London
✟106,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It reads , Even as it has been written , Jacob I have loved but Esau have I hated .

What does hate mean here , and did God Hate Esau ?

What say you ?

dan p

until you begin to learn what Esau is a symbol of, you will never understand this verse ....

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟106,744.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Because I would like to know what you have to say.

:)

Esau in picture is Gods first born (one who tills the ground/labors by thought to be) he like Cain or Ismael symbolic of the natural, which relates to a perception afforded to us by our five husbands/senses and is seen as an elder who serves the younger ...

if you want to know what i have to say you first must cast aside all that you have learned thus far ... most do not get passed even the first line of words i write because they do not understand who the two sons are in relation to themselves ...

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Dan Perez, @messianist
@Clare73, @jamiec
@Paul4JC, @Peter J Barban
@Oscarr, @Guojing
@honey badger

Hello there,

I believe that every word in Scripture, in it's original languages, has it's place, and is important in it's own right: and even if we are not able to read koine Greek or the Hebrew language, we have the means, by the use of Greek and Hebrew interlinear Bibles, to see the original wording, and by means of a concordance see how the Holy Spirit uses them elsewhere in Scripture.

The words in question in this thread, of 'love' and 'hate,' have caused us to stop, consider and question: and I believe that the Holy Spirit used words, and figures of speech for this purpose, to make us stop, consider and question. To take us further, and broaden our understanding. So that is why I believe it is necessary for such words to remain undisturbed.

Forgive me if I have not replied to any responses made to me, but sometimes I think it is best to let the thoughts we have expressed remain as they are, unquestioned and unremarked. For others can read them, and reach their own conclusions, in the light of God's word. For IT alone must be the Arbiter in regard to all of these questions, I believe.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums