Isserty_Dawn

Faith is not knowing God can, but that He will
Feb 15, 2004
✟8,810.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Private
My husband sews. He is a lot better at reading the patterns than I am. Does anyone think that it is wrong for a man to sew?? Just a curiosity question
1.gif

Reactions: BeachBlonde
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lenora56

Veteran
May 25, 2005
Louisiana
Visit site
✟1,972.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isserty_Dawn said:
My husband sews. He is a lot better at reading the patterns than I am. Does anyone think that it is wrong for a man to sew?? Just a curiosity question
1.gif

That's interesting. I know lots of women who have trouble reading maps. Maps and patterns aren't so far apart, I suppose. I'm sure some men have trouble reading maps too (to whomever: no emails about this, please!).

I think it's GREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT for a man to sew. Just think of all the nice things you can have.

Upvote 0

ceedaisy

Cee the Encourager
May 12, 2004
Kentucky
✟10,417.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nothing wrong with it in my book either! My hubby can cross stitch and helped me sew some blankies for our son before he was born. In fact he got mad because I started without him! My dad has cross stitched also. There is probably lot of guy closet sewers out there!;)

Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟9,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's a wonderful talent! My mother & father both could sew like crazy! Think of all those well known/wealthy clothes designer men/ they sew! When I was in art class one day a young man came up to my table where several of us were talking. He knew someone in our group. He had some clothes designs he showed us. When he left I was told who he was - a well known local who goes international with his designs ! Also, on some of the decorating shows on HGTV I see men sewing ever so often. It is a shame we live in a world that makes a man feel like he might better keep his talent of sewing a secret. I hope your husband will come to feel very proud of his work!

To the poster who mentioned quilts - one of the most beautiful quilts I have ever seen was hanging in a museum in Memphis , Tn. and it was done by a man. His tiny stitches put the women's quilts to shame!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
fairiedust said:
I think it is awesome when men sew. They have the courage to do what they love and have been blessed at in a world where some things are viewed as "Womens work" or "Men's Work" and they are just as good and sometimes better than women in their field.

exactly.

I think it's quite...sexy to see a man sew. really! but since I've been sewing since the age of 12.5, I can say I'm pretty good. however, I HATE being in the kitchen.... if I can find a guy who cooks, he's hired for LIFE. LOL

Upvote 0

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rosie Grier the football great liked to do needlepoint and believe me if you ever saw the size of this man you would know he never got laughed at. I would like to add some of you ladies are lucky women your husbands and sons sound awesome.:wave:

I would like to edit that "lucky women" to read "blessed women".

Upvote 0