What Does The Bible Plainly And Really Say About This/That?

Loveaboveall

Mar 14, 2007
✟8,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What does the Bible really say about women preachers/ministers/evangelists? Plenty. There shouldn't be any preaching from the pulpit at all. Only men should do that because Paul said through God by the Holy Spirit in 1 Timothy 2:12 that "I do not allow them (women) to teach (preach) or to have authority over men; they must keep quiet." It is okay if a woman is supervisor, chairman, president or CEO of a company/corporation, principal, doctor, governor, Congresswoman, delegate, senator, Secretary of State (or any Secretary), queen, princess, prime minister, or even President of The United States. But she is not allowed to preach God's Word in the church or anywhere. She is also not allowed to be an elder (pastor) or a deacon either. It is entirely unscriptual. She can be a Sunday school teacher as long she doesn't teach men. She can teach other women and children as well. Feel free to leave comments...I'll have more later, Lord willing.
My friend... I know that there are many women that have a very deep understanding of biblical things that God has bestowed to them through the Holy Spirit's teahcing. To say that these women cannot teach a man these things is, well, ridiculous. Do you still require a woman to cover her head when she prays? Do women in your church wear pearls. Why would God give a woman the gift of prophecy to just keep what God has shown her to herself? All gifts are for the edification of the church are they not? How is a woman with the gift of prophecy to edify the church if she is not allowed to speak? I would dare say friend that there are many women in the Lord's church who have a much richer understanding of God and His word than you and could teach you many things if only you would listen!

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are there women angels? None whatsoever. I was watching "Touched By An Angel" years ago and I knew something was definitely wrong with this show, which is based out of scripture. So, one day, I talked to my preacher about this and asked him if there are any women angels? He said that angels have no sex but they do appear male/masculine. Every passage in the Bible where they mention angels, every angel is male. Read God's Word and see for yourselves. I will have more later on other subjects and issues.
Angels dont have "genders" so I am sure their features can either be clearly masculine/feminine or a blend.

Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do we really have to pay taxes? Jesus said we have to do it, and He said so in Matthew 22:15-22. He said to the Pharisees, their disciples, and everyone else "Pay to Caesar/the Emperor what belongs to Caesar/the Emperor, and pay to God what belongs to God." What that means is we have to pay Washington/the IRS and our state government what belongs to Washington/the IRS and our state government, and we have to pay to God what belongs to God (in tithes and offerings - Malachi 3:10). We have to pay our taxes even if our taxes are sky high. Think about it. Use your money in God's glory.

Upvote 0

DanielRB

Slave of Allah
Jul 16, 2004
New Mexico
✟18,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Peace, All :wave:

One thing I did this past weekend, because it was mother's day, was to look in the Scripture about mothers.

While the OP is correct that Angels in the Bible were never described as female, sometimes feminine imagry is used about God himself. That's right, God himself (though I'm not sure about saying "God herself").

For example:

Deuteronomy 32:18 (ESV)
18 You were unmindful of the Rock that bore you, and you forgot the God who gave you birth.

Psalm 131:1-3 (ESV)
1 O Lord, my heart is not lifted up; my eyes are not raised too high; I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me.
2 But I have calmed and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with its mother; like a weaned child is my soul within me.
3 O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forevermore.

Isaiah 42:14-16 (ESV)
14 For a long time I have held my peace; I have kept still and restrained myself; now I will cry out like a woman in labor; I will gasp and pant.
15 I will lay waste mountains and hills, and dry up all their vegetation; I will turn the rivers into islands, and dry up the pools.
16 And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them.

Isaiah 49:14-15 (ESV)
14 But Zion said, “The Lord has forsaken me; my Lord has forgotten me.”
15 “Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.

Isaiah 66:12-14 (ESV)
12 For thus says the Lord: “Behold, I will extend peace to her like a river, and the glory of the nations like an overflowing stream; and you shall nurse, you shall be carried upon her hip, and bounced upon her knees.
13 As one whom his mother comforts, so I will comfort you; you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.
14 You shall see, and your heart shall rejoice; your bones shall flourish like the grass; and the hand of the Lord shall be known to his servants, and he shall show his indignation against his enemies.

Hosea 13:8 (ESV)
8 I will fall upon them like a bear robbed of her cubs; I will tear open their breast, and there I will devour them like a lion, as a wild beast would rip them open.

Matthew 23:37 (ESV)
37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!

Note that this also uses the images of a female bear and female chicken. However, I don't think anyone would literally say that God is a giant cosmic chicken or bear. Likewise, it would be foolish anthropomorphizing to make God into some giant cosmic human man or woman.

In Christ,

Daniel

Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus said in Matthew 7:6 "Do not give what is holy to dogs -- they will only turn and attack you. Do not throw your pearls in front of pigs -- they will only trample them underfoot." So, what does that mean? It means we should never be a holier-than-thou and we should never shove God's Word down anyone's throat. If anyone does not want to listen to the Truth (God's Word), respect their wishes and don't do it. Don't push it and don't press. Pray for them that someday before they leave this world they would finally know the truth that will set them free. I will have more later, Lord willing...

Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What does God's Word say about tatoos? You can find that passage of scripture in Leviticus 19:28 which says "You will not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you. I am the LORD." - NKJV. A paraphrased version would say this as well "(Do not) tatoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am the LORD." - TEV. I have seen a report on The 700 Club/CBN News that our brothers and sisters in Christ are getting tatoos with biblical, religious, and spiritual designs. What God said in that scripture is right. We should never get any tatoos at all no matter what it looks like and God means it. If you don't believe me, read that scripture in His Word. I will have more later on this thread, Lord willing...

Upvote 0

Splayd

Just some guy
Apr 19, 2006
✟8,071.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should never get any tatoos at all no matter what it looks like and God means it. If you don't believe me, read that scripture in His Word. I will have more later on this thread, Lord willing...
Hey BlueJay :wave:
I'm a big fan of the OT law... but I'm not sure about that. Let's examine that scripture again:
Leviticus 19:28 which says "You will not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you. I am the LORD." - NKJV. A paraphrased version would say this as well "(Do not) tatoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am the LORD."
Notice the parts I bolded. The verse doesn't say we shouldn't get tattoos. It says we shouldn't get them to mourn the dead.

Let's also consider that verse in context. The verse before it says this:
Lev 19:27 "You shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shall you mar the corners of your beard." - NKJV. The Message says this "Don't cut the hair on the sides of your head or trim your beard."
I trust you approach that verse the same way as the next.

OK - Let's consider what's really going on. Is it really that we can't get tattoos, trim our beards or shave our heads? I'd suggest not. The real issue as I understand it is that they were being told not to imitate the pagan religious practices of the day. Is the message relevant today? Absolutely! But the practices would probably be different.

Peace

Reactions: Sophia7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rrguy

Jul 12, 2007
✟19,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What does God's Word say about tatoos? You can find that passage of scripture in Leviticus 19:28 which says "You will not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you. I am the LORD." - NKJV. A paraphrased version would say this as well "(Do not) tatoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead. I am the LORD." - TEV. I have seen a report on The 700 Club/CBN News that our brothers and sisters in Christ are getting tatoos with biblical, religious, and spiritual designs. What God said in that scripture is right. We should never get any tatoos at all no matter what it looks like and God means it. If you don't believe me, read that scripture in His Word. I will have more later on this thread, Lord willing...

I caught that on the 700 club also. Leviticus 19 Yahweh was speaking to Moses "(Do not) tattoo yourselves or cut gashes in your body to mourn for the dead". Was he not referring to those worshiping false Gods, sacrificing, & involved in witchcraft?
26 "You will eat nothing with blood in it. You will not practise divination or magic.
27 "You will not round off your hair at the edges or trim the edges of your beard.
28 You will not gash your bodies when someone dies, and you will not tattoo yourselves. I am Yahweh.
29 "Do not profane your daughter by making her a prostitute, or the country itself will become prostituted and filled with incest.
30 "You will keep my Sabbaths and revere my sanctuary. I am Yahweh.
31 "Do not have recourse to the spirits of the dead or to magicians; they will defile you. I, Yahweh, am your God.
32 "You will stand up in the presence of grey hair, you will honour the person of the aged and fear your God. I am Yahweh.

Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you ever get angry or have a dispute with your brother or sister in Christ, please don't ever call him/her a fool or even a worthless fool. Jesus warned us in Matthew 5:22 that if we call our brother (or sister) a worthless fool will be in danger of going to the fire of Hell. Please don't ever call anyone a fool. You may never know if that person may be your brother or sister in Jesus Christ. Please watch what you are saying. I'll have more on this thread later, Lord willing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We know that many preachers, ministers, and evangelists are called Reverend. They should never be called reverend because only God should be called that name. If you don't believe me on this, please read Psalm 111:9 and that scripture tells it exactly as it is. David says (in NKJV or MKJV) in this scripture "He sent redemption to His people; He has commanded His covenant for ever: holy and reverend is His name." Don't ever call your preacher a reverend. Call him your brother in Jesus Christ. I'll have more on this thread later, Lord willing...

Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What does the Bible really say about baptism and is baptism essential to and for salvation? Let's take a look...

Jesus commanded baptism and He commanded it in Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:16, and John 3:5

Let's look further...

Start at Ephesians 4:4-6 - "There is one body and one Spirit, just as there is one hope to which God has called you. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism; there is one God and Father of all mankind, who is Lord of all, works through all, and is in all."

"One baptism"? The Greeks have a word for immerse (baptizo), one for sprinkle (rantizo), and one for pour (cheo), and one for any one of the above (hundriano). The only word used in the Bible to describe Christian baptism is "baptizo (immerse)".

Baptism is by immersion and you will find out the truth about it in Acts 8:32-40, Acts 18:7-8, and Romans 6:1-5.

Sprinkling and pouring became a substitute for immersion in 753 AD (over 700 years after the first Church was started and the first 3,000 Christians were immersed). Pope Stephen II allowed the monks of Cressy in Brittany to sprinkle the head in the case of necessity. By the year 1311 AD, the Roman Catholic Church held a Council at Revenna and legalized sprinkling or pouring as a substitution for immersion (Edinburgh Encyclopedia).

In Matthew 15:9, Jesus said "It is no use for them to worship Me, because they teach man-made rules as though they were My laws! (TEV)"
In the NIV, Jesus said "They worship Me in vain, their teachings are but rules made by men."

Even top religious leaders and founders of different denominations knew the Truth:
John Calvin (Presbyterian) said: "The word 'baptize' signifies to immerse. It is certain that immersion was the practice of the primitive church."
Martin Luther (Lutheran) said: "Baptism is a Greek word, and may be translated 'immerse'. I would have those who are to be baptized be altogether dipped."
John Wesley (Methodist) said: "Buried with him by baptism - alluding to the ancient manner of baptizing by immersion."

Which baptism (sprinkle, pour, or immerse) requires the following seven (7) points:
1) water - Acts 8:36
2) much water - John 3:23
3) going down into the water - Acts 8:38
4) coming up out of the water - Matthew 3:16
Baptism is also symbolic of the following:
5) Rebirth - John 3:5, 22-26
6) Death, burial, and resurrection - Romans 6:3-11
7) Washing away of sins - Acts 22:10-16 (In 2 Kings 5, remember the story of how Naaman was cleansed of his leprosy when he obeyed Elisha and dipped (immersed) seven (7) times in the Jordan River? Would he have been healed if he refused?

Baptism started with John the Baptist
1) Commanded by God first to the Jews (Luke 7:29-30)
2) It required water (John 1:31)
3) It was for the forgiveness of sins if the person was repentant (Luke 3:3)
4) It took the place of circumcision - it was the seal of a new Covenant (Colossians 2:9-15)
5) It was symbolic of a rebirth (John 3:3-5) in order to get into God's kingdom
6) Jesus was baptized (Mark 1:9) and also baptized (John 3:22) more than John (John 4:1)
7) Then after Jesus died on the cross and rose again, He commanded everyone of every nation (Jews and Gentiles) to be baptized in order to be a disciple (Matthew 28:18-20). He promised they would then receive forgiveness of sins and the Holy Spirit, and the first 3,000 people to become Christians obeyed and were baptized (Acts 2:38)
8) Those who wanted the Holy Spirit and had only been baptized by John's baptism, were rebaptized (Acts 19:1-5) to become part of Christ (Galatians 3:26-28)
9) Some say Gentiles didn't need the water they were baptized with the Holy Spirit (Acts 10:44-48)

Baptism is part of the Plan of Salvation
Mark 16:16 - "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved; whoever does not believe will be condemned."
Now, if we can read between the lines of this scripture, Jesus would say in addition to what He said: "Whoever says they believe but have not been baptized is not saved and is still condemned." and this is true.
1 Peter 3:21 (NIV) "And this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also - not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

Baptism is a command from Jesus in order to be His disciple (Matthew 28:18-20); and it was a command that the first 3,000 Christians obeyed (Acts 2:38).
Acts 22:16 - "And now, why wait any longer? Get up and be baptized and have your sins washed away by praying to Him."
2 Corinthians 5:17 - "When anyone is joined to Christ, he is a new being; the old is gone, the new has come."

What about all those people throughout history that never were baptized by immersion because they never heard or read the command?
John 12:47-48 (49-50) - "If anyone hears My message and does not obey it, I will not judge him. I came, not to judge the world, but to save it. Whoever rejects Me and does not accept My message has One who will judge him. The words I have spoken will be his judge on the last day!"
John 15:22 (23-24) - "They would not have been guilty of sin if I had not come and spoken to them; as it is, they no longer have any excuse for their sin.
John 9:41 - Jesus answered "If you were blind, then you would not be guilty; but since you claim that you can see, this means that you are still guilty."
Hebrews 10:26-27 - "For there is no longer any sacrifice that will take away sins if we purposely go on sinning after the Truth has been made known to us. Instead, all that is left is to wait in fear for the coming Judgment and the fierce fire which will destory those who oppose God!"
Romans 2:14-16 - "The Gentiles do not have the Law; but whenever they do by instinct what the Law commands, they are their own law, even though they do not have the Law. Their conduct shows that what the Law commands is written in their hearts. Their consciences also show that this is true, since their thoughts sometimes defend them. And so, according to the Good News I preach, this is how it will be on that Day when God through Jesus Christ will judge the secret thoughts of all."

Remember, baptism will not save you. Only the blood of Jesus Christ will save you. The water (anywhere including the baptistery) is the symbolism of and for His blood. Therefore, baptism is indeed essential to and for salvation. If you are not saved, then do exactly as Jesus and the apostles have commanded you in God's Word (and this post) to do to get saved. If you have not been baptized, please get baptized immediately if you want to enter God's kingdom of Heaven. Also remember this: you cannot be baptized just to join a church. It doesn't work that way and it never will. There is absolutely nothing in the Scriptures that says that and teaches that. Read the Scriptures and find out for yourself that baptism is indeed essential to salvation and a must for salvation as Jesus commanded. Baptism is not only a decision but it is also a must. I hope you learned very much from this about baptism. I'll have more on this thread later, Lord willing...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

artogis

Feb 18, 2008
✟7,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I fail to understand why this of any importance. Hollywood's version of God's plan and God's plan have always been at odds.

I don't think there are many people walking around thinking that the drama on "Touched By An Angel" was in any way inspired by God...but then again...God does work in mysterious ways.

Just looking for something to debate about?

Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, Artogis. I'm NOT looking for something to debate about. I'm just showing you what God, Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles really said about what is in the Scriptures/God's Word and I'm telling you the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Everyone including you and I must follow the true sound doctrine of Jesus Christ (1 Timothy 4:13-16, 2 Timothy 3:16-17), and not follow false teachings. I will have more on this thread later, Lord willing...

Upvote 0

BlueJay180

May 15, 2005
West Virginia
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WHAT ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST?
by Dr. Hoyt W. Allen, Jr. executive director of KYOWVA Evangelistic Association in Ironton, Ohio www.kyowva.com

It seems like there has always been a goodly number of folk who want to tell us just when Jesus is coming back. Some of those on the history books have been:

1) William Miller (Seventh Day Adventist founder) who predicted Jesus' return for 1843. When his prediction failed, then he said it was to be in 1844. Well, seemingly, he again missed it.

2) Joseph Smith (Founder of Mormonism) said Jesus was coming in 1891.

3) Charles Taze Russell (Founder of "Jehovah Witnesses") predicted 1914, and then 1917. When Jesus did not appear, he then declared that Jesus came in spirit and only an elect few saw Him.

4) Willie Day Smith (Radio Preacher) of Irving, TX predicted April 1, 1980.

5) Prophet Ralph Cave, Sr., of the "God's Bible Class Church" of Addyston, Ohio, said God told him that God's wrath would begin on June 8, 1980, and end in 1999 at Christ's return.

6) Hal Lindsey (Author of "The Late Great Planet Earth") predicted May 14, 1981.

7) Bill Mauplin (Light House Truth Foundation of Tucson, AZ) predicted June 28, 1981, and then again on August 7, 1981.

8) Galen Bare (Springfield, MO Evangelist) predicted a "Planet Alignment", which would cause a catastrophic "wreck" among the planets. This was to occur at the end of 1982.

9) Thomas W. Staggs (Wichita, KS) said May 15, 1988 would be the end.

10) Edgar C. Whisenant declared Jesus' return in his book "88 Reasons Why The Rapture Will Occur On September 11, 12, or 13, 1988".

11) The Korean based "Coming Days Church", stated that October 28, 1992 would be the day of Jesus' return.

As result of the above predicitions, many have been misled because they do not know that the Scriptures teach (Matthew 24:36) that no one knows when Jesus is coming again. The Bible warns us to beware of false teachers in the following passages: Matthew 7:15, 2 Timothy 4:3, and 2 Peter 2:1. Besides these, there are many other warnings.

As I drove down the road a while back, I saw a bumper sticker on a car stating, "Danger -- in case of rapture, this car will be without a driver." The word "Rapture" is not found in the Bible, but Webster's definition of it is, "the sate of being carried away with love, joy, etc." In other words, the teaching of the Rapture, that is, that God's people will be carried off to an eternal glory is in the Bible, even though the actual word is not in the Bible.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 does teach that the saved (both living and resurrected) will be caught up to meet the Lord in the air at Jesus' coming, but there is no indication that this rapture will be silent and secret so that it leaves those remaining on the earth mystified by their absence (no matter what some preachers, books, or movies teach -- the Bible is not wrong).

In fact, the Bible teaches that the Rapture will be just the opposite. When Jesus comes, He will come with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and the trumpet of God (1 Thessalonians 4:16). Also, the Revelation letter says it shall be a visible coming of Jesus, seen by all. "Every eye shall see Him, and they also that perced Him (Revelation 1:7)." Now, that does not sound like a secret and silent Rapture, does it? Those holding to the Secret Rapture Theory try to say that following this Secret Rapture, there will be seven years of tribulation upon those left (non-Christians). They build this theory from the prophecy of Daniel and Matthew 24:21-28 seemingly not realizing that these scriptures referred to the Jews and the fall of Jerusalem. This false teach of Secret Rapture Theory also promotes that following the seven years of tribulation, Jesus will return with the Saints and set up an earthly Kingdom from Jerusalem for a 1,000 literal years. From this teaching, we get the word "Premillennialism". The Latin word "Millennium" means 1,000 years and the prefix "pre-" means before -- thus it means that Christ is going to reign as King on earth 1,000 years before eternity is ushered in.

This might sound good, but the Bible does not teach that Jesus is coming once for His Saints and then again with His Saints. The passage in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 which is supposed to teach the former says "...God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him" (v. 14 - NIV).; "To be absent from the body is to be at home with the Lord." (See 2 Corinthians 5:8 and Philippians 1:21, 23)

Thus, when the Lord returns, He will be bringing the souls of the dead Saints with Him and He will be coming for the living Saints. Then, the great transforming of mortal bodies into immortal will take place (See 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 and Philippians 3:20-21).

Matthew 13:39-41 says at His coming, He will send angels to gather the wicked and Matthew 24:31 also says when He comes, He will with the sound of a great trumpet send forth His angels to gather His elect (Christians) from all parts of the world.

These holding to the false doctrine of the Secret Rapture point to the statement about one being taken and the other left (Matthew 24:40-41 and Luke 17:34-35) as justification for their teaching. But, the word translated "taken" (Greek - PARALAMBANO), in each of these is the same word which is used in John 14:3, "I will come again and receive myself." These verses may only say that of people who live and work together here, one will be received by the Lord and the other left out when Jesus comes again for His own. Just as people were involved in normal activities (eating, weddings, etc.) prior to Noah's flood - it shall be prior to Jesus' coming (no one shall suspect it). See Matthew 24:36-39!

As we study the Word of God, may we realize that when Jesus comes again, He will come as a thief in the night, or unexpected (2 Peter 3:10). Also that there will not be a secret rapture of His Saints but a universal recognizing Him as Lord of Lords. May the Lord help us to be careful of the many theories that man promotes as though the Bible teaches it in very plain language.

Now, the important question that each of us must answer is - ARE WE READY TO MEET JESUS WHEN HE COMES? The question is not if our spouse is ready, our children, our parents, or neighbors - but are we as an individual ready to meet our Maker.

Upvote 0