Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
His video series and books on prayer are becoming quite popular in the church these days. A couple of local ladies Bible studies here are currently using his material. They also often quote and recommend Joyce Meyer, which is a huge red flag. Any thoughts about Cymbala? Thanks.

reformed ttL

slowly becoming less newbie
Dec 21, 2009
Canada
✟7,930.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
His video series and books on prayer are becoming quite popular in the church these days. A couple of local ladies Bible studies here are currently using his material. They also often quote and recommend Joyce Meyer, which is a huge red flag. Any thoughts about Cymbala Thanks.
my brother tried to get me into him, i never felt comfortable listening to him very charasmatic

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
That's what concerns me as well. There does seem to be a charismatic angle to it, and that can be troublesome.

In one video he points out that the disciples asked Jesus to teach them how to pray, not how to read the Scriptures or how to preach. So the implication is that prayer has a higher priority than the others. I'm not comfortable with that kind of rating system.

I guess I'm trying to figure out if it's worth continuing with the study with these ladies. I've only just met them, and I don't want to just be the agitator in the group, lol. And I get so very tired of having to pick through the gristle to try and find some meat. On the other hand, I don't want to write him off just because he's charismatic.

Upvote 0