alilsa

Dec 27, 2004
Alabama
✟1,509.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In your life, what does God's love and touch feel like? In my heart, I really wanted to feel God's love and His touch but I don't know what I'm supposed to feel. I know we don't walk by feelings but most of the pentecostal churches I've been too, people act like they are really feeling something and are so happy. Me, my life is so bad messed up that only God can help me. I don't know any words or confessions or self help stuff to fix my problems or I would have already done so. So, I really would like for God to take me in his arms and hug me and tell me that he loves me. How possible is that and how close does God want to be to me. Don't say as close as I want him because I want him alot closer but don't know how. I'm already saved, so where do I go from here.

stormdancer0

Do not be so open-minded that your brain falls out
Apr 19, 2008
USA
✟14,334.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have almost never felt the touch of God in the same way twice. I've had Him pour gently over me like a breeze, leaving a knot of peace in my stomach that emitted waves of peace for days. I've also had Him touch my heart and take my breath away. That doesn't last as long, but it's amazing when it happens.

I've closed my eyes, and been immediately transported into His light, knowing but not caring that I had fallen onto the floor. But I've also been down, depressed, and upset, and then suddenly just knew He was there with me. There was no great emotion, no let-up of the sadness, it was almost like my spirit heard Him whisper, "I've got you." The depression went away several days later, but those three words kept me sane during that time.

God sometimes speaks to us and touches us through His people, as well. I once prayed for two weeks that I wanted ten or fifteen seconds with Jesus, just to give Him a hug and to receive one from Him. After about 10-15 days, He showed me in my spirit that it had already occurred. He showed me hugging people at church, people on the street, my own children, and them hugging me. Then He reminded me, "Whatever you've done for the least of these. . ."

Hope all this rambling helps.

Upvote 0