Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that is a question many of us either ponder or struggle to answer. At the same time, many men and women have responded to that call. Believe me, I have been one of them. The good news is that it is achievable for everyone. Looking through the lives of many of the saints and those to be, there were three qualities that each of them possessed. Those qualities were humility, daily repentance, and unwavering faith.

Humility comes from the Latin word “humilitas”, which means of this earth. It is a virtue that is commonly meditated on when we pray the first Joyful Mystery of the rosary. The Blessed Mother is the epitome of humbly accepted God’s invitation. Her “yes” changed the world.

Likewise, the saints in our church humbly accepted God’s call. Some were hesitant or scared, yet they took up the gauntlet to follow him. When it comes to explaining the virtue, St. Francis De Sales says that humility is “reached when we not only acknowledge but love our abasement, our pettiness, our embarrassing situations”. St. John the Baptist even sums up the best way to practice this virtue by having us decrease as God increases.

Harry Connick Jr boldly claimed that he’s Catholic but will keep practicing until he makes it right. Many saints in the church were once anti-Catholic or even persecutors. One great example of this class of converts was St. Paul. His letters to the Romans, Corinthians, Timothy, and many others were his call to convert from their evil ways. He persevered despite imprisonment and martyrdom. When a saint repents daily, it shows that he or she is willing to begin again. Even St. Josemaria Escriva reminds us that a saint is a sinner who keeps trying. Strong faith is key to daily repentance.

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: WarriorAngel

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I think that is a question many of us either ponder or struggle to answer. At the same time, many men and women have responded to that call. Believe me, I have been one of them. The good news is that it is achievable for everyone. Looking through the lives of many of the saints and those to be, there were three qualities that each of them possessed. Those qualities were humility, daily repentance, and unwavering faith.

Humility comes from the Latin word “humilitas”, which means of this earth. It is a virtue that is commonly meditated on when we pray the first Joyful Mystery of the rosary. The Blessed Mother is the epitome of humbly accepted God’s invitation. Her “yes” changed the world.

Likewise, the saints in our church humbly accepted God’s call. Some were hesitant or scared, yet they took up the gauntlet to follow him. When it comes to explaining the virtue, St. Francis De Sales says that humility is “reached when we not only acknowledge but love our abasement, our pettiness, our embarrassing situations”. St. John the Baptist even sums up the best way to practice this virtue by having us decrease as God increases.

Harry Connick Jr boldly claimed that he’s Catholic but will keep practicing until he makes it right. Many saints in the church were once anti-Catholic or even persecutors. One great example of this class of converts was St. Paul. His letters to the Romans, Corinthians, Timothy, and many others were his call to convert from their evil ways. He persevered despite imprisonment and martyrdom. When a saint repents daily, it shows that he or she is willing to begin again. Even St. Josemaria Escriva reminds us that a saint is a sinner who keeps trying. Strong faith is key to daily repentance.

Continued below.
I would tuck in a fourth quality that no Saint can be without:

Complete submission of themselves and their life to God.
Without that quality becoming paramount, they face an unending battle between God and Satan, with them in the middle.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would tuck in a fourth quality that no Saint can be without:

Complete submission of themselves and their life to God.
Without that quality becoming paramount, they face an unending battle between God and Satan, with them in the middle.
I wish to remark complete submission protects us from the Lord's enemy, but it also takes absolute endurance to get there. Because the journey includes the enemy wanting to stop you.
He can be ignored via grace. But persevering is where we do our parts. is it easy? It really should be because grace, love, joy et al are too wonderful. However; the enemy seeks weakness to go after.

Put it this way... as children we all 'believed or saw' ourselves in some sorta way that was based around an instance or instances of negativity or down right horrific. Abusive parents, pedophiles, neglect, harsh words, and the enemy plays on those creating triggers which keeps us unhappy and then finding it hard to believe in all the joy of the love of the Lord.

Prayer is the answer. And daily morning prayers to avoid the enemy and remain protected.
And lots of prayer increases our joy.
Novenas and more novenas.

YET we know the enemy tells us it's too hard, too this or that... well then ya know you're doing it right. So persevere.
Also pray for a happy death because in order to have a happy death, you'll have to have a happy life in graces. :crossrc:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Also, we might fear 'teaching' others or looking like this or that. Again the enemy trying to trigger lack of self love.
Climb that mountain... and keep going because the prize is worth even death of the flesh and no more enemy bugging.
Either by constant, reflective, mindful prayer or at death for Him Our Lord or natural.

Peace

Upvote 0