Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't understand how you arrive at the conclusions you do.

John said he baptized in water, but said Jesus was coming who would baptize with the Holy Spirit and Fire. If you have only been baptized in water, and have never been baptized by Jesus with the Holy Spirit, you are unqualified to teach which baptism (John's water or Jesus' Spirit) is the One Baptism. You are then claiming to know the Truth about something you have never personally experienced.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
John said he baptized in water, but said Jesus was coming who would baptize with the Holy Spirit and Fire. If you have only been baptized in water, and have never been baptized by Jesus with the Holy Spirit, you are unqualified to teach which baptism (John's water or Jesus' Spirit) is the One Baptism. You are then claiming to know the Truth about something you have never personally experienced.

Well tell me then, what makes you think I haven't?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You won't say.

I do not discuss the status of any individual's relationship with God. That includes my own. When a person says "I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit" their next statement is invariably "you have not". It is futility.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do not discuss the status of any individual's relationship with God. That includes my own. When a person says "I have been baptized in the Holy Spirit" their next statement is invariably "you have not". It is futility.

If you have received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit by Jesus Christ, why won't you testify to what God has done in your life? You are eager to share your teaching, but not your Testimony of God?

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you have received the Baptism of the Holy Spirit by Jesus Christ, why won't you testify to what God has done in your life? You are eager to share your teaching, but not your Testimony of God?

You forgot to tell us who laid hands on you.

Upvote 0

Acts2:38

Apr 14, 2017
Naples
✟71,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is clear from the plain reading that the men of Samaria did not receive the Holy Spirit until Peter and John laid hands on them. Else the writer would not have said "For as yet He had fallen upon none of them".

So Peter and Paul lied?
You don't put on Christ (Galatians 3:27) and you don't receive the Holy Ghost after being baptized, thereby also not receiving remission of sins since you get both after baptism Acts 2:38?

Also, we need apostles to lay hands on us to receive the Holy Spirit? Not baptism?

Remember, the apostles are the only ones that can pass on gifts by the laying of hands. Thats why Philip couldn't pass on his gifts, he was not an apostle.

Miracles/gifts were to confirm the word Mark 16:20/ John 20:31. Cornelius receive the Holy Spirit by Gods providence to show the Jews that Gentiles are also accepted. Cornelius STILL had to be baptized. The same with the Samaritans. They were already saved, yet did not posses gifts. And because people were still confirming the word then, the apostles laid hands so that they too could do miracles, thereby confirming the word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is this a question or a statement? The words are Strong's 907. baptizó which means "to dip, sink, or submerge". It does not mean "water". The word "Water" is Strong's 5204 "ὕδατι hydati". You can be baptizó (dunked) in water, in fire, in Spirit, or in mud, but Jesus Christ will dunk everyone in either the Holy Spirit or the Lake of Fire.

Hi and the CONTEXT is what counts !!

In Matt 3:1 In those days came John the BAPTIST / BAPTISTES , so what doe BAPTISTES than mean ?

In Matt 3:7 Pharisees and Saduccees came to his BAPTISM / BAPTISMA so what does BAPTISMA MEANS it mean that John was a BAPTIZER , pure and simple and check the Greek text and see if I am CORRECT ??

So how in 1 Cor 10:2 were Israel BAPTIZED together unto Moses in the CLOUD and in the SEA ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi and the CONTEXT is what counts !!

In Matt 3:1 In those days came John the BAPTIST / BAPTISTES , so what doe BAPTISTES than mean ?

In Matt 3:7 Pharisees and Saduccees came to his BAPTISM / BAPTISMA so what does BAPTISMA MEANS it mean that John was a BAPTIZER , pure and simple and check the Greek text and see if I am CORRECT ??

So how in 1 Cor 10:2 were Israel BAPTIZED together unto Moses in the CLOUD and in the SEA ??

dan p
Yes. Yes. and Yes.

But remember John said "I baptize you in water. He (Jesus) will baptize with the Holy Spirit and Fire." Jesus Christ never baptized a single person in water, yet He baptizes MANY in the Holy Spirit. This shows the true meaning of the word "Baptize" which means "to submerge in, sink, or dunk". A person can be baptized in water, in mud, in fire, or even in Spirit. And the "One Baptism" is the Baptism in/of the Holy Spirit. Baptize does not mean "water". Do a word study at www.Biblos.com. It means "to submerge, to put in/under, to sink, to dunk."

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. Yes. and Yes.

But remember John said "I baptize you in water. He (Jesus) will baptize with the Holy Spirit and Fire." Jesus Christ never baptized a single person in water, yet He baptizes MANY in the Holy Spirit. This shows the true meaning of the word "Baptize" which means "to submerge in, sink, or dunk". A person can be baptized in water, in mud, in fire, or even in Spirit. And the "One Baptism" is the Baptism in/of the Holy Spirit. Baptize does not mean "water". Do a word study at www.Biblos.com. It means "to submerge, to put in/under, to sink, to dunk."

Hi and read Acts 1:5 and then say what Luke is writing ??

In Acts 1:5 do you see 2 Baptisms OR do you see ONE Baprism ??

dan p

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi and read Acts 1:5 and then say what Luke is writing ??

In Acts 1:5 do you see 2 Baptisms OR do you see ONE Baprism ??

dan p

Acts 1:5 talks about both John's water baptism and the ONE Baptism of the spirit by Jesus.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Acts 1:5 talks about both John's water baptism and the ONE Baptism of the spirit by Jesus.

Hi and here is what many do not ndo , is to check the Greek Text !!

Acts 1:5 say that John BAPTIZO WITH WATER and the Greek word BAPTIZO is in the Greek AORIST TENSE and that John's ministry lasted one time !!

The next Greek word SHALL BE BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO is in the FUTURE TENSE and there is a reason for that !
This is what is called the NEAR VIEW as John's BAPTISM just lasted 3 years to Israel !!

Then BAPTISM gives way to the ONE BAPTISMA / BAPTISM of the HOLY SPIRIT and Rom 6:3 and 4 prove it as BAPTISMA is also one of 22 times that BAPTISMA is used !!

The FAR VIEW IS used in the GREAT TRIBULATION in Mark 16:15-18 !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi and here is what many do not ndo , is to check the Greek Text !!

Acts 1:5 say that John BAPTIZO WITH WATER and the Greek word BAPTIZO is in the Greek AORIST TENSE and that John's ministry lasted one time !!

The next Greek word SHALL BE BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO is in the FUTURE TENSE and there is a reason for that !
This is what is called the NEAR VIEW as John's BAPTISM just lasted 3 years to Israel !!

Then BAPTISM gives way to the ONE BAPTISMA / BAPTISM of the HOLY SPIRIT and Rom 6:3 and 4 prove it as BAPTISMA is also one of 22 times that BAPTISMA is used !!

The FAR VIEW IS used in the GREAT TRIBULATION in Mark 16:15-18 !!

dan p

Jesus' One Baptism of the Holy Spirit is for today AND the future. He gives the Holy Spirit today, and whoever does not receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit will receive the Baptism of Fire from the same Lord Jesus, which is the Lake of Fire.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,085.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 4:5 - one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

There is only ONE baptism that places us into the body of Christ and that is SPIRIT baptism, not water baptism.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ephesians 4:5 - one Lord, one faith, one baptism.

1 Corinthians 12:13 - For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free--and have all been made to drink into one Spirit.

There is only ONE baptism that places us into the body of Christ and that is SPIRIT baptism, not water baptism.

Hi and I agree with you BUT the Greek word in Eph 4:5 ONE / BAPTISMA which means there is ONLY ONE BAPTIZER that PLACED ALL in to the Body of Christ , THE HOLY SPIRIT !!

Today there is no other BAPTISMA/ BAPTIZER as we are min the DISPENSATION of the Grace of God !!

dan p

Upvote 0