what do you think about my denomination?

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
in this thread we discuss with respect and love.
i belong to an evangelical church called alliance world fellowship Alliance World Fellowship | Alliance World Fellowship, i've heard they think of us we are religious and don't let the holy spirit moves freely.
I was in the Alliance for several years and also graduated from Alliance Theological Seminary in Nyack, NY.

This judgment is somewhat true, but no group is perfect. The Alliance looks down on spiritual tongues, prophecy and such. They prefer more protection of the sheep rather than experimentation with spiritual gifts.

I consider it a fine group if you like Evangelicals. If you are content with AWF, then don't worry about the judgment of outsiders.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

WESTOZZIE

Site Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
WA
Visit site
✟54,255.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
AB Simpson wrote ---
"In My name they shall cast out devils . . . . they shall lay hands upon the sick and they shall recover."

"This was "the faith once delivered unto the saints." What has become of it? Why is it not still universally taught and realized? Did it disappear with the Apostolic age? Was it withdrawn when Peter, Paul, and John were removed? By no means. It remained in the Church for centuries and only disappeared gradually in the growing worldliness, corruption, formalism and unbelief of the early Christian centuries. With a reviving faith, with a deepening spiritual life, with a more marked and Scriptural recognition of the Holy Spirit and the Living Christ, and with the nearer approach of the returning Master Himself, this blessed Gospel of physical redemption is beginning to be restored to its ancient place, and the Church is slowly learning to reclaim what she never should have lost. But along with this there is also manifested such a spirit of conservative unbelief and cold, traditional, theological rationalism as to make it necessary that we should "contend earnestly for the faith once delivered unto the saints." First of all we must be sure of our Scriptural foundations. Faith must ever rest on the Divine Word; and the most important element in the "prayer of faith" is a full and firm persuasion that the healing of disease by simple faith in God is, beyond question, a part of the .Gospel and a doctrine of the Scriptures."

Well worth reading his booklet

Upvote 0

_Dave_

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2019
Arizona
✟144,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
  • Agree
Reactions: ace of hearts
Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Peter J Barban

Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never heard of it. I tend to measure a movement based on how people actually act, statements of faith don't say anything about how a group actually is.
In my experience, Alliance people are roughly as good as other Evangelicals. I still have friends that minister in the Alliance. Good people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
in this thread we discuss with respect and love.
i belong to an evangelical church called alliance world fellowship Alliance World Fellowship | Alliance World Fellowship, i've heard they think of us we are religious and don't let the holy spirit moves freely.
You say that your fellowship is about love and respect, but I don't get that impression.

While it's located in Brazil it seems to have some sort of prejudice against American Christians, saying:

Most American Christians show little evidence in their lives that they have been separated from sin.

Most American Christians behave in ways that make it difficult to believe that they have been “set apart” for the service of God.

Kind of implies "We Brazilian Christians are superior to you American Christians", which itself seems counter to their claim of being spiritually superior and counter to respect and love.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
In my experience, Alliance people are roughly as good as other Evangelicals. I still have friends that minister in the Alliance. Good people.
Evangelicals can be edifying, it just depends if their one-blindspot-per-group is accepting of you personally.

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How's it any different to the other 30,000 plus evangelical denominations?
There aren't 30,000 Evangelical denominations; the survey that produced that figure came up with 30,000 Christian denominations.

But that aside, the Christian and Missionary Alliance is charismatic. That rules out most Protestant churches and (because of its particular stand on that issue) many of the Pentecostal ones in particular.

It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
You say that your fellowship is about love and respect, but I don't get that impression.

While it's located in Brazil it seems to have some sort of prejudice against American Christians, saying:

Most American Christians show little evidence in their lives that they have been separated from sin.

Most American Christians behave in ways that make it difficult to believe that they have been “set apart” for the service of God.

Kind of implies "We Brazilian Christians are superior to you American Christians", which itself seems counter to their claim of being spiritually superior and counter to respect and love.
sure, the good is do not have prejudices, also i am not sure of your quotes

Upvote 0