• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

What do you really desire God to do for you?

Discussion in 'Baptists' started by Anthony Luca, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Anthony Luca

Anthony Luca New Member

+1
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    Salvation of the soul and craving for the Holy Spirit is all we need in life, but most times we go wrong in search of things that are flashy but not Godly.

Only if men knew that all they seek for in life can be gotten by having a genuine intimacy with the Holy Spirit

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. mnorian

mnorian Oldbie--Eternal Optimist Staff Member Administrator Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,217
    Christian
    Married
    Mod hat on
    [​IMG]
    this thread has been moved from
    Introduce Yourself
    to
    the Baptist forum
    for a better fit and responses; and also because IY is for short greetings only.
    Hat off.

3. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats Christ is born!

+1,584
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    This is not true. We must have the desires to serve God and spread His Wor, either through our words or actions. God made a plan for all of His children, so we must desire to live that kind of life. We cannot do it without asking Him to help us.

4. nonaeroterraqueous

nonaeroterraqueous Nonexistent Member

+1,744
    United States
    Protestant
    Married
    This statement is quite true. The desire to serve God and spread the Gospel is good, but it comes secondary to communion with the Holy Spirit.

5. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,694
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Libertarian
  6. carp614

carp614 Active Member

+298
    Christian
    Married
    Give me victory over a sinful addiction I seem to be powerless to control.

7. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,321
    Anabaptist
  8. Sam91

Sam91 Child of the Living God Supporter

+7,674
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Private
    Aside from spiritual things like keeping me in Him, etc. I have only one thing I desire.

I hope that He'll keep me alive long enough for my son to be able to understand. His dad died of cancer when he was a baby and he is 5. He dreads the idea of anything happening to me and has said things like this (while crying): 'Mum if I die please hold my hand and come to heaven with me and if you die I'll hold your hand'.

That's my one not spiritual desire. To be around for him.