Martinez
✟903,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do Christians mean when they say they are saved? I've even heard some of them mention the specific day that they got saved. What does this mean?

Ken
Saved from the second death. Our flesh will die however our spirit lives on. Our spirit's final destination depends on our choice of salvation or not. Jesus Christ of Nazareth paved the way for those who love Him.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe what St. Paul preaches in Colossians 1 is one major example. St. Paul mentions faith in verse 4, hope in verse 5, that we are to love in verse 8, our redemption through Christ’s blood per verse 14, & that we are to continue ( persevere etc.) in this faith per verse 23 as we live out our life. This relates to what St. Paul says in Romans 11:22 although in Colossians the tendency is said in a more universal sense whereas in Romans he is establishing this same universal sense as it unfolded from Jew to Gentile within the overall context of Romans 11.

Also take note of the mention of faith, hope, & love from the chapter in Colossians in relation to 1 Corinthians 13 ( summarized in 1 Corinthians 13:13).

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
To receive the love of the truth.

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 2 Thessalonians 2:10
What does it mean to receive the love of truth?

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Saved from the second death. Our flesh will die however our spirit lives on. Our spirit's final destination depends on our choice of salvation or not. Jesus Christ of Nazareth paved the way for those who love Him.
What does it mean to be saved from a second death if everybody's spirit lives on?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,327.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What do Christians mean when they say they are saved? I've even heard some of them mention the specific day that they got saved. What does this mean?

Ken
I tend to think of being born again, so when I see the term "saved" I imagine one of those old discs you'd put into a computer in the previous generation.

Your data gets saved so it can be translated to the new world where everything is based on God's existence.

In the data conversion, some of the data might be corrupted and not translate over, this corruption is called sin in the teachings.

When we are born again by the Holy Spirit, we are re-created so our "data" is compatible with the new heaven and new earth God is creating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟959,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

NomNomPizza

Feb 23, 2021
Warsaw
✟14,265.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Ken
You get sealed by Holy Spirit and born again obtaining eternal life in that moment of time and since then u have literall God living inside of u

Upvote 0

Rachel20

May 30, 2020
STX
✟58,109.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What does it mean to receive the love of truth?

To receive a truth is to accept it as truth. But only those that love this particular truth will receive it. So what is the truth? Christ said that he is the truth, and what he's told us is the truth - that God is [exists] and is a rewarder of those that diligently seek him. That Christ is his Son who died for our sins and arose and sits at the right hand of the power. That Christ will not reject any that come to him. So read his word, learn the truth, accept it as truth, and live accordingly. And, as someone already noted, the truth is we must be born again.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I tend to think of being born again, so when I see the term "saved" I imagine one of those old discs you'd put into a computer in the previous generation.

Your data gets saved so it can be translated to the new world where everything is based on God's existence.

In the data conversion, some of the data might be corrupted and not translate over, this corruption is called sin in the teachings.

When we are born again by the Holy Spirit, we are re-created so our "data" is compatible with the new heaven and new earth God is creating.
So getting saved is gaining the knowledge based on God's existence?

Upvote 0