What do you think is required to be saved?

Jesusfann777888

Mar 28, 2021
manhattan
✟18,921.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Dear AubreyM

This is the verse you quoted:

"If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

Then the very next verse says:

"For with the heart a person believes, resulting in RIGHTEOUSNESS, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in SALVATION."

Righteousness is required (repentance of our sins):

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, BUT THAT ALL SHOULD COME TO REPENTANCE." 2 Peter 3:9

Sin Separates us from God

"Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: BUT YOUR INIQUITIES HAVE SEPARATED YOU FROM YOUR GOD, and your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:1, 2.

Jesus asked for repentance:

"From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." Matthew 4:17

Definition of repentance:

"The repentance (metanoia) called for throughout the Bible is a summons to a personal, absolute and ultimate unconditional surrender to God as Sovereign. Though it includes sorrow and regret, it is more than that. ... In repenting, one makes a complete change of direction (180° turn) toward God." (Wikipedia)

"To turn from sin and dedicate oneself to the amendment of one's life." (Merriam Webster. com)

your life encompasses over a hundred year's or more, and that's a long time.I have a question since you mentioned a few things. if repentance is about turning around, is that turning away from sin because I still Conceptually don't know how that possible.

To amend your life, in it's proper context would mean you become sinless, if repentance is turning away from sin, at least that's how I logically interpret it, so when it say's turn around, does that imply that repentance is believing in Jesus or that you should all together stop sinning. I still don't understand and this is more of a Conceptual problem for me while I feel like everybody else understand's this.

for me, the explanation has never made sense.

Upvote 0

Astroqualia

Born-again Truthseeker
Feb 5, 2019
FL
✟11,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you think the Holy Bible is “all true,” why don’t you offer animal sacrifices to YHWH as required in the Bible?

There are 26 sins that require the death penalty in the five books of the Bible law called the Torah in Hebrew. List of capital crimes in the Torah - Wikipedia

Not even Israel holds them to be true. They eliminated the death penalty. Their murder rate is lower than that of “Christian” America. They live longer than Americans.
The Bible IS all true, if you read it, you see that animal sacrifices used to be required, but after Jesus became the perfect sacrifice, that requirement was fulfilled and not a requirement to perform anymore. The context actually matters to rightly divide the Word of Truth.

Israel the modern day nation is not a good example for Christians in any way, shape or form. 98% of those living in Israel are living in enmity with Christ, which shows you the Biblical requirements for them to return to Christ/God to be allowed back into the holy land have not been fulfilled, and have never been fulfilled. I'd be careful how much I support the synagogue of Satan referenced in Rev 2:9 & 3:9, if I was a discerning Christian.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hello you; thank you for coming to check out this thread.

The video above is a total time of 1:13; hopefully the direct delivery will help.

Watched your short video clip. You appear to be under the impression that all you have to do is believe in Jesus and you are saved and nothing else (like the majority of Christianity).

But if you were to do a keyword search on the words, “saved,” and “salvation” at BlueLetterBible.org, you will get a more comprehensive picture of salvation in the Bible.

For example: Matthew 24 says,
But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.” (Matthew 24:13).

So my Bible tells me I have to also endure to the end to be saved.

2 Thessalonians 2 says,
“But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto he called you by our gospel,...” (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14).

My Bible also tells me that the call of the gospel is.... God has chosen me to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and a belief of the truth.

This sanctification of the Spirit is in reference here to the Spirit making us to live righteously because the verses proceeding it and the verses after talk about holy living coupled with faith.

• Friendly
Reactions: AubreyM
Upvote 0

privatepop

May 1, 2011
Visit site
✟23,840.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hello you; thank you for coming to check out this thread.

The video above is a total time of 1:13; hopefully the direct delivery will help.

1) God must have chosen you before the world was.
2) Christ must have paid for you sins from the foundation of the world.
3) At some point in that persons life God will apply salvation to this person by hearing or being in the presents of the Holy Scriptures, Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. This was the point of sending out the gospel. Rv 19:13, And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
It is 100% the work of God.

Upvote 0