• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

What do you use an IPad for?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by anglozaxon, Oct 28, 2012.

1. dysert

dysert Member

+2,201
    Christian
    Married
    I don't have an iPhone (don't want a phone that's smarter than me) or a pocket wifi device (wouldn't that require a monthly cost?).

I don't use it for CF or any other application where there's much typing. I'm a touch typist and am driven nuts by the smaller and more sensitive keyboard on the iPad.

2. anglozaxon

anglozaxon Newbie

+13
    Christian
    Married
    Well I finally decided not to buy an IPad as they are very expensive, so we bought a Samsung Galaxy tab 2, and I love it, it just makes the whole accessing of stuff on the internet so much more natural, and there are loads of apps for the kids, both games and educational. It is aslo great for skype.

3. willard3

willard3 Professional accomplice

+79
    United States
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Others
    Fair enough. Different strokes and all. Always good to hear a non-Apple user give reasons other than thinly veiled "I HAET APLPE RAWRRRR" screeds. :p

4. Sectio Aurea

Sectio Aurea Guest

+0
    I play YouTube videos on my tv by linking this iPad to my appletv device. It's a much faster way of browsing YouTube.

5. sunlover1

sunlover1 Beloved, Let us love one another

+4,185
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Hi.
    Hopefully, you're enjoying your ipad more than in the beginning.
    I've had mine for a year and I just love it.
    But I'd recommend drop box for storing all of your photos in one place.
    You can access them from all devices that way.
    We have a great phone plan that includes data for the tablet.
    Each person ends up paying 45-50 bucks a month and i have
    plenty more data than I can use with my phone AND ipad
    (Making use of the bluetooth and hotspot feature on my phone.
    I have iphone (and i'm smarter than a phone btw ;) but androids
    often have that feature as well)

I love my ipad so much I am considering another ( a mini)
    Have to decide if I want a mini ipad, or just get a samsung
    galaxy phone (I think that's what it's called) It's a huge phone
    so I could just carry that rather than my phone AND mini)

Any thoughts would be welcome.
    :wave:

6. dysert

dysert Member

+2,201
    Christian
    Married
    I'm intrigued by your mention of DropBox, which I've been using between PCs for years. Is it a free app for the iPad?

7. sunlover1

+4,185
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    It is!
    :D
    How cool is that!

8. dysert

dysert Member

+2,201
    Christian
    Married
    Well I've installed Dropbox on my iPad. If I'm not mistaken, though, all the stuff I put in there will either have to remain in the cloud, or it'll all be downloaded into one big folder on the iPad (instead of letting me organize things)? I don't find either of those options too heartwarming :-(.

9. pgp_protector

pgp_protector Noted strange person

+15,815
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Use a PC to organize it and folders and sub folders. And you just use the root folder of the Dropbox as your starting point.

10. BlueLioness

BlueLioness Guest

+0
    I admit I'm not online, like, 24-7. I mean sometimes I get bored and go do something offline.

11. I love Justice

I love Justice Member

+4
    Christian
    Single
    I can become crazy if i have to online 24 - 7

12. sunlover1

+4,185
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Hey guys. I did get the Ipad mini and I wanted to give my review here.
    I love it!
    Much better size than the Ipad2.
    I may sell the ipad 2 on CL
    I'm thinking i could get close to 3 hun.

13. djchuang

djchuang Newbie

+4
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    Short answer - more battery life! I can get maybe 3 hours of use on a laptop without recharging, while I can get close to 6-8 hours on an iPad!

14. Scott1979

Scott1979 Grateful

+48
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    My mom just gave my grandfather her I-pad 1 and he loves it. He has a Bible on it for church.

15. sao3x

sao3x Newbie

+1
    Charismatic
    Single
    Sometimes i just don't know what to do with my iPad. I just think it is simpler than the laptop. I can use it even when i am lying on my bed. I love the games too.

16. BlueLioness

BlueLioness Guest

+0
    Ok I have no idea what the IPad is.

Maybe I should ask you.

All I know is that Wal Mart sells computers, I bought my home PC there, and have used it since I was 15 -- so there.

x.x

17. BlueLioness

BlueLioness Guest

+0
    I recall going on shopping expeditions with my mother and father and going to Wal Mart and when I passed by the isle that was selling all of the computers, heck with it, I caved and bought one and set it up in the parlor in my house. Yeah.

18. BlueLioness

BlueLioness Guest

+0
    I wish I even knew what one was.