What does it mean to walk in the Spirit?

alaric

May 21, 2018
Singapore
✟13,224.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Dave L

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi brother,
you are alive to God in Christ Jesus....only because Jesus is alive inside of you. Because Jesus is alive inside of you you are pleasing in Father's sight. He is in you to will and to do for His good pleasure.
What is yielding to His desire?
For me to yield to His desire is to believe that I am just as He is...that I am crucified with Christ...that it is no longer I that live, but Christ who lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith OF the Son of God who exchanged His soul with mine. To yield to God is to believe what He says is true.
I am walking in the S/spirit all the time....and so are you.
The trouble is that Christians are taught that they have evil flesh, a sin nature. Not so!! My flesh is the very flesh of Christ, isn't that what the Bible tells us? Flesh of His flesh and bone of His bones Eph 5--a mystery concerning Christ and the church--of which you and me are members in particular, not just corporately.
The sin nature was put off in Jesus on the cross. A Christian has NO other nature that Jesus Himself inside. The Christian can imagine he has a sin nature if he chooses to...out of ignorance...and in so choosing he/she is guaranteed an up and down walk...and constant condemnation.

Upvote 0

alaric

May 21, 2018
Singapore
✟13,224.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi brother,
you are alive to God in Christ Jesus....only because Jesus is alive inside of you. Because Jesus is alive inside of you you are pleasing in Father's sight. He is in you to will and to do for His good pleasure.
What is yielding to His desire?
For me to yield to His desire is to believe that I am just as He is...that I am crucified with Christ...that it is no longer I that live, but Christ who lives in me, and the life I now live in the flesh I live by the faith OF the Son of God who exchanged His soul with mine. To yield to God is to believe what He says is true.
I am walking in the S/spirit all the time....and so are you.
The trouble is that Christians are taught that they have evil flesh, a sin nature. Not so!! My flesh is the very flesh of Christ, isn't that what the Bible tells us? Flesh of His flesh and bone of His bones Eph 5--a mystery concerning Christ and the church--of which you and me are members in particular, not just corporately.
The sin nature was put off in Jesus on the cross. A Christian has NO other nature that Jesus Himself inside. The Christian can imagine he has a sin nature if he chooses to...out of ignorance...and in so choosing he/she is guaranteed an up and down walk...and constant condemnation.

I understand what you are getting at. You should go look at my old posting about how perfect a christian is in God's sight. As Jesus is so are we in this world. However, some christian do not see themselves as how God sees them because of the sin of the flesh. And they thought that by forcing the flesh to walk the path of righteousness equals to walking in the Spirit. And when they fail, they thought God is disappointed with them. The right response when we sin is to remember that we are still righteous because of Jesus because righteousness is a gift and not depend on our good works and performance.

According to God's word, there is still a part of us that is not perfect (which is the flesh). That is why we still sin even after becoming a new creature. If every part of us is perfect, then there is no need for God to change our bodies in the rapture.

1 Corinthians 15:50-54
I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's my approach to walking in the Spirit.

“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” (2 Corinthians 10:5) (KJV 1900)

We censor every impure thought or imagination. And change the channel in our thinking on any thought that does not conform to obedience to Christ.

And we replace it with:

“Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Knowing Jesus is God and God is love. So Jesus is lord of our lives when love rules our thoughts and actions.

Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
no, the reason why a Christian still sins is because he does not believe and confess Jesus is the only life he has. If you confess and believe that you still have sinful flesh and sinful nature, guess what you will get? If you want to walk in the Spirit dare to believe and confess that you are already perfect even as God says you are. Or keep confessing you have sinful flesh and reap from that confession.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In Galatians we read;

“Having begun in the Spirit”

To know what walking in the Spirit is, one needs to find out what the Galations did at first.

Than a continuation of that would be living in the Spirit.

Blessings,

Much love in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
no, the reason why a Christian still sins is because he does not believe and confess Jesus is the only life he has. If you confess and believe that you still have sinful flesh and sinful nature, guess what you will get? If you want to walk in the Spirit dare to believe and confess that you are already perfect even as God says you are. Or keep confessing you have sinful flesh and reap from that confession.
Except that you have usurpt Christ’s role as mediator. Why do you think that is a part of the church-age? The one-time repentance to justification doesn’t preclude the existence of ongoing sanctification. The mind and spirit can be sinless but in doing so they must be in control of the sinful body of flesh. Can that be done? That’s what Christ accomplished for us but it’s still a battle being waged within.

Upvote 0