexuality in our country as indicated by the figures collected by the U.S. Census. The U.S. Census Bureau reported that, “The number of American households reporting same-sex partners skyrocketed over the past decade.” The Census counted 1,933 same-sex couple households last year in Vermont, up from an estimated 370 in 1990, a fivefold jump. Delaware had an even greater increase from an estimated 212 to 1,868 households, a nearly nine fold increase. Vermont and Delaware were the first states to receive the latest wave of data, with all 50 to get the material by late August. Four months before Vermont's civil union’s law took effect, the Census Bureau asked Americans questions designed to get the best picture yet of how many live with a partner of the same sex. Unmarried partner statistics in 1990 were based on a sample of responses; 2000 figures were based on a count of all households. Fewer than 5 percent of the country's unmarried partner households in 1990 were made up of same-sex couples. Comparable numbers for 2000 will not be known until all state figures are released. As the statistics indicate, there is a wave of acceptance of homosexuality in our country. While same-sex couples in the United States historically have been denied

Legal recognition, in 2004, Massachusetts enacted legislation making same-sex marriage legal. Since then, several other states (and the District of Columbia) have passed similar laws. As a result, the number of same-sex couples who select the relationship category “husband or wife” is expected to increase as well. Recent estimates from the U.S. Census Bureau’s American Community Survey (ACS) suggest that the number of same-sex couples reporting “husband or wife” is much larger than the actual number of same-sex couples legally married in the U.S.
Even though the masses may accept this let’s see what the Most High God thinks about this subject. We will take a look at the Law first. Once we have established homosexuality as being a sin, then we will look at the Lord’s wrath being poured out because of this abomination. Let’s go into Leviticus the 20th chapter and read the 13th verse.

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. (Leviticus 20:13)

“….they shall surely be put to death...” Being that we are under the new covenant, which are the same laws that were given to Moses, no man is clean enough to put anyone to death, the Lord will take care of that Judgment.
He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses (Hebrews 10:28.)
It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God (Hebrews 10:31).

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remains no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Bro.T

Bible Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2008
U.S.
✟149,668.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
We must remember brothers and sisters, Moses was on mount Horeb for forty days and forty nights. He received many more laws than the Ten Commandments. For example, there were more laws made between Moses and the Lord that were not classified as one of the ten. Take a look at Deuteronomy 29:1:
These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb. (Deuteronomy 29:1)
Notice what the scripture says, “beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.” We see that other Laws were given to Moses alongside the covenant (Ten Commandments). An individual might say, “Those laws were for the tribes of Israel.” Well, let’s see if the Lords laws only apply to the sons and daughters of Jacob.
Ye shall have one manner of law, as well for the stranger, as for one of your own country: for I am the LORD your God. (Leviticus 24:22)
One manner of law for Israel, as well as for the rest of the sons of Adam. Let’s back up to Leviticus the 18th chapter and start at the 22nd verse.
Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion. Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you: (Leviticus 18:22-24)

Note what the scripture says, “Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.” Note something else in this set of scriptures. “Defile not yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you.” This statement should have a person shaking in their boots.

When the Lord cast out the Canaanites, He sent the children of Israel into these countries to cast these nations out because of sin. The sons of Jacob did not go alone to do battle. His mighty angels went with them as long as they kept themselves from sin. This is not a game sisters and brothers; the God of the creation is serious. When He returns at His second coming He will deal with man face to face. We must keep ourselves from willful sin. But, people try to make excuses for everything that is contrary to the word of God. As seen by modern medicine’s explanation of homosexuality: “With the birth of modern psychiatry, homosexuality came to be viewed widely as less a sin than a sickness. This attitude derived from unscientific research into the origin and nature of homosexuality, unscientific because based solely on studies of maladjusted psychiatric patients. Theories arising from such research suggested that disorders in family relationships, particularly mother-son relationships, give rise to homosexual behavior. Such theories, based on the assumption that homosexuals are necessarily psychologically abnormal, are not convincing. Quote from Grolier multimedia encyclopedia).

Why isn’t this thought convincing? Take a look at this verse in the book of James.
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:14-15)

Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see the homosexual person as like me, you and everyone else.

I see the homosexual acts as like committing adultery, murder, any evil deed, etc...

We should not esteem ourselves higher than anyone else in this world. We are filthy ourselves apart from the mercy of our Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

CountryElder

11 Timothy 2:15
Apr 16, 2013
Central Indiana
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Homosexuality is a sin as defined in scripture, but we somehow imagine God having a rating system on sin. When Jesus was asked concerning adultery, He refined it to include an impure look. How often do you hear of a "haughty look" as being an abomination to God? :holy:

CE

Upvote 0

Mazzaroth

слон
Mar 23, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVXWBZ5gM4Q http://
✟8,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What did Jesus Christ specifically say about it? Do you know it's okay to simply not have an opinion about something? When people ask me what I think about gay marriage, I tell them that I simply DON'T think about it, because I really don't. I have absolutely no opinion about a lot of things, and it's okay to simply say "I don't know" sometimes. You have to bear in mind that as a Christian you are not of the same world as, well, the rest of the world. The rest of the world is not under the same laws as you and they have the right to live their lives the way they choose. If the person(s) in question is a Christian themselves then perhaps that is a different story, because then they ARE a part of the same world as you and the same expectations that you must adhere to apply to them as well.

These kinds of things, however, and not things you should dwell on:

Psalm 1:1 (KJV)
"[sup]1[/sup]Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."

Don't mistake this as guile or underhanded acceptance of it or anything, but the narrow path is slim enough as it is without worrying about non-Christian lifestyles.

Philippians 2:12 (KJV)
"[sup]12[/sup]Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling."

Upvote 0

QueSi

Jan 15, 2013
Mississippi
✟2,027.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
He thinks the same as farmers that gather up all of their crops...

"19:9 And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest."

And people who hate others...

"19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him."

And apparently people who shave their heads, beards or have invasive surgery.

"21:5 They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their flesh."

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuality is a sin as defined in scripture, but we somehow imagine God having a rating system on sin. When Jesus was asked concerning adultery, He refined it to include an impure look. How often do you hear of a "haughty look" as being an abomination to God? :holy:

CE

Hi CE, I wonder if you can give a scripture that says homosexuality on its own (without the homosexual acts) is a sin. I think I have asked this previously from other people who say the same thing as you. I would be greatful if you can point the scripture to me. If there is such a verse then I have missed it in the bible. And nobody has given me the verse yet.

I, myself, do not think there is a rating system on sin. It is either you sinned or you did not.

Upvote 0

CountryElder

11 Timothy 2:15
Apr 16, 2013
Central Indiana
✟15,165.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi CE, I wonder if you can give a scripture that says homosexuality on its own (without the homosexual acts) is a sin. I think I have asked this previously from other people who say the same thing as you. I would be greatful if you can point the scripture to me. If there is such a verse then I have missed it in the bible. And nobody has given me the verse yet.

I, myself, do not think there is a rating system on sin. It is either you sinned or you did not.

Hello friend! You and I both know the verses from both Old and New Testaments (Leviticus, Romans, etc) but the entire scripture is based on God's creation and purpose in Genesis. God made them male and female, God only gave the blessing of regeneration to that model, both in nature and humanity. New Testament qualifications of Pastors, Elders and Deacons all recognize this God given combination. Your question is interesting though. Apart from the physical act, what constitutes a homosexual? As I quoted earlier, Jesus pointed out the physical act isn't necessary to commit the sin.

CE

Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Your question is interesting though. Apart from the physical act, what constitutes a homosexual? As I quoted earlier, Jesus pointed out the physical act isn't necessary to commit the sin.

CE

This is true. To dwell upon a lustful thought is to sin. To rebuke it and cast it aside is to stand up to the temptation - this is hard, for anyone. To dwell o the lustful thought is sinful be it for the same sex or the opposite sex.

To act on that lustful thought for anyone but our spouse is also, more evidently to us as humans, sinful - be it with the same sex or the opposite sex.

What constitutes a homosexual apart from the physical act? Simply the fact they are attracted to others of the same sex, and not to those of the opposite sex. This is not demonstrably sinful of itself - just as the same applies to a straight individual does not sin merely by being attracted to the opposite sex.

I can desire a cigarette, but if I cast that thought aside, rebuke the temptation, if I do not act on it - either in the physical or in my mind - where is the sin?

Is this not the same? A desire is a desire regardless of objective, is it not? And the way to avoid a sin is the same regardless of temptation - cast it aside from your mind, rebuke the temptation, and move away from the cause.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theophilus40

Nov 6, 2012
✟8,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Here is an excellent place to help understand homosexuality from a Christian perspective.

Welcome to TfT | True freedom Trust

True freedom Trust (TfT) is a confidential Christian support and teaching ministry for men and women who accept the Bible's prohibition of same-sex practice and yet are aware of same-sex attractions, or struggle with other sexual and relational issues. We also offer support to families, friends and church leaders of those who face these issues in their lives. Click on About us to find out more about TfT and click Contact TfT to get in touch.
If you'd like to get a taste of our teaching, you may like to listen to this talk, given by our Director, Jonathan Berry.
pastor_silhouette_black.png

Are you struggling with unwanted same-sex attractions?
Start by reviewing our list of articles or true stories.

Interested in joining a support group?
Click here to see a map of our Barnabas Groups in the UK.
couple-silhouette.png

Does someone you love struggle?
Here are pages of particular interest to parents, spouses and ministers

Upvote 0

theophilus40

Nov 6, 2012
✟8,807.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God made all people sinners. If we accept this as "fair," I don't see the issue with God making people pervs, liars, narcissists, etc.
God didn't make anyone a sinner. Adam and Eve chose to sin and as a result all of their descendants are now sinners.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Apr 14, 2011
✟9,428.00
Faith
Christian
I see the homosexual person as like me, you and everyone else.

I see the homosexual acts as like committing adultery, murder, any evil deed, etc...

We should not esteem ourselves higher than anyone else in this world. We are filthy ourselves apart from the mercy of our Lord Jesus.

What is a practising murderer that continues to kill another for enjoyment?
What is a practising gay who continues to do what he enjoys?

Neither repents.

How do those two differ?

Upvote 0

Stones

Feb 13, 2006
Perth
✟759.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Guilty, Guilty, Guilty...Seems that is all Christianity wants to promote. We are all filthy and guilty. What a ridicules guilt trip. It reminds me of one of my Children trying to Guilt trip me into doing what they want me to do.

I wonder if the animals that act in homosexual ways feel guilty? does god hold them Accountable? Is God guilty of sin for creating homosexuals born with same sex attraction? I wonder if the lion feels guilty for killing the humble innocent deer? The whole thing is so anciently ignorant that it is astonishing to see such educated people believing in such ridicules nonsense...

Upvote 0

Stones

Feb 13, 2006
Perth
✟759.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
What is a practising murderer that continues to kill another for enjoyment?
What is a practising gay who continues to do what he enjoys?

Neither repents.

How do those two differ?

they differ dramatically because one is victimising an innocent person and the other is hurting no body at all.

Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello friend! You and I both know the verses from both Old and New Testaments (Leviticus, Romans, etc) but the entire scripture is based on God's creation and purpose in Genesis. God made them male and female, God only gave the blessing of regeneration to that model, both in nature and humanity. New Testament qualifications of Pastors, Elders and Deacons all recognize this God given combination. Your question is interesting though. Apart from the physical act, what constitutes a homosexual? As I quoted earlier, Jesus pointed out the physical act isn't necessary to commit the sin.

CE

But where are the verses? If there are none then I cannot simply accept someone's own opinion. I go by the word of God in the bible and not inferences of mere men. I need the verses to be able to even consider what you are claiming.

Upvote 0

trulyconverted

Nov 21, 2012
Earth
✟8,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is true. To dwell upon a lustful thought is to sin. To rebuke it and cast it aside is to stand up to the temptation - this is hard, for anyone. To dwell o the lustful thought is sinful be it for the same sex or the opposite sex.

To act on that lustful thought for anyone but our spouse is also, more evidently to us as humans, sinful - be it with the same sex or the opposite sex.

What constitutes a homosexual apart from the physical act? Simply the fact they are attracted to others of the same sex, and not to those of the opposite sex. This is not demonstrably sinful of itself - just as the same applies to a straight individual does not sin merely by being attracted to the opposite sex.

I can desire a cigarette, but if I cast that thought aside, rebuke the temptation, if I do not act on it - either in the physical or in my mind - where is the sin?

Is this not the same? A desire is a desire regardless of objective, is it not? And the way to avoid a sin is the same regardless of temptation - cast it aside from your mind, rebuke the temptation, and move away from the cause.

Exactly.

Upvote 0