Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i think this phrase is most often used in error - there is no 'conviction' without judgment, and for a reborn believer who looks to Jesus as their substitute, there is no judgment from God.

(Joh 16:7) Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
(Joh 16:8) And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
(Joh 16:9) Of sin, because they believe not on me;
(Joh 16:10) Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
(Joh 16:11) Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

the Holy Spirit reproves or corrects the lost person of not believing in Jesus' atonement as the way to approach God. He corrects the reborn believer that they are righteous in God's eyes because of their substitute, Jesus, not based on their own performance. He corrects everyone that it is the devil that has been judged.

the devil is the accuser; he is the one that points out your faults in order to get you into condemnation and stop your faith in God's goodness toward you.

God's correction is accomplished through His word, as His word is given for instruction. He doesn't say 'stop that sinning', He says 'follow My leading through fellowship with Me'; to the extent that we are led by God, we will not sin.
I like this

Upvote 0

UnprofitableServant

ThyWillBeDone
Dec 10, 2018
Hollywood
✟44,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ok I feel a bit silly but I need the Dummies explanation had I have heard it a lot for example God had convicted me to lose weight, God had convicted me of this type of music etc.

Again please as basic and simple as you can please (just tried to read about it on the net and that really got me know where?) Plus how do you know?

Very confused? :S
God wants us to continually to grow, which means we need to change. We, on the other hand, don't want to change because it will cause us to be better people/Christians. The sin within us wants us to stay how we are.

This conviction you are feeling is God telling you to do something that He knows will be the best thing for you to do. We usually don't want to listen to god when He speaks (because He usually tells us to do something that our flesh doesn't want to do), so we cover His mouth and pretend not to hear.

All this is to say that the conviction you are feeling is something that God wants you to do, but your flesh is fighting it. The way to overcome this is by trusting in God, and by following His conviction.

Jesus taught us to pray that God "leads us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil'. If we are praying this, and we feel that God wants us to do something, then we can be assured that it won't lead us into temptation, rather it will be leading us away from evil and towards God.

Fight the good fight for God!

In peace

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love the reddit "Explain it to me like I'm 5". Getting answers its so easy there lol.

That said yeah its a guilty feeling. For example if you look at inappropriate content and "act on it". After you won't feel good, you will feel a deep sadness... a guilt. God saying "You know what you did was wrong. You need to stop and change things!"

Sort of like during a sermon the pastor says something and you are like "Oh man I do that bad thing hes talking about!" and you feel guilty.

Upvote 0