W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It sounds like your inner voice, because it frequently is God’s voice speaking within you. Unfortunately the Devil can mimic that voice.
I use to listen to voices in my head. Sometimes i would hear the words "You're my son". I concluded that i heard what i wanted to hear. Maybe im wrong. I couldnt listen to those voices however because i heard many strange things that seemed random. My mind is a mess and im glued to Jesus because He is my light, my life, my truth, my sanity. Praise the Lord. God is not the author oif confusion so my confused voices in my head were not from God. I learned to embrace utter simplicity. My mental health thrives on this simplicity. Im blessed. My heart sings of peace, joy, and rest.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Good. Happy Thanksgiving. You are God’s son. He is your father and creator. He breathed out your spirit. The difference between you and Jesus is that Jesus is the only one of us who God biologically fathered. The father is the father of both of you,
You by the spirit, him by the spirit and the flesh.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good. Happy Thanksgiving. You are God’s son. He is your father and creator. He breathed out your spirit. The difference between you and Jesus is that Jesus is the only one of us who God biologically fathered. The father is the father of both of you,
You by the spirit, him by the spirit and the flesh.
Ok, thank you.

Upvote 0

Danielwright2311

Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2018
Sacorro NM
✟110,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Given that most believers talk nonsense much of the time, how do you know what these "others" say, is the voice of God and not just their own rambling thoughts?

If as you say, God sound like his believers, how come every word out of your mouth isn't God speaking?

Before you misunderstand me, I do believe the Lord speaks through other believers, its called prophecy, or a word of knowledge etc. -Gifts of the Holy Spirit.
But otherwise, the words of believers in general, are no better than random thoughts, sometimes religious, and on occasion spiritual.

How do you know?

You dont, God does, We dont need to know as long as God sends us his people in times of need it does not matter if we know.

All that matters is God loves us so much he sends us help when we need it.

Happy thanks giving.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In Acts, God spoke through Angels and Visions. Sometimes it says "the Holy Spirit said" and this might have been through a prophet. But he speaks only through the written word today, the former ways now ceased. People imagine God speaks to them directly but scripture does not support this.

Sorry but that is just wrong to say, and annoying!
Tell that to people like me, that after i got filled with the Holy Spirit, i told him something and he actually responded to me, it was definetetly Him.

God spoke trough the entire bible with people, like i said in other post, he is not going to stop now.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but that is just wrong to say, and annoying!
Tell that to people like me, that after i got filled with the Holy Spirit, i told him something and he actually responded to me, it was definetetly Him.

God spoke trough the entire bible with people, like i said in other post, he is not going to stop now.
How do you know it wasn't your imagination? Did anyone else hear it?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,958.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God speaks through signs, through thoughts, through images. I've never heard God vocally. If it's God speaking to you it may be like there is a thought popping up in your mind, and you know it wasn't from your own self. Often it's some verse from the Bible as an answer to a prayer or situation you are in. Here comes the important part, to learn to differentiate what is from God and what isn't.

For me, this is most often.

I have a couple of times received dreams that were immediately followed by "a thought popping up in your mind, and you know it wasn't from your own self" that identified the Lord's purpose for the dream.

There have been two times--within hours of each other--that I have heard what my brain interpreted as a physical voice. In both cases, the voices appeared to come from just behind my right ear. But by the nature of what they said, I know they were other spiritual beings, not the Lord Himself.

But those voices were not the Lord. This was a time of immense personal stress for me, on my knees in prayer in a dinky motel room with a court date for the next day for a case that my own lawyer told me I would lose. Little did I know in a moment of near complete despair that God was about to do something big in my life.

The first voice said to me, "God didn't help you before, and He's not going to help you now."

It referenced an earlier situation that I immediately recognized. Minutes later, something happened to confirm what that voice said--a pit that had already been dug in my path and waiting for me.

But also waiting for me just beyond that was a fellow believer who told me the right thing at the right moment. I had been fighting the battle myself for months, and I had told God where I wanted Him to come in to my plan.

I got back into that motel room, back on my knees, and I gave the matter to the Lord, ending with the words, "Whatever you choose to do tomorrow, Lord, I will always praise your name."

That's a witness for a different thread, but some things happened in the next hour--a battle of spirits right there in the room, darkness replaced by light.

And when it was over, I was standing on my feet in wonder and said to myself, "Now what?"

That was when I heard the second voice, a different voice also behind my right ear, say, "You finally said what we waited to hear. Just be there. And watch."

I praised God that night. I got up praising God all the way to the courthouse.

I took my seat in the courtroom beside my lawyer with the six-inch-thick brief that I'd spent thousands of dollars compiling.

The judge--a judge I had long known was opposed to me, my own lawyer had sussed that out and told me--walked into the courtroom. He didn't even sit down. He said, "I want to see both counsels in my chambers."

Twenty minutes later, they walked out. My lawyer looked at me and said, "We won."

They hadn't even taken our brief into the judge's chambers.

It was completed at the last minute, but it had been laid in place months earlier. The state Supreme Court had just released a verdict on another case that invalidated the case that had been drawn against me. The judge's hands had been tied by the Supreme Court ruling.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟452,402.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you know it wasn't your imagination? Did anyone else hear it?

The Holy spirit can give you hints and make himself understand in your interior, it was not a voice like sound, how a person is going to be guided by him in this life even a bit, if he can't communicate at all, nothing at all??? is that a relationship with Him?, if he can't even guide us to anything? even a small hint from God about something is the voice of God, 'my sheep hear my voice' 'and don't listen to stranger voices'

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Holy spirit can give you hints and make himself understand in your interior, it was not a voice like sound, how a person is going to be guided by him in this life even a bit, if he can't communicate at all, nothing at all??? is that a relationship with Him?, if he can't even guide us to anything? even a small hint from God about something is the voice of God, 'my sheep hear my voice' 'and don't listen to stranger voices'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's a big difference between God speaking audibly and the witness of the Spirit within us.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.