What does it mean that the Holy Spirit proceeds "through the Son?"

abacabb3

Jul 14, 2013
✟82,070.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The matter is that this is incorrect theology and it was corroborated by incorrect documents like the Pseudo Athanasian Creed. Just like the incorrect doctrine of Papal Supremacy is corroborated by incorrect documents like the so called Donation of Constantine. For generations otherwise astute theologians like Aquinas or Hildegard of Bingen, unaware of forgery, further advanced incorrect doctrines (again, not their fault).

Now the current attitude is it’s no big deal we can all agree to this. No, we never accepted it when it was supposed to be a big deal & should still reject it when it’s supposedly not a big deal.

I want to stress that I mean no ill will or think this is a good guy vs bad guy conflict. I do not think I have an edge or entitlement to salvation for being Orthodox over other Christians. We also cannot dilute our faith.
Saying that being in the Church offers no "edge" when salvation is only in the Church does dilute the faith, however. The fathers were clearer on this than the Filioque.

Upvote 0