Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
At the top of Clinton's short list for VP:
Kaine leads as Democrat Clinton nears a running mate choice

Democrat Hillary Clinton was close to announcing her vice presidential candidate on Friday, with leading contender U.S. Senator Tim Kaine seen as a safe choice that allows her ticket to present itself as a steady alternative to the unpredictable campaign of Republican rival Donald Trump.

Kaine, from Virginia, would give Clinton a running mate with wide governing experience but picking the self-described "boring" senator could anger progressive groups hoping for a more liberal choice.

- Source

I think I'd rather have Kaine running than Clinton. He differs a little bit from me on almost all of the major issues, but only a little bit, and his reasoning for taking those positions seems strong. I like the guy.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think I'd rather have Kaine running than Clinton. He differs a little bit from me on almost all of the major issues, but only a little bit, and his reasoning for taking those positions seems strong. I like the guy.

You are assuming Hillary bites-the-dust of course.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Go ahead...I'm listening.

I think that hammering out policy with the sitting president is a full-time job, in and of itself. Then there's managing the Office of the Vice President. Then there's keeping abreast of the goings-on in the Senate, since the Veep is the president of the Senate. Then there's selling the president's planned policies to the Congress. Then there's the routine fundraising and publicity functions.

Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about Tim Kaine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More than most elections, the difference in VP might be significant. Remember the two candidates are already hitting age 70. The mortality odds begin to be an issue on both sides although both candidates appear in excellent health.

Upvote 0

Picky Picky

Old – but wise?
Apr 26, 2012
✟11,050.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

I've never heard of the bloke before (that's my problem, not his!) but I assume if Mrs Clinton views him favourably it must be because he is a murderous unconvicted criminal closely allied with Lucifer, and that a vote for him would be a vote against America. Lock him up, I say.

Reactions: SepiaAndDust
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that hammering out policy with the sitting president is a full-time job, in and of itself. Then there's managing the Office of the Vice President. Then there's keeping abreast of the goings-on in the Senate, since the Veep is the president of the Senate. Then there's selling the president's planned policies to the Congress. Then there's the routine fundraising and publicity functions.
Now back to our regularly scheduled discussion about Tim Kaine.

You get 100% credit for being in the news swamp. The NBC news report said they had no clue 60 seconds ago. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Safe pick.

Hilary is in the lead and is avoiding risk. He seems like a decent dude and I like him more than Clinton, without question.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,007.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Bookmakers throughout the world all strongly favour Hillary to be the next President no matter who her running mate is,
what do they know that we don't know?
as the result in Europe referendum in the UK demonstrated bookies know nothing.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That isn't remotely true. Though I will add that it depends on the president.

In my opinion, Kaine was nothing more than a "see moderates!, you should vote for me!" move by Clinton.

She specifically found a democrat who's moderate on abortion, guns, and taxation. It was a move to try to secure the "could go either way" moderates... Then once they're in office, he'll have about as much impact on policy as Dan Quayle did under Bush 1.

Granted, it's not a bad strategy since moderates often determine the election.

Trump's VP choice was also a strategy...since the GOP heavily relies on large subset of people voting based on whether or not they think "the person is a real Christian or not" ...and it's clear that many in the Christian community have doubts about Donald...they added Pence to the ticket to try to re-assure that crowd.

Upvote 0