What do you think of when you take communion?

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First of all I come very humbly before God.

Sharing with Him the larger of my recent sins and struggles.

From my mind and heart a sorrowful repentance.

A deep gratefulness for communion.

A slight joyful feeling of cleanliness
with yet another new start.

M-Bob

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First of all I come very humbly before God.

Sharing with Him the larger of my recent sins and struggles.

From my mind and heart a sorrowful repentance.

A deep gratefulness for communion.

A slight joyful feeling of cleanliness
with yet another new start.

M-Bob

I pray that God will bless me with the remission of sins. After doing some reading on the topic of remission, I think I will also pray that God will pay for my debt and purchase me from evil, since I have at times sold myself into evil by sinning.

I mean really, who wants to be owned by an evil master? I think I would like to be purchased by a good Master :)

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
His bones were not broken, but we can say that His body is.

Remember, Jesus broke the bread and gave it to His disciples, saying "This is my Body". Jesus was made known to the disciples on the road to Emmaus in the breaking of the bread, which is His body.
Right, the ‘breaking of bread’ is symbolizing His physical death by execution.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm drawn to meditate on my personal fellowship with Christ's salvific person and work, that I consume this picture of his body and blood as an illustration of my participation and communion in his redemption, righteousness, and kingdom. Then, I think either along with that, or after that, of the whole congregation as fellowshipping together as members of this one body as one body, and this blood as from one fountain, whereby we are all washed as the covenant community from our sins and presented a holy bride to Christ.

I am inclined more to think of myself as my redemption is received via membership in the body (or covenant), whom Christ died for, than I am merely for myself on a individual, solitary basis. This sacrament brings this kind of thinking out, that without a participation with and in the body (or covenant), we have no salvation. Christ died for his body, not just the individual members in it, but collectively. His blood cleanses the Church of God, and we being members of that Church are washed in the blood.

Upvote 0