What does the Bible say about illegal immigration?

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and that's a reasonable point of view.

But...what if after God gave Israel this law:

33“ ‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God."

What if then suppose Israel made up a new law that only some foreigners would be allowed to visit, just a secular law from the current King at some point?

Would you if you were a priest, knowing God's Law, feel ok about the new law from the King allowing only some foreigners to visit?

(In the U.S. we have of course both visas and green cards)

Now, suppose after the King made his secular law, not from God, but just his own made up law, that some foreigner came into Israel 'illegally' (by the King's own made up secular law), and you then had to choose, personally whether to obey the King's law, or God's Law....

Always obey god
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If a cruel murderer lied and somehow managed to convince the court that he's insane and evaded just punishment, it's a big sin and injustice. Christians have no business taking part in those things in any way.
Apples and oranges. To compare families who go through complex processes by the properly constituted authorities to determine if they can remain in a country with the case of 'a cruel and insane murderer' is apples and oranges.

I think you and I should concentrate on the local church's priority of the Great Commission of Matthew 28.18-19.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps the permissive will of God in an imperfect world is also being done? :)

After all, you and I were imperfect -
to say the least - and God sent His Son to be the Saviour.

Foolishness and hypocrisy in the square! Should we abolish all laws? Murder, steal, rape, no problem? Grace of God covers all? Nonesense! God gave us the law and it is there to be obeyed, not spat upon.

People can believe in Jesus anywhere. They don't have to immigrate for that. In fact, religious persecution is a large chunk of cases. Most of them pure fraud... Again, those who are in REAL need don't get to the shores of safe countries. They end up being suffering and dead most of the time. Whom we see are con artists. Sin!

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Foolishness and hypocrisy in the square! Should we abolish all laws? Murder, steal, rape, no problem? Grace if God covers all? Nonesense!

People can believe in Jesus anywhere. They don't have to immigrate for that. In fact, religious persecution is a large chunk of cases. Most of them pure fraud... Again, those who are in REAL need don't get to the shores of safe countries. They're up being dead most of the time. Whom we see are con artists. Sin!
You will have to accept that those who have been duly processed are allowed to stay. It's not our priority anyway, if we are local church Christians witnessing to them.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whom we see are con artists.

Well, if you would, go and test this by meeting some refugees first hand. Such as in an event to welcome them into the community.

There are web sites to aid in welcoming refugees.

How about some Coptic Christians from Egypt, for example. Wouldn't it be nice to meet some of these refugee Christians that fled the persecution?

• Winner
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will have to accept that those who have been duly processed are allowed to stay. It's not our priority anyway, if we are local church Christians witnessing to them.

I will only have to accept God's word. It's a sin to break the laws. I can't smash windows of a store and help myself to the products. I can't take somebody's wife forcefully. I can't come to a country illegally. Period.

Some people choose to commit those sins and crimes. It's between them and God. Church must not take part.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Illegal immigrants are ecinomic migrants who did not have the money and legal grounds to immigrate, but have a huge zeal to immigrate. They chose to abuse the system.
Those for whatever reason have been allowed to stay by the proper authorities can do so, without the label 'illegal'. Again, for you and I, if we are Christians in a local church with witnessing responsibilities, it's not our priority.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
......... it is a sin, rebellion against God, to illegally enter another country.
Absolutely correct. Illegal immigration is a sin on the part of those doing it. There can be no scripture based argument that argues against that fact.
What does the Bible say about illegal immigration?
It says that it is sin.

It says that people should not sin.

It says that we Christians can cause others to stumble (sin). It tells us not to do that. It tells us that we will be judged for doing so.

"Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!" Matthew 18:7

Therefore a Christian who plays any part - by word or deed - in either causing or enabling the sin of illegal immigration will answer to God for doing so.

The Bible couldn't be more clear on the subject to anyone with ears to hear what the Spirit says to the Church.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will only have to accept God's word. It's a sin to break the laws. I can't smash windows of a store and help myself to the products. I can't take somebody's wife forcefully. I can't come to a country illegally. Period.
You yourself would going against God's Word if you continue to pressurize people to whom the properly constituted authorities have given leave to remain, clemency permanent residence, or whatever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those for whatever reason have been allowed to stay by the proper authorities can do so, without the label 'illegal'. Again, for you and I, if we are Christians in a local church with witnessing responsibilities, it's not our priority.

Yes, if a murderer avoids a proper court sentence by pretending to be insane or by escaping from prison then somehow buying fredom, he's free indeed.

Free of crime or sin? No.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely correct. Illegal immigration is a sin on the part of those doing it. There can be no scripture based argument that argues against that fact.

It says that it is sin.

It says that people should not sin.

It says that we Christians can cause others to stumble (sin). It tells us not to do that. It tells us that we will be judged for doing so.

"Woe to the world because of its stumbling blocks! For it is inevitable that stumbling blocks come; but woe to that man through whom the stumbling block comes!" Matthew 18:7

Therefore a Christian who plays any part - by word or deed - in either causing or enabling the sin of illegal immigration will answer to God for doing so.

The Bible couldn't be more clear on the subject to anyone with ears to hear what the Spirit says to the Church.
You yourself would going against God's Word if you continued to pressurize people to whom the properly constituted authorities have given leave to remain, clemency, permanent residence, or whatever.

I've worked for years with Latin American immigrants. Sometimes it can take a long, drawn out procedure with much paperwork and research for the competent authorities to decide whether or not a particular family's status conforms to regulations for settlement or not.

Meanwhile the local church's priority is to fulfill the Great Commission of Matthew 28.18-19.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, if a murderer avoids a proper court sentence by pretending to be insane or by escaping from prison then somehow buying fredom, he's free indeed.

Free of crime or sin? No.
Murderers and families migrating? apples and oranges.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Murderers and families migrating? apples and oranges.

No. Sin is sin. Whitewashing one sin, but to uphold another is hypocrisy. It's become the trademark of the Western world. Double standards.

Illegals bring crime, economic burdens, they undercut local workforce, they prevent those who are in REAL need to come. They are killing real suffering potential refugees indirectly.

All of the above is nothing the church should be a part of in any shape or form. God is just.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No. Sin is sin. Whitewashing one sin, but to uphold another is hypocrisy. It's become the trademark of the Western world. Double standards.

Illegals bring crime, economic burdens, they undercut local workforce, they prevent those who are in REAL need to come. They are killing real suffering potential refugees indirectly.
You yourself would going against God's Word if you continue to pressurize people to whom the properly constituted authorities have given leave to remain, clemency permanent residence, or whatever.

Migrating families = murderers??

I don't understand your approach to interpreting the Bible.

I do't understand your approach to basic civics.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The system here is totally skewed big time. Overly benevolent to illegals, but very strict towards those who have the legal grounds to immigrate and are doing it honestly. The system throws the book at the good guys, but closes its eyes to the crimes of the truly bad ones and eagerly welcomes them.

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Migrating families = murderers??

I don't understand your approach to interpreting the Bible.

I do't understand your approach to basic civics.

Law is law. Illegals must be deported. It's God's law. No, I will never support those, who came in illegally, but got legalized through fraud and lies. It's just against everything God is teaching us. You do as you wish, the blood of the REAL suffering is on your hands in that case.

Sinful human nature will abuse everything that's good...

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Law is law. Illegals must be deported. It's God's law. No, I will never support those, who came in illegally, but got legalized through fraud and lies. It's just against everything God is teaching us. You do as you wish, the blood of the REAL suffering is on your hands in that case.
The Lord Jesus said: "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." (Matthew 5.7)

Upvote 0

Ματθαίος

Nov 6, 2017
Καναδάς
✟19,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord Jesus said: "Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy." (Matthew 5.7)

Mercy is no excuse for sin and disobeying the law. It's just plain wrong.

The Lord Jesus said:

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

"And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0