• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

What Does Being Born Again Look Like

Discussion in 'Requests for Christian Advice' started by Introverted1293, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Introverted1293

Introverted1293 Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I don't disagree with that at all. I know that part of me loves the pleasure of sin. But I hate where sin leads us.

I understand. Thank you :)

This explains so much.

Thank you for the Bible verses. This is what I need to do is watch and pray.

Thank you for the website on conquering habitual sin. I will check that out.

Thank you.

Sometimes I feel that I am still wrong when my temptations come. But thank you for this encouragement.

2. Introverted1293

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    You are right. That idea is scarier.

Thank you

I am just scared that once the sin of homosexuality is away from my life (which I do want it out of my life), that I will develop an attraction to women. I don't want to be attracted to women. But I hate being attracted to men. I don't want to be attracted to anyone. That's the part that scares me. I know that it's a little silly. I guess I am focusing on the wrong thing.

That is a lot. But thank you for this.

Thank you for the Bible verses. This was very encouraging.

3. Introverted1293

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Thank you for this verse. I need to ponder this.

4. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,240
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
  5. aiki

aiki Regular Member

+3,584
    Canada
    Baptist
    Married
    God made us sexual beings. It's His idea. Why, then, are you opposed to the sexual attraction to women God intends you should have? It goes against God's design, abstaining from and fearing the normal, healthy sexual attraction God intends you should have for women. Let God order and control you and you'll find yourself conformed to His will and way, over time becoming the man he made you to be - including in the area of your sexuality. There's nothing to fear in this.

6. Sketcher

Sketcher Born Imperishable

+7,620
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    Becoming born again does not automagically relieve you of old temptations. There will be conviction and loss of desire for the old things, but there is quite a bit written in the New Testament to born-again Christians admonishing them to say "no" to temptation, acknowledging that born-again Christians do get tempted to do all kinds of things.

Your SSA does not mean that you are not born again. It simply provides you with a different type of temptation to overcome.

7. Introverted1293

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
  8. Introverted1293

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Yes, I understand. If God changes my desire, I will know that it is good.

9. Introverted1293

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Thank you very much.

10. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+1,974
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    There is probably a reason for that feeling, probably something from your childhood. I know others will disagree but I believe sexual attraction is developed not simply inborn.
    It's perfectly fine not to be attracted to anyone.

1 Corinthians 7
    8 I’m telling those who are single and widows that it’s good for them to stay single like me.

17 Nevertheless, each person should live the kind of life that the Lord assigned when he called each one. This is what I teach in all the churches.

Meaning single and celibate or married.

25 I don’t have a command from the Lord about people who have never been married, but I’ll give you my opinion as someone you can trust because of the Lord’s mercy. 26 So I think this advice is good because of the present crisis: Stay as you are. 27 If you are married, don’t get a divorce. If you are divorced, don’t try to find a spouse. 28 But if you do marry, you haven’t sinned; and if someone who hasn’t been married gets married, they haven’t sinned. But married people will have a hard time, and I’m trying to spare you that.

32 I want you to be free from concerns. A man who isn’t married is concerned about the Lord’s concerns—how he can please the Lord.

I felt called to be married but Paul suggests it is actually better to be single and celibate.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Introverted1293

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    This was very informative. Thank you very much.

12. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

+281
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I can relate to wanting to hang on to the sin you know rather than taking a chance on the UNKNOWN. Been there and done that.

Try thinking about “sin” a little differently. Forget about putting a lot of focus on naming sins (the sin of homosexuality or the sin of anger or the sin of greed). Try thinking about it like this …

God made you as an arrow.
    The purpose, function, reason for existence for an arrow is to fly through the air and hit the target. Every arrow you have ever seen is a little bit bent. Some fly to the left and some fly to the right. Some shoot too high and some shoot too low. It makes no difference whether an arrow misses the target by a few inches to the upper right or by several feet to the middle left. The only thing that matters is whether the arrow hits the mark or misses the target.

“Sin” is just “missing the target”. The details are irrelevant. God wants you to be a useful arrow that flies straight and hits the mark.

So that is what all this “born again” is about. The arrow submits to the MASTER ARCHER who will steam the wood and bend it to remove some of the worst curves that cause it to miss the mark. The Archer will shave off some rough burrs that get snagged on the bow. The Archer replaces some damaged feathers and gives it a new coat of paint to make it look as good as it shoots. At its core, it is the same arrow. Now, it is an arrow that can hit the target instead of constantly missing the mark. [Bad analogy warning … God fixes from the inside, out.]

So the real question to decide is whether you TRUST the MASTER ARCHER to work on you or not. Most arrows choose to continue to shoot crooked and miss the mark. Once the MASTER starts to work on you and you feel the improvement, there is no room for doubt ever again.

Then there is that moment before He starts … do you trust Him or not? Can he really fix you or not?

The REAL question (for me at least) was “Am I hitting the mark on my own?” and if (like me) the honest answer was “Hell, no!” then what EXACTLY do you have to lose?

13. Introverted1293

+2,693
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Thank you for letting me know I am not alone in that.

I understand what you are saying. Thank you

That is a good question. The answer is yes. I can trust God. I know that he is trustworthy. And he is for my good. But I just was scared of what kind of person God was going to make me into. Thank you

You gave me some things to ponder.