• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

What do you think

Jesuslove70708

Apr 25, 2021
La
✟111,541.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1 doubt so the look up other therads to understand the situation but it has got worse
2 saying dumb sutff It’s annoying I don’t know if it’s a Intrusive thought but Sometimes I think it’s me I don’t know
But that’s what gets me the most because I’ll just be sitting here and then 50 of them and sometimes I catch myself sadly agreeing with them I don’t know why because I know if I say no my Anxiety I just got to go to the roof so idk

3 conviction it left what’s going on makes me very sad because hard for me to do very much anything because normally that would keep me a in choke I’m scared to play with my friends because I know that they do some bad things but don’t let my conviction make sure I don’t get influenced by them but I miss them kind of and I kind of wanna play with them it’s been four months and I used to play with these people every single day play = the game
It’s hard to watch TV and shows and do anything else I like because if somethings wrong I won’t notice same thing like lieing

4 feeling faith and believe Gone

5 i’m not Diagnosed But I have took online test I know that doesn’t really mean anything but still enough took like seven and then came back on positive but I’m kind of in cps right now so I can’t really do anythingAnd I’m worried because I Saul just for like a quick second someone who I was scrolling through ocd On here and I saw someone who was a Christian but not no more Because of what if questions and ocd So I’m a little slightly worried right now

and numbness it’s annoying And even my conviction is so gone when I have intrusive thoughts don’t Even get convicted of them
And I think I know what brought though but I think it was from a hobby that I really liked and I decided I was getting convicted of it so I stop the hobby and then I guess one morning I just started doubting
Sorry for Auto corrects
and i did not give up

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 doubt so the look up other therads to understand the situation but it has got worse
2 saying dumb sutff It’s annoying I don’t know if it’s a Intrusive thought but Sometimes I think it’s me I don’t know
But that’s what gets me the most because I’ll just be sitting here and then 50 of them and sometimes I catch myself sadly agreeing with them I don’t know why because I know if I say no my Anxiety I just got to go to the roof so idk

3 conviction it left what’s going on makes me very sad because hard for me to do very much anything because normally that would keep me a in choke I’m scared to play with my friends because I know that they do some bad things but don’t let my conviction make sure I don’t get influenced by them but I miss them kind of and I kind of wanna play with them it’s been four months and I used to play with these people every single day play = the game
It’s hard to watch TV and shows and do anything else I like because if somethings wrong I won’t notice same thing like lieing

4 feeling faith and believe Gone

5 i’m not Diagnosed But I have took online test I know that doesn’t really mean anything but still enough took like seven and then came back on positive but I’m kind of in cps right now so I can’t really do anythingAnd I’m worried because I Saul just for like a quick second someone who I was scrolling through ocd On here and I saw someone who was a Christian but not no more Because of what if questions and ocd So I’m a little slightly worried right now

and numbness it’s annoying And even my conviction is so gone when I have intrusive thoughts don’t Even get convicted of them
And I think I know what brought though but I think it was from a hobby that I really liked and I decided I was getting convicted of it so I stop the hobby and then I guess one morning I just started doubting
Sorry for Auto corrects
and i did not give up
Just know that God really really loves you so much and Jesus is always with you. God bless you and keep on praying and reading the Bible.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I’ll just be sitting here and then 50 of them and sometimes I catch myself sadly agreeing with them I

50 thoughts to say something stupid, accusing you of something etc?

That sounds like intrusive thoughts and agreeing with them. Saying " yes that is right. " And moving on is all you do with intrusive thoughts.

feeling faith and believe Gone

Feelings have nothing to do with whether you are a Christian and whether you have faith.
Example. You are an Australian, is that because you ' feel ' you are Australian or because of the fact that you have Australian parents?
You are a Christian. Why are you a Christian? According to Eph 2:8+9 where does faith come from?

You have doubts and questions, that is great. Now find the answers to those doubts and questions.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My faith plan by a faith Counselors says not to look up answers

Two responded.
If your doubts and questions are caused by intrusive thoughts, then acknowledge the thought and move on.
But if you have a real problem with something.
If you are unable to work out the answer to a doubts, then rather then worrying about it I would suggest finding the answer.

However if you do not believe the answer, then there is no point in spending time looking for it.

Essentially there are only two questions.
Is there a God?
Am I a Christian?

Because every doubt is answered by those questions.

If there is a God, then Jesus was sent to save us.
If one is a Christian then not only is one saved, but one is loved personally by that Saviour, Creator God.

If that is true what does one have to fear as Romans 8 says, who can separate us from the Love of God........Nothing in All creation can do this.

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Jesuslove70708

Apr 25, 2021
La
✟111,541.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
creation can

hi I haveing doubts but Saul a post about
someone who was a Christian but not no more Because of what if questions and
I This morning Felt uncare so i said some bad stuff and now said I’m sorry
But now im doubting

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
hi I haveing doubts but Saul a post about
someone who was a Christian but not no more Because of what if questions and
I This morning Felt uncare so i said some bad stuff and now said I’m sorry
But now im doubting

The Christian life is like a toddler learning to walk. Take several steps and fall over, get up take a step, fall over, get up and try again knowing one is going to fall over again.
As 1 John 1:9 says, if we confess our sins( to God ) he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Doubt, why what facts have challenged your belief?
If it is a ' feeling ' why is that feeling more accurate than facts?

Upvote 0

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ik but the Whats ifs
I know how you feel! "What ifs" are very persistent with OCD. My advice to you is probably going to be the same as it was before. What are some of the things we've talked about, that you could work on doing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mari17

Jun 17, 2017
Newport
✟143,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
now kind feel uncaring but i play my bible and pray Every day
I'm glad to hear it! OCD likes to try to keep us stuck by forcing us to focus on our negative feelings, but we can still choose to not focus on them and to live our lives the way we think we should, no matter what OCD is telling us. It sounds like you have a good plan - to keep drawing close to God by doing things like praying to Him and reading your Bible, and also allowing yourself to do normal daily activities and hobbies.

Upvote 0