What does it look like not to judge our brother?

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
NOTE: Though my faith icon or whatever we call it now says I'm Catholic, I still consider TAW my home forum, if I'm still welcome here.

Soooo just what the title of this thread says. What does this look like in action? We are all to consider ourselves the chief of sinners (1 Tim 1:15), there is an entire section in the Sayings of the Desert Fathers dedicated to non-judgment, and the Prayer of St. Ephraim has the entire last section dedicated to non-judgment. Does anyone know of any sources from the Fathers or the Saints that discuss this in detail?

Dan1988

Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2018
Sydney
✟204,276.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
NOTE: Though my faith icon or whatever we call it now says I'm Catholic, I still consider TAW my home forum, if I'm still welcome here.

Soooo just what the title of this thread says. What does this look like in action? We are all to consider ourselves the chief of sinners (1 Tim 1:15), there is an entire section in the Sayings of the Desert Fathers dedicated to non-judgment, and the Prayer of St. Ephraim has the entire last section dedicated to non-judgment. Does anyone know of any sources from the Fathers or the Saints that discuss this in detail?
I'm not sure what any of the fathers say about judging others, but God commands us to judge everyone. He said we should judge everyone by their fruits, in a parable.

The only condition He placed on judging others, is that we apply the same measure of judgement to ourselves. He said we would by judged by the same measure we use to judge others.

Reactions: Aaron_Bethlhm
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

read the life of St Anthony and the cobbler.

• Useful
Reactions: SeraphimSarov
Upvote 0

SeraphimSarov

Пресвятая Богородица, спаси нас...
Feb 16, 2007
Nowhere
✟36,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not sure what any of the fathers say about judging others, but God commands us to judge everyone. He said we should judge everyone by their fruits, in a parable.

The only condition He placed on judging others, is that we apply the same measure of judgement to ourselves. He said we would by judged by the same measure we use to judge others.

Which means we ought not judge others at all, if we don't want to be judged ourselves. Forgive me, but I think you've missed the point. And God speaks through the Fathers.

Upvote 0