Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I was chatting to an Eastern Orthodox religious educator, who was wanting to maintain and develop faith in the teen group. She wants to to go about this in a way that would benefit teens. I'm positing at the request of @~Anastasia~

I'm starting a Sunday school class for teens - probably just high school - in a few weeks.

Instead of getting a boxed curriculum, I'd rather find out what teens want from Church classes, what they need, what challenges they face, what issues concern them, what speaks to them, how to equip them and strengthen them in their faith.

I'd like any ideas about how class should function so that they can get the most out of it, and most importantly (to me) give them the tools they need to go forward in the world as Christians, and also help ensure they don't abandon their faith at a time when many do.

But I can do this a whole lot better with input from teens, I think, instead of just trying to do whatever I think they need.

Thanks!!!

I'm 17, 18 in a few months. I figure what I want is going to be different to what guys want when your like 13. So maybe if you answer say your age.

Say what topic interests you - Maybe say how you want it to be delivered.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I'm not from a christian family. I never went to a church service and still haven't. I'd sit outside and wait for it all to finish. Then I'd go inside by myself. After a while I just spoke with the female priest. I didnt want to talk to a male priest. So for me I preferred to ask my stuff and talk about things one-on-one with a female.

The questions I had, although I was 13 when I started; probably wouldn't normally be things discussed with a group of young teens.

Now I am older I have other questions. I go to university now and my friends are not christian and it surprises them when I tell them I am exploring Christianity.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0