Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In Acts, God spoke through Angels and Visions. Sometimes it says "the Holy Spirit said" and this might have been through a prophet. But he speaks only through the written word today, the former ways now ceased. People imagine God speaks to them directly but scripture does not support this.
I don't like to box God in. It certainly is not counter biblical if God speaks in an audible voice so I will let God do as he chooses on the subject.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol i never thought of that. Maybe someone was poking fun at me because of what i said in another post? :)
Could be. Imagine that menacing breathing "This is my son. Listen to him!" That would make Jesus a bearded Luke Skywalker. ... I'm going to Hell, aren't I?

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't like to box God in. It certainly is not counter biblical if God speaks in an audible voice so I will let God do as he chooses on the subject.
But unless you have scripture supporting it, you have false doctrine.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you can provide NT scripture supporting your claims, it might help us understand what you are getting at.
Where is YOUR NT Scripture from Jesus that proclaims that God will never speak to people again after the First Century? There isn't one.

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God sounds like Darth Vader. Well, THAT would be offputting.
Darth Vader had some sort of life support system built in and his voice had distinct qualities from that. I'm more thinking Mufasa from the Lion King.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where is YOUR NT Scripture from Jesus that proclaims that God will never speak to people again after the First Century? There isn't one.
The proof is in the distribution of the Gifts. Beyond the two outpourings, only an apostle could distribute them. And there are no more apostles since John died. An Apostle had to be an eyewitness of the risen Christ.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But unless you have scripture supporting it, you have false doctrine.
Does not the Bible teach us the sovereignty of God? Since the idea of him speaking audibly is not only biblical agreeable but that it happened and at the same time it does not conflict with new covenant teaching then why reject that this can happen?

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is love. What does love sound like?

Well if God put his arms around you and calmed the storm within then you know. "Do Not Fear" are words than can be spoken without audible words.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 14:1
Follow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.

Do you know you can desire more than one spiritual gift. If you think you need a gift of discernment, words of knowledge than why not ask for them?

After asking ( in Faith ) believing you will receive what you ask for then why not ask to be shown some lessons in how your gift works. Have Faith again in getting shown the lessons. This is Faith in action.

Luke 11:11
“Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
If you can provide NT scripture supporting your claims, it might help us understand what you are getting at.
This was given by Jesus in reference to a particular situation in the very end time, but it shows that the Holy Spirit still speaks through people.
Mark13v11But when they might lead you away, delivering you up, do not be anxious beforehand what you should say; but whatever might be given to you in that hour, speak that. For you are not those speaking, but the Holy Spirit.

If the Lord spoke via the Holy Spirit at the beginning, and Jesus stated that he will still be speaking to his children at the end, then its plain foolish to claim he went silent in the middle.

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The proof is in the distribution of the Gifts. Beyond the two outpourings, only an apostle could distribute them. And there are no more apostles since John died. An Apostle had to be an eyewitness of the risen Christ.
Its complete unbiblical nonsense to claim that only apostles could distribute the gifts.

1Cor12v29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31But earnestly desire the greater gifts.
How could the believers earnestly desire the higher gifts if they were unobtainable?

1Cor14v1Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
Again, what's the point of believers seeking the gift of prophecy if it was unobtainable?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its complete unbiblical nonsense to claim that only apostles could distribute the gifts.

1Cor12v29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healings? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31But earnestly desire the greater gifts.
How could the believers earnestly desire the higher gifts if they were unobtainable?

1Cor14v1Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy.
Again, what's the point of believers seeking the gift of prophecy if it was unobtainable?
Find scripture supporting your view and we will see.

Upvote 0