Tifton
✟23,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Christ requires it of us. It was one of His first commandments to what would become the Church, and it identifies us with His death, burial, and resurrection.

If you're asking if it's a means by which Christ saves us, I'm currently studying this myself, but many of the early Christians believed so and a literal reading of 1 Peter 3:21 seems to imply it, unless I'm missing something. However if baptismal regeneration is true, that doesn't change the fact that you must receive it by faith in Christ alone and His work, and you need to understand that.

Upvote 0

Trixiefire

Aug 14, 2019
Marbury
✟15,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So for me it's hard because I know God wants us to be baptized, and I know why we do get baptized. But I have a fear of drowning in water, so I don't go swimming or wading I just try to avoid big bodies of water in general. I want to please God but am I any less of a Christian for fearing the backwards under water part of baptism.

My church is a full immersion church so that's part of the problem, the way they baptise is by dunking people backwards under water. If it was just a sprinkling we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Upvote 0