Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And many say that the apostle Paul baptized and I say that Paul NEVER water baptized anyone .

And use 1 Cor 1:14 to prove their case , they say .

And notice that in Acts 18:8 that it mentions CRISPUS that is also mentioned in 1 Cor 1:14 which I believe that it is the same CRISPIS .

In Acts 18:8 CRISPUS believed in the LORD / KYRIOS ( this reminds me of Rom 10:9 ) with his house and many Corinthians hearing , were believeing and were being BAPTIZED .

So were the Corinthians being Baptized with WATER ?

I do not see the Greek word for WATER / HUDOR here , do you ?

Acts 1:5 For John indeed BAPTIZED with WATER , But you will Baptized with HOLY SPIRIT not many days after . So WATER BAPTISM is out .

The Greek word NOT / OV means that NOT is final .

And the Greek word WERE BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

The Imperfect tense means , means continuos action in PAST TIME .

The PASSIVE means that it is God will stop it .

And the INDICATIVE VOICE means it is a FACT .

I believe that this BAPTISM is of the HOLY SPIRIT and NOT WATER .

Notice also that Paul was NOT in the SYNAGOGUE with CRISPUS , BUT was next door as proven by verse 7 .

Another reason about Acts 1:5 is that PENTECOST is over and #2 that Israel will soon be set aside and #3 Paul will finally go the GENTILES as written in Acts 28: 27 and 28 , and in 2 Cor 3:10-18 .

dsn p

Last edited:

Points To Ponder

The Scriptures are the foundation of my faith.
May 2, 2021
Houston
✟24,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
And many say that the apostle Paul baptized and I say that Paul NEVER water baptized anyone .

And notice that in Acts 18:8 that it mentions CRISPUS that is also mentioned in 1 Cor 1:14 which I believe that it is the same CRISPIS .

In Acts 18:8 CRISPUS believed in the LORD / KYRIOS ( this reminds me of Rom 10:9 ) with his house and many Corinthians hearing , were believeing and were being BAPTIZED .

Acts 1:5 For John indeed BAPTIZED with WATER , But you will Baptized with HOLY SPIRIT not many days after . So WATER BAPTISM is out .

And the Greek word WERE BAPTIZED / BAPTIZO is in the Greek IMPERFECT TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

Notice also that Paul was NOT in the SYNAGOGUE with CRISPUS , BUT was next door as proven by verse 7 .

dsn p
Paul did baptize Gaius and Crispus but was glad that he didn't baptize any of the others. 1 Corinthians 1:14. I think we need to consider that Paul was a Jew and still observed the Jewish festivals and no doubt struggled with the transition from Gospel according to Peter prior to the revelation of the mystery Ephesians 3. The transition of baptize or not necessary to baptize was difficult I'm sure. The earlier belief that water baptism was necessary to be filled with the Holy Spirit went out the door with Cornelius and Peter decided to baptize them afterwards. I believe that when Jesus reveled the mystery to Paul and the Holy Spirit reveled it to the Apostles and Prophets the transition from water baptism to Spirit baptism begin. A difficult transition for the Jew. I also find it interesting that Gaius shows up in 3 John 1:1 also. Makes me think that the believers didn't see any division or variation between the Apostle Paul and the other Apostles. Something to consider.

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 3:11-12 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but He that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: He shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and [with] fire: 12 Whose fan [is] in His hand, and He will throughly purge His floor, and gather His wheat into the garner; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of Me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Silverback

Feb 13, 2019
South East
✟66,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The Ethiopian was baptized in water, after Pentecost. Jesus was baptized, he said to go into all the world and baptize to receive the gift of the holy spirit.

Baptism is done with "Water" in the name of the Triune God...these matters have long been settled, please stop trying to divide the church.

• Agree
Reactions: Eloy Craft
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Paul did baptize Gaius and Crispus but was glad that he didn't baptize any of the others. 1 Corinthians 1:14. I think we need to consider that Paul was a Jew and still observed the Jewish festivals and no doubt struggled with the transition from Gospel according to Peter prior to the revelation of the mystery Ephesians 3. The transition of baptize or not necessary to baptize was difficult I'm sure. The earlier belief that water baptism was necessary to be filled with the Holy Spirit went out the door with Cornelius and Peter decided to baptize them afterwards. I believe that when Jesus reveled the mystery to Paul and the Holy Spirit reveled it to the Apostles and Prophets the transition from water baptism to Spirit baptism begin. A difficult transition for the Jew. I also find it interesting that Gaius shows up in 3 John 1:1 also. Makes me think that the believers didn't see any division or variation between the Apostle Paul and the other Apostles. Something to consider.

And do you believe that Paul water baptized ?

Or do say that he used NO water ?

Or if Paul was the first one saved by GRACE ( 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 ) does means that their is water baptism under GRACE ?

Or does anyone say you can be SAVED by WATER when we are ALL saved by Faith , and Grace , Eph 2:8 .

dan p

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Another reason about Acts 1:5 is that PENTECOST is over and #2 that Israel will soon be set aside and #3 Paul will finally go the GENTILES as written in Acts 28: 27 and 28 , and in 2 Cor 3:10-18 .

dsn p

The book of Acts should not be used for doctrine, it is a historical record of the diminishing of Israel. 2 programs were going on at the same time.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,541.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ethiopian was baptized in water, after Pentecost. Jesus was baptized, he said to go into all the world and baptize to receive the gift of the holy spirit.

Baptism is done with "Water" in the name of the Triune God...these matters have long been settled, please stop trying to divide the church.

Ever wonder why so many bible translations left out Acts 8:37, regarding what the Ethiopian believed in?

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

All "denominations" are a "division" of the New Covenant Church of Jesus Christ, based on what the Apostle Paul said below.

The word "denominator" is used in mathematics to describe a number that divides another number.

1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

When is a believer "born again" of the Spirit of God?

Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Joh 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Rom 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Gal 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

1Jn 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

The Holy Spirit is the master teacher promised to New Covenant believers in Jeremiah 31:34, and John 14:26. The fulfillment is found in Ephesians 1:13, and 1 John 2:27. Based on Luke 3:16, and Acts 11:15-16, and John 1:33, and Romans 8:9, and 1 Corinthians 3:16, the most important thing about the word "baptize" in the New Testament has nothing to do with water. Unfortunately, most modern Christians see "water" every time they read the word "baptize" in scripture. God no longer dwells in temples made of stone. Instead, His Spirit dwells in us. Based on Isaiah 63:11, at least some OT believers were indwelled with the Holy Spirit. We also find this fact with the parents of John the Baptist. Based on what Christ said to Nicodemus in John chapter 3, Nicodemus should have known that no person can inherit the kingdom of God without being "born again" of the Spirit of God. What kind of baptism is found below. Is it of the Spirit, or of water? (What did John the Baptist say in Luke 3:16, and John 1:33?)

Eph_4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

dsn p

There are 2 baptisms

By water baptism we confess our faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, and testify of our death to sin and of our purpose to walk in newness of life. Thus we acknowledge Christ as Lord and Saviour, become His people, and are received as members by His church (the family of God). Water Baptism is a symbol of our union with Christ, the forgiveness of our sins, and our reception of the Holy Spirit. It is by immersion in water and is contingent on an affirmation of faith in Jesus and evidence of repentance of sin. It follows instruction in the Holy Scriptures and acceptance of their teachings. (Matt. 28:19, 20; Acts 2:38; 16:30-33; 22:16; Rom. 6:1-6; Gal. 3:27; Col. 2:12, 13.)

Water Baptism is a public proclamation of a spiritual relation with Christ that is entered into before the outward ceremony takes place." "Water baptism is valueless unless the one being baptized has been born again by the Holy Spirit."

• Winner
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="BABerean2, pon 1:33?)

.[/QUOTE]

And when any one looks at what ONE BAPTISM means , the Greek text says that IT actual says ONE BAPTISMA .

One Baptisma means that under GRACE there is ONLY ONE BAPTIZER and that is the HOLY SPIRIT . so check and see !!

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One Baptisma means that under GRACE there is ONLY ONE BAPTIZER and that is the HOLY SPIRIT . so check and see !!

Christ.

Luk 3:16 John answered, saying unto them all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire:

Joh 1:33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And helps us with 1 Cor 10:2 , And all were BAPTIZED unto Moses , in the Cloud and in the SEA , is why baptism seem hard to explain , so how do you see nit ??

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

The two different types of baptism are explained below.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[QUOTE="BABerean2,3?)

.[/QUOTE]
And when checking Eph 4:5 all will see that the Greek word translated Baptism is NOT BAPTIZO but is the Greek word BAPTISMA !

It is used 22 times from Matthew to Ephesians and means there is only one baptizer , the Holy Spirit and has noting to do with water .

dan p

• Agree
Reactions: readywriter
Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In Acts 18:8 CRISPUS believed in the LORD / KYRIOS ( this reminds me of Rom 10:9 ) with his house and many Corinthians hearing , were believing and were being BAPTIZED .

dsn p
'And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue,
believed on the Lord with all his house;
and many of the Corinthians hearing believed,
and were baptized.'

(Act 18:8)

Hello @Dan Perez,

Crispus was a Jew, the chief ruler of the synagogue, who believed on the Lord, so yes, he was baptised with water into Christ Jesus, by Paul (1 Corinthians 1:13-17). This was water baptism, but during the Acts period very often baptism in the spirit took place immediately following.

'Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you?
or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.
And I baptized also the household of Stephanas:
besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.
For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: ... '

(1Corinthians 1:13-17a)

It was later, that 'The Unity of The Spirit' was detailed by Paul to the Church which is His (Christ's) Body (Ephesians 4:1-6), who were exhorted to 'keep' it: that list being dominated by the word ONE; One baptism being included. So instead of the two baptisms which were in operation during the Acts, only one remained.

The Acts period was then passed, and Israel had departed into unbelief, water baptism was therefore superseded by the baptism of the Spirit: which took place when faith in the Lord Jesus Christ entered; in which the flesh had no part. For within that company all is of the Spirit, the flesh counts for nothing.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
'I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you
that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
With all lowliness and meekness,
with longsuffering,
forbearing one another in love;
Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit
in the bond of peace.
There is -
one body, and
.. one Spirit, even as ye are called in
.... one hope of your calling;
...... One Lord,
.... one faith,
.. one baptism,
One God and Father of all,
.. Who is above all,
.... and through all,
...... and in you all.'
(Ephesians 4:1-6)

:heart:

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This was water baptism, but during the Acts period very often baptism in the spirit took place immediately following.

You have it backwards in the passage below.

Act 11:15 And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning.
Act 11:16 Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟196,919.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And you SHALL BE baptized with ( THE ) Holy Spirit .

#1 Acts 11:16 does not in the Greek text .

#2 The Greek words SHALL BE BAPTIZED is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

#3 Why the FUTURE TENSE is because Israel will be set aside at the end of thr book of ACTS 28 :27 AND 28 , and Paul said so in 2 Cor 3:1-18 .

#4 The PASSIVE means that is God , said so .

#5 The INDICATIVE MOOD , means it is a FACT .

This is why the BODY of CHRIST is not part of Israel OR part of the NEW COVENANT .

#6 When the Greek reads THE HOLY SPIRIT , it means the INDWELLING of the HOLY SPIRIT .

#7 If the Greek text reads HOLY SPIRIT , it means the POWER , of HOLY SPIRIT .

Books have been written of this very subject , by STRONG'S and by E W Bullinger .

dan p

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you SHALL BE baptized with ( THE ) Holy Spirit .

#1 Acts 11:16 does not in the Greek text .

#2 The Greek words SHALL BE BAPTIZED is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE , PASSIVE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD .

Do you understand the fact that the Gentile Cornelius had just been baptized with the Holy Spirit in the same way Israelites had been baptized by the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost?

Do you understand they fact that Peter was quoting a statement Jesus had made in the past, that had been fulfilled on the day Peter preached to the house of Cornelius?

Act 11:17 Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God?

Upvote 0

readywriter

May 4, 2010
UK
✟69,130.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hello @BABereans2,

Thank you for responding. :)

Yes, Peter records what occurred in chapter 10:44-48, and it does indeed happen the other way around. Though again, two baptisms take place: water baptism and baptism with the Holy Ghost; power from on high evidenced in the form of spiritual gifts came upon the believing Gentiles, as it had on the Jews at Pentecost.

Now, we are exhorted to observe only ONE baptism: and that is the one that superseded water baptism. Baptism of the Holy Spirit, which takes place when faith enters and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ takes root in the heart of the One who has been saved by God's grace. The believer is identified with Christ, in His death, burial, quickening, resurrection and ascension to God's right hand, where we await His appearing in glory, when we too will appear with Him there. Praise God!

Within the love of Christ our Saviour,
our Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Upvote 0