United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I found a video concerning Robert Morris of Gateway Church that's disturbing, he's a prosperity preacher and I have proof. Thoughts and comments?

It’s easy to take small takes of a sermon and change the whole message to prove your point.

I’ve been tithing for years, not only money, but also my time, and I can tell you of how blessed I’ve been by trusting God. I believe tithing is not only an act of obedience but also of trusting God as I realized it is not my work who sustains me, but God himself and His promises. I’ve seen people who were christians, tithed and then left the church have their lives destroyed, not because God cursed them, but because they removed themselves from God’s umbrella (protection); it is a natural consequence of their actions, just as if you don’t don’t drink water, you will die in a few days.

When I started tithing I did it as an act of obedience, but I complained I didn’t have money left, I still did it. Then I started noticing opportunities started to appear; free financial classes, more working hours, a better job with less work but more income, an opportunity to go back to school and be able to finally get my certification to work on what I love most. I also noticed my clothes, food and car gas last longer and I became wiser. It wasn’t that I didn't have money, I just didn’t have my priorities straight and God was showing me that. He also showed me a pattern of debt in my family, one I am finally breaking free from. He who is faithful will little will be faithful with more.

About Pastor Robert, I’ve been blessed with his teachings, as well as with Todd White, Bob Hamp, Kris Vallotton and Bill Johnson. I am careful with who I listen to, because the Lord places a Pastor in your life and not all the time is because of the Pastor, but to test your obedience. When I have a problem with a Pastor, I go to the Lord in private and present my confusion/complaint to Him. I am very clareful of bashing someone who could be anointed by the Lord. Don’t forget Saul wasn’t God’s heart desire, but he was His will and anointed one. And David, who was God’s heart desire and to become the anointed one didn’t dare to touch Saul recognizing God’s authority over him.

People open the door to the devil and then they cry because he stole from them.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"It’s easy to take small takes of a sermon and change the whole message to prove your point."

It's not like that at all, I recommend watching the video.

I did. I actually watch their services as He was called to be my Pastor for this season of Rest after years of ministry. I’ve been involved with Gateway Church for almost seven years now, directly and indirectly as I helped a hispanic church who sent missionaries to South America to preach the Gospel and help ministries. I’ve seen, with my own eyes, this church deliver goods all over the world and use their money wisely to reach people; free classes, conferences, books, concerts, outreach supplies, etc.

I strongly suggest not to talk about something you’ve never tasted before, but for those who tested God (as He said we could with our tithings in Malachi 3:10 ) I can assure you, it is true what he said about the consequenses. About the joke of “or I’ll give you your money back” Knowing Pastor Robert, he said it because he knew people would taste and see what the Lord says about testing Him is true after they start relying on God. Also, in the years I’ve been involved in the church, Pastor Robert has only preached on tithing like once or twice a year because he thinks thats one of the most basic things a christian should do without needing to have a Pastor tell them that money is to be able to feed others just as they have been fed.

Upvote 0

Zyon1

May 14, 2018
Blue Eye
✟8,976.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So I'm under a curse if I don't tithe? And I have to tithe in order to break the curse? That doesn't sound biblical.

You can't buy yourself into Heaven.

1 Timothy 6:10 (KJV)

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Reactions: sgraves76
Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I'm under a curse if I don't tithe? And I have to tithe in order to break the curse? That doesn't sound biblical.

You can't buy yourself into Heaven.

1 Timothy 6:10 (KJV)

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

You asked what we think about Robert Morris, so I answered. You are entitled to believe whatever you want. I am just giving you my perspective from someone who tithes and was under a curse myself when I didn’t believe, and a perspective from someone who has been blessed by his teachings.

Do you even go to church? Do you submit to a Pastor? Do you tithe? It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You didn't answer: So I'm under a curse if I don't tithe? And I have to tithe in order to break the curse?

I believe those who don’t believe in God’s promises are under a curse/condemned already, but they have been living separated from God for so long that they don’t know they are.

Listen, its like if I went to a birthday party but you didn't. I can spend a long time explaining what I experienced in the party but since you haven't been there I can only give you the details of my experience, but you wont be able to experience it until you go yourself.

People should watch the whole sermon, not just frames from it. Doing so can be misleading people from the truth by only pointing certain takes that people use to persecute christians.

I was just answering the initial question, the rest was extra.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I believe those who don’t believe in God’s promises are under a curse/condemned already" How does this address the tithe?

Being blessed by tithin is a promise from God to us. My answer is there. I’ll let you think and meditate on my answers.

I was going to stop the conversation but now I am curious. Were you hurt by a church or a Pastor? Did you tithe and then thought you weren't blessed? I wonder whats the spirit behind you wanting to accuse someone you don’t even know or learned from by posting small takes of a video.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 6:24

"No one can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

See, I knew about the spirit behind all this.

But for your reference:

Money is not evil, the love for money is. I work for my money. I bet you work for your money as well. Does that make you evil? No

And who said I am serving two masters when I am tithing and being blessed by the Lord Himself as I hold on to His promises (not only about tithing)? Probably someone who doesn’t even tithe. The one who doesn’t tithe is the one who has love for money since he/she doesn’t trust God by giving back what it is His in the first place.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The video speaks for itself, you're wrong and in denial. And arrogant.

Zyon1 it is difficult to reason with those caught up and enamored with false teaching. One would hope that at some point they would follow the path of the Bereans. For further information:

DEBUNKING THE BLESSED LIFE BY WORD FAITH PREACHER ROBERT MORRIS—PART 1 : Apprising Ministries

DEBUNKING THE BLESSED LIFE BY WORD FAITH PREACHER ROBERT MORRIS—PART 2 : Apprising Ministries

Robert Morris caught red-handed stealing money from congregation

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.